Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Chelsea Versus Manchester United now the English El clasico?
ash3rking 11 years ago
Chelsea, Zimbabwe 3 3

After the events of this week and previous years, is Chelsea Vs Manchester Utd as BIG or even BIGGER than Real Madrid Vs Barcelona or any other club rivalry?? is it the English El classico? Leave your thoughts here

Comments
regli11 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

yes

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Yes

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

but cant compare to the real el classico

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

NO!
1st Chelsea main rival is Arsenal
2nd United main rival is City
3rd Chelsea vs United will probably never be bigger than EL CLASSICO
4th in EPL i think we got several el classico's between Arsenal/Chelsea/City/Manu

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Some Chelsea fans, such as yourself, are thinking too highly about your club and us. There's no such things as an 'El Clasico' in England, since there are heaps of competitive clubs, at similar levels, fighting for one title. Stop relating La Liga's traditions with the BPL. End of story.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

I partly agree, Heisinburg. However, I think it's an interesting question to ask. I believe what he's asking is which English club is currently the second biggest. United is obviously considered the biggest club in England, but as Chelsea won the CL and City won the EPL (and Arsenal and Liverpool haven't won much the last time), it's really hard to say.

The only reason why I'd say United vs Chelsea not is the biggest match, is because United and City is a derby as well. Therefore, it's the biggest settlement in my opinion.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

no i dont think so,it should not be called el clasico,our main rivals are other london clubs,west ham,qpr,arsenal,fulham,etc in england its called a derby and well said heinsburg

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

No. I completely agree with quickzyyy.

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

totally agree with heins. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Same here.

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

EPL have many el classicos 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

The 2nd Clasico :)

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@quikzyyy: No, we are not your main rivals, QPR are.

Our matches are big, but not the main El Clasico. There are no such things as a main el clasico in the EPL. They're just derby's and rivalries.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The reason Madrid vs Barca is called "El Clasico" is because it is a traditional classic in Spain. Ever since the 1920's, both these teams have been competing constantly as the top two teams in Spain. You will never get an English El Clasico because there are too many teams competing and most of them have only reached the top in the last 20 years or so.

And as Heisinburg said, stop comparing Spanish traditions to English ones. This is like the fifth post on this topic.

ash3rking 11 years ago
Chelsea, Zimbabwe 3 3

thanks for your comments perhaps l phrased my question the wrong way, what l really wanted to know is in terms of entertainment and the talking points before and after Chelsea and Manchester Utd play. Every Game always has drama and its always Box Office action. Ofcourse it will never reach the level of the real El Classico but l believe in terms of entertainment for fans, Chelsea Vs Manchester United is the closest, taking recent events of this week into consideration.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Generally speaking, Real Madrid vs Barcelona is perhaps the only game in La Liga that every football fan watches. No other game in La Liga is broadcasted like this one. That's why people consider the EPL the best, because they don't watch any other league due to language barriers.

The EPL is much more marketable, largely due to language suitability, and therefore a lot of people in general watch the EPL, and that's partially why almost everyone knows about all the drama in these types of matches. But to answer your question, the drama in both these games are treated just about equally.

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

nah id say man utd vs man city is forming to be the new El Classico

awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

!. El Classico (Barca-Madrid)

1. EPL Classico (Manu-Chelsea)
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Man Utd VS Arsenal is English El Classico... if there is one...

ash3rking 11 years ago
Chelsea, Zimbabwe 3 3

@ramaboy10 with how disappointing the game between them on Saturday was, right now might not be the time to say that game is the epl version of el classico, Gotta give credit to the red devils though they seem to be every Big team's worst enemy