Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jurgen Klopp Set To Axe First Team Players In The Summer
Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

While reports circulate on a daily basis about who Jurgen Klopp will bring to Anfield in the Summer, it seems as if the Liverpool manager is currently more preoccupied with who will be leaving Merseyside at the end of the season.

Klopp watched his side lose the Capital One Cup final on penalties to Manchester City on Sunday and now only a Europa League victory could feasibly save the Reds from another season of disappointment. To ensure he's not in the same position this time next year, Klopp is looking to clear out the players he doesn't believe are suitable for his Liverpool revolution.

The two players at the top of his list? Christian Benteke and Simon Mignolet. According to The Times, Klopp is happy to allow Benteke, a £32.5m arrival last year, to move on this Summer, effectively sealing the striker's fate when he opted to bring Divock Origi in Sunday's League Cup final and leave the former Aston Villa man on the bench. It has long been suspected that the former Borussia Dortmund manager wasn't Benteke's biggest fan as he kept him as a substitute even when the Belgian was Liverpool's only recognised, uninjured striker in January.

enter image description here

As for Mignolet, despite only recently signing a new five-year contract, the goalkeeper has done little to instill confidence, with his blunder gifting City the opening goal at Wembley. The error was the latest in a long line for Mignolet since he arrived at Anfield from Sunderland in 2013. It is believed that, even if the Belgian stopper doesn't move on, Klopp will look to bring in a new number one in the Summer, anyway, thus reducing Mignolet to a reserve role which may force him out of Anfield, anyway.

enter image description here

Comments
onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

The player closer to his net and the player closer to the other team's net. Klopp is a genius.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't think Benteke is going to leave after just one season.

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

While Benteke has his moments, he is not as consistent as I would like to see. Klopp will have better options knock in the transfer window I think and move Benteke on.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Agreed, but I hope he will only stay as a sub, cause let's be sincere, the poor lad is being rather dissapointing to be sincere.

I suppose he might sell Mignolet if he do get a better keeper. Anyone has an idea of who could Klopp bring in to take the Number 1 at anfield?