Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jose Mourinho has agreed a deal to re-join Chelsea Plus Falcao.
AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

After months of negotiations the European champions have reached a breakthrough in their efforts to bring back the Special One and recruit the prolific Atletico Madrid striker

Jose Mourinho has agreed a deal to re-join Chelsea as their manager this summer – and is poised to bring €59 million striker Radamel Falcao with him.

The Real Madrid boss is expected to be unveiled in the Stamford Bridge hot seat at the end of the season following a breakthrough in negotiations with the club over the last week.

The Chelsea high command, led by Roman Abramovich, have been in talks with Mourinho’s camp for months about a sensational return for the man who led the club to two Premier League titles during his first spell in charge from 2004-2007.

Negotiations have centred on how much control Mourinho will have in recruiting players and staff, as well as his place in a management structure where low-profile technical director Michael Emenalo holds the levers of power.

It is believed that, following a series of twists and turns during discussions, an agreement in principle has been reached for the Portuguese to take over from interim manager Rafael Benitez this summer.

Mourinho is expected to put pen to paper and formalise the deal when he ends his three-year spell in Madrid at the end of next month.

A report in Germany last week claimed that Chelsea were on the brink of landing both Mourinho and Atletico Madrid’s spearhead Falcao.

The European champions have since made further progress with both deals and are confident that Mourinho will announce the prolific Colombian, who is also represented by super agent Jorge Mendes, as one of his first signings.

Chelsea, who came close to landing Falcao last August and then again in January, have been in talks with Atletico top brass for weeks about the structure of a deal which is complicated by uncertainty over the future of goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who has been extremely impressive since joining the Spanish club on loan at the start of last season.

Chelsea are prepared to allow the Belgian keeper to continue his development by staying in Madrid for another season if it eases Falcao's path to west London.

The Blues have made it clear that they are willing to activate the €59m release clause in the striker’s Atletico contract.

The deal is a complex one because of third-party ownership issues - with Mendes part of a consortium holding an interest in Falcao - but Chelsea have intensified their efforts to land the front man in a bid to ensure the transfer can be completed.

The London club have made Falcao a contract offer and it is believed that personal terms have already been agreed on a deal that is likely to make the striker one of the highest paid players in Premier League history.

Mourinho and senior Chelsea officials regard the Colombian, who has scored 32 goals in 36 games for Atletico this season, as an upgrade on current front men Fernando Torres and Demba Ba.

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Yaay!!! Hope he can bag some titles like the FA Cup! And to think he is only 50... pretty young compared to SAF!!

Volkinator 11 years ago
Chelsea, Sweden 5 122

Shouldnt get Falcao imo, Should let Lukaku be in the starting 11 next season

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Hopefully this time Roman Abramovich will let him stay for long time or until he decide to retire, no matter what happens whether we lose or win. Mourinho is my best and favorite coach of all time, I trust him and will support him all the way.

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

This is not official for now, nobody in Madrid has confirmed anything. But honestly, I really don't know who can replace the special one.

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

YES!!!!!

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@expertfootball I think Carlos Ancelotti.

Joe_Manchester 11 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

Back to Chelsea, really??

kambingku 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Germany 24 214

the sourse of this RUMOURS is goal.com.. dont get your hope high by reading news from these unreliable sources. only trust espn or skysports or dailymail

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@kambingku: The 'rumor' comes directly from Mourinho.

"I want to be where uh... people love me to be..."
"I am loved by some clubs, especially one"

kambingku 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Germany 24 214

i knew about that, what he said in the post match conference, i meant, the news posted by alexbatak. it is from goal.com. until there is confirmation from reliable sources, i personally wont trust it. but it is probable that he will reutrn to chelsea,i admit that

TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Jose Mourinho is a winner, but it is impossible not to concede that his time at Madrid has been a failure by his standards. If he leaves, then I really don't think it will be to Chelsea.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@TheGame Jose Mourinho carried up Real Madrid from their poor performance into a better club than they were before him since he joined Madrid, yet, The spanish media and some players don't give him credit for what he has achieved to the club. Real madrid used to get knocked out from the champions league earlier by Lyon If you still remember.

3 Champions league semi finals in 3 years. One league Title, One copa Dey Roy etc. in my opinion, I don't think Mourinho is a Madrid failure.

Anyways, He will come back home where people respect & love him.

WhatTheHell 11 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

3 trophies in 3 years thats is a failure just imagine how much money they spend just to build the 2nd galactico. yeah they had a wonderful *setting records* season last year in Laliga

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@WhatTheHell

Get lost. The only thing you can do is hate on Madrid.

@AlexBatak and TheGame

TheGame said it was a failure by "Mou standards". He's quite right. Although any normal manager would be rather happy to have achieved all that in 3 years, Mourinho will not be happy about it.

Mourinho was brought to Madrid for 2 reasons.

1. To beat Barcelona
  2. To win La Decima

He has done the first quite remarkably last season, and despite losing out to them in La Liga this season, he has beaten them 3 times in play, tied 2 times, and lost only once.

Unfortunately, he couldn't win La Decima. I'm not disappointed, as Mourinho has brought Madrid back up to the top, after a decade of absence among Europe's elite. And Mourinho has left his mark in Madrid as well. I doubt any other coach could possibly overthrow the supreme reign of a Guardiola managed Barcelona side that have been playing the same football style for a decade. Truly a great accomplishment.
Mourinho may not be satisfied about his spell in Madrid, but I sure am. As Madrid fans, we ought to thank him before he leaves.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynastian98 +1 well said mate, Just if the Spanish media and Real madrid fans were like you, Mourinho would feel appreciated and stay one more year. But as a Chelsea fan I'm glad that he is coming back :)

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I agree, Dynast.

WhatTheHell 11 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

@Dyna get lost what are you doin on Barcelona thread not hating but being a football fan? 3 trophies in 3 years *Laliga, CdR and a Supercopa* definetely thats a failure in Mourinho and Madrid standard.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@AlexBatak

Haha, I remember that Chelsea squad back then. A rather dangerous one if I do say so myself. O.o
Trust me mate, you'll have PLENTY of fun and entertainment with Mourinho, not to mention success. Maybe even more than the last time he was around. ;)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@WhatTheHell

Yes. Trying to beat the best team in the world at everything is a VERY easy task, isn't it mate? Especially when they're in your exact same league AND cup. Oh wonderful!

If you had any sense, you would look at Madrid pre-Mourinho and pro-Mourinho. THAT's when you realize how much Mourinho has done and how far he has brought Madrid in just 3 years. His work at Madrid will always remain the least appreciated, but probably the hardest he has ever done.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think there will be two factors in that:

1) Drawback: the fact that Chelsea now has to share the big-money status with Man City and PSG, meaning they can't assemble the league-beating squad they can in so short a time.

2) Advantage: if he goes back to Chelsea, I cannot think that he will do so unless Roman gives him more control, this time, which will mean he'll have less interference.