Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

International Retirement News and Predection Thread
MisterDaniel 8 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 17 92

enter image description here

With Euro 2016 coming up. There will be some players looking to make their mark on Europe's biggest stage for the first time. And some for the last. So I've decided to make a thread predicting who will retire from International play before and after Euro 2016. So far, Olić (pictured above), A Croatian legend, just retired from the national team. And Podolski announced he's calling it's quits after the Euros a while back. So who do you think will retire from international play before or after Euro 2016? Let me know in the comments below!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

With Euro 2016 coming up. There will be some players looking to make their mark on Europe's biggest stage for the first time. And some for the last. So I've decided to make a thread predicting who will retire from International play before and after Euro 2016. So far, Olić, A Croatian legend, just retired from the national team. And Podolski announced he's calling it's quits after the Euros a while back. So who do you think will retire from international play in Euro 2016? Let me know in the comments below!

With Euro 2016 coming up. There will be some players looking to make their mark on Europe's biggest stage for the first time. And some for the last. So I've decided to make a thread predicting who will retire from International play before and after Euro 2016. So far, Olić (pictured above), A Croatian legend, just retired from the national team. And Podolski announced he's calling it's quits after the Euros a while back. So who do you think will retire from international play in Euro 2016? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Schweinsteiger. Going to be very sad because I've watched him all his career.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Agree with Dynastian, it would make a lot of sense for Schweinsteiger to quit after the euro, he won't be any better sadly and it might be better for him to leave before the next world cup. Also, there's quite a few older player who could stop their international career after the euro. Here some older player I found after making some research who could possibly retreat after the Euro: Jean-François Gillet and Olivier Deschacht for Belgium, Bacary Sagnat and Jallet for France (and maybe Evra in the future), Robert Green, Phil Jagielka and Carrick for England, Casillas for Spain, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Paul Verhaegh for Netherland and Andrea Barzagli and Andrea Pirlo for Italy.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Pirlo and Casillas. Two glittering careers, two sad farewells.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

You know whats sad? The Netherlands is NOT even in it :(

saatvik10 8 years ago

Exactly :(

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan_jinn @Saatvik10 Both statement are very true and indeed sad... :(

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You know what is more sad than anything else . Rooney is not retiring from International football anytime soon .

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ahh I remember the days when Rooney was as terrifying as Ronaldo and Messi. Injuries completely destroyed his potential. He was honestly one of the most freakishly talented players I have ever seen as a youngster.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian I get what you're saying, the worse in all that is he clearly still have some moment where he show amazing stuff, but the lack of consistency just seem to hurt him so bad in the EPL... To a once great player, heres hoping he can still a few great thing before retiring.

• History

@Dynastian I get what you're saying, the worse in all that is he clearly still have some moment where he show great thing, but the lack of consistency just seem to hurt him so bad in the EPL... To a once great player, heres hoping he can still a few great thing before retiring.

saatvik10 8 years ago

@Marcus2011 He still plays reasonably well for England.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ok let me , maybe i can defend Rooney . I think the reason why he sucks is because he does not have the quality of players around him . He is a striker and can play CF and even CAM , but he just does not have that quality around him play the style that he always played between 2003-2009 . So many times he tried to leave United , and it was most likely not because of money, but lack of world class signings . Who did United signed as truly very world class player since Ronaldo left ? Van Persie but he was good for one season then he expired ... then Di Maria was completely missused ..

IMO that is the reason why he became shadow of his former self . He really should be at the peak of his career right now and be even better than ever before ..

• History

Ok let me , maybe i can defend Rooney . I think the reason why he sucks is because he does not have the quality of players around him . He is a striker and can play CF and even CAM , but he just does not have that quality around him play the style that he always played. So many times he tried to leave United and it was most likely not because of money but lack of world class signings . Who did United signed as truly very world class player since Ronaldo left ? Van Persie but he was good for one season then he expired ... then Di Maria was completely missused ..

IMO that is the reason why he became shadow of his former self . He really should be at the peak of his career right now and be even better than ever before ..

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Uhmnn ROoney is still our important player and he still has the quality and the drive whenever he plays.

You know what's my problem with him recently is? His wages doesn't exactly justify his class... :( or simply put, he doesn't deliver up to what he's ask for... :(

The way our coaches use him is also not getting the best out of him. And @Marcus is right, we dont have the best players around him.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

So, Sagna might leave after that, let me check again... The guys is 33, even for a defender, thats not too young, yeah, like I said before, could be his last international competition, that he want it or not.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

The dutch national team will most likely go through even tougher times with Robben, RVP and Sneijder all on the verge of retirement.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@LVG True, but I wouldn't be suprised if one of them at least would still be there for world cup 2018.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

Hopefully its Robben. :)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@LVG Indeed! :D