Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Kyle Walker to City.
TheGame 7 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

enter image description here

I don't presume to know the reasons for why Spurs decided to sell this player to a direct rival, for a position they are currently weak in but this must be one of the stupidest moves I've seen by Levy in a long time. Spurs, to me, are title favorites next year. You can't just have aspirations to become a giant in English football and decide to sell the sort of player that can propel a rival into challenging you directly. Don't get me wrong, 50 mil is about right for a player of Walkers quality, given the demand for top quality defenders (And of course being English helps). But there is no doubt this move was ill-advised and ill-timed. And to say Trippier is an upgrade to Walker, is just plain idiocy unless Poch knows something we don't.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Cause 50 mil for a fullback is absolutely retarded. Bonucci just moved for 40M, and he's a top 3-5 CB in the world. I'm not convinced Walker is on that level, yet City offered more.

Trippier is a downgrade, but 50 mil is worth a minor downgrade.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Sounds like great business for Spurs. Trippier isn't much of a downfall if you ask me. I think he's also a quality fullback, although I was a little surprised that D. Alves didn't end up joining.

All in all, this deal looks like a win-win for both clubs; City have a long term replacement for Zabaleta, Spurs making bank and Tripper stepping up.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Lol Spurs made some ridiculous bank on this one. They seem to be the clear winners here. Walker is not on any class to make City's play any more dangerous.

It's getting ridiculous how these British teams are overpaying for mediocre or decent players. If you're going to spend 50M Pounds on a full-back or 75M Pounds on a striker, at least spend that kind of money on one of the world's best.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I don't see reason why Spurs' fans are mad or calling him snake, they got money with which they can buy Pereira + another player. £50m for fullback? Too much if you ask me. Doesn't matter that Walker is best fullback in England.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Bonucci age 30 . Had internal problems in Juve with teammates . Being sold to a rival that still trying to establish themselves in top 3 . AC milan are not rich . Both parties are happy with a sale maybe Juventus is the happiest one or maybe AC Milan because for now they need someone world class . I thought 40 is too much for him but then again it is my opinion not yours so let's talk facts that could have affected this transfer .

Spurs are selling 27 years old English player whom City needs just to meet with FFP rules . Plus there aren't many english players of his quality ( sadly ) .. Then Spurs are selling to direct title rival . On top they know City has money and will pay . Thus the price .

Who is going to sell world's best to English clubs ? Everyone is taking advantage of english clubs financial status . City can't pressure the player so he can pressure his club make the transfer cheaper with a history , statue , or calibre of players at possession of the club like Real or Barcelona can . It is easy to talk when you are supporting club like Real . Frankly it is puzzling to me that United sort of lost that sort of attraction among players .

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

To be honest, Trippier is just as good as Walker.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

AC milan are not rich

Milan new owner already spend 200M this transfer window bruh!

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I am sorry is that a lot in todays standards ? I don't think so . Look around at the inflated market . And they just spend 40 m of that 200 on aging defender .. world class aging .. Easier to do transfer like that since Juve knows that they won't get another offer like that ..

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

the only reason Bonucci was sold is because his relationship with Allegri has broken and his fight with Dybala at half time of ucl final.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I am sorry is that a lot in todays standards ? I don't think so . Look around at the inflated market . And they just spend 40 m of that 200 on aging defender .. world class aging .. Easier to do transfer like that since Juve knows that they won't get another offer like that ..

To my knowledge, I don't think any club has ever spent 200mil in a single window. Neither has Milan, they're hovering around 160mil right now, which is roughly the average of what City spends every window over the few years.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

We'll have to wait and see but I reckon its a good move for all involved, Walker will get way more playing time, City got their long term replacement with a player that will play exactly in the way Pep like his fullback to play and Tottenham got the money they asked for.

@Dynastian Well, I'm not sure about that, I rate Walker pretty highly as a an offensive full-back but time will tell if you are right. :)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Sun

Real Madrid spent 259M Euros in the 2009 summer transfer window.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Sun Real Madrid spent 259M Euros in the 2009 summer transfer window.

Which is 195 mil pounds, sorry, should've specified.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

50m... LMAO, people in EPL are on drugs... seriously, this guy is at 20M max.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Well, add +10M since he is british and another 10M cause he play for a rival club, then another one because he is an international player I guess and it make sense. :P

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Kyle Walker has been one of the best performing right-backs in the league for, well, about 3 years now, which is probably why he was included the the PFA Team of the Year for both the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons. So, there's that. This is not that surprising when we remember that he also won the PFA Young Player of the Year award in 2012, and was also in the UEFA U21 Euro Team of the Tournament in 2011.

Now 27 years old, entering the prime of his career, he's pretty much the finished article, one of the best right-backs in the world, and Guardiola, being the genius that he is, had already sold all 3 of his right-back choices early in the summer, so, City had essentially no option but to pay whatever Tottenham demanded.

Oh, and thanks to Liverpool's hilarious tapping up of Virgil van Dijk, whom Southampton subsequently priced at his full release clause of 60m, the premium on ALL defenders went up this year. ;p

So, that's why he cost 50m. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, now that the knee-jerk nonsense has died down, let's talk about this.

Kyle Walker has been one of the best performing right-backs in the league for, well, about 3 years now, which is probably why he was included the the PFA Team of the Year for both the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons. So, there's that. This is not that surprising when we remember that he also won the PFA Young Player of the Year award in 2012, and was also in the UEFA U21 Euro Team of the Tournament in 2011.

Now 27 years old, entering the prime of his career, he's pretty much the finished article, one of the best right-backs in the world, and Guardiola, being the genius that he is, had already sold all 3 of his right-back choices early in the summer, so, City had essentially no option but to pay whatever Tottenham demanded.

Oh, and thanks to Liverpool's hilarious tapping up of Virgil van Dijk, who Southampton priced at his full release clause of 60m, the premium on ALL defenders went up this year. ;)

So, that's why. But go ahead and keep saying that it's because all British talent is, like, over-rated, and what-have-you. It makes you look guys soooo smart. :)

So, now that the knee-jerk nonsense has died down, let's talk about this.

Oh, and thanks to Liverpool's hilarious tapping up of Virgil van Dijk, who Southampton priced at his full release clause of 60m, the premium on ALL defenders went up this year. ;p

So, that's why. But go ahead and keep saying that it's because all English talent is, like, over-rated, and what-have-you. It makes you look guys so smart and mature. :)

Oh, and thanks to Liverpool's hilarious tapping up of Virgil van Dijk, who Southampton priced at his full release clause of 60m, the premium on ALL defenders went up this year. ;p

So, that's why he cost 50m. :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz Thanks god, I thought I was the only one who actually saw him as a very good player. Also, I believe I'm not wrong when I say Walker is a very offensive minded player wich fit perfectly with what Pep want from his full-back, meaning for a manager like Pep, player like Walker are very precious. ;)

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I agree, and I think Guardiola wants his pace, as well.

Honestly, I wish Walker well, hopefully so long as it doesn't come at our expense. But, you know, he's been with us 8 years as a loyal servant on our tight payroll (which is 3 years longer than any current squad member), so if he's decided it's time for his big Pay Day...

...I can't really hold it against him.

Peace, Mr. Walker. Hopefully Pep can teach him a trick or two to help England win a (senior) World Cup again!

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

im not sure we can really compare this to bonucci's transfer...ever so slightly different positions but also the circumstances and reason for transfer in bonucci's case was very different...all the same i would rate walker at abt £35m

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Guys, after thinking about a long time, I think I got it, you remember how we once thought Pep joined City because we thought Zabaleta might have been his illegitimate son or brother or something like that? Well, we were wrong, he joined City to sign Walker who is actually his illegitimate son! Look at those pic, you'll see the ressemblance:
Yeah I know I'm idiot. :P