Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

HUMMELS WANTS TO LEAVE
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that Mats Hummels has requested to leave the club at the end of the season and join Bayern Munich.

The statement said: "The player Mats Hummels informed Borussia Dortmund that he wishes to leave the club in order to join FC Bayern Munich with effect from the 2016/2017 season.

However the Bundesliga champions have yet to make an offer for the Dortmund captain.

Thoughts?

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Decentk But the question is wich nationality is your mate? What is his situation, do he play football in a club already? And if he does, what kind of club is it? You have to think about those thing when you consider what kind of team a player would like to join. In the case of Hummels, we're talking about a player who alway have played in germany and want to win trophy. The logical choice for him to both win trophy and keep on playing in germany would be of course to join Bayern Munich. What is even best in his case is that Bayern Munich is located in the city he grew up in so in my opinion it make sense he might want to continue his career there rather than in a English team.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Decentk But the question is? Wich nationality is your mate? What is his situation, do he play football in club already? And if he doe, what kind of club is it? You have to think about those thing when you consider what kind of team a player would like to join. In the case of Hummels, we're talking about a player who alway have played in germany and want to win trophy. The logical choice for him to both win trophy and keep on playing in germany would be of course to join Bayern Munich. What is even best in his case is that Bayern Munich is located in the city he grew up in so in my opinion it make sense he might want to continue his career there rather than in a English team.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Its sad to hear that... MU is supposed to be a dream team to join, for any player :( and the league is also way more competitive. :( im sad

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Tuan_jinn A dream team for any player, no, but I'm pretty sure that a good majority of young English player dream of joining Manchester United one day if they ever reach the right level. Also, they are still plenty of player who respect and would love to join team like Manchester United. There are however a few player who wouldn't want to join Manchester United right now, player that don't want to leave their country for example, player who have a strong love for their current club and player which already play in team like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus or team that are MU rivals.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He has been probably the most wanted CB of the century, being related to moves everywhere. I just feel bad for Dortmund, not only for the fact he is leaving but because he'll probably leave for a ridiculous price and once again to Bayern..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Tuanis I agree, every time thing seem to get better for BVB, something else happen that seem to give Bayern the edge. I really would have hoped that Dortmund would at least manage to get a good price for him but now that Hummels went and made public his desire to go to Bayern, no doubt they won't have to ask a lot to get him. Borussia Dortmund just seem so unlucky outside of the pitch.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emobot: completely agree. Thats why i said: is supposed to be. We were the giant, the theater of dreams...

And now...

Its sad

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Tuan_jinn Aw, come on lad, its not so bad, Manchester United is still one of the most prestigious club in the world. They will alway be able to recruit strong player from many different place and will no doubt go back to be the "theater of dream" in the close future.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Tuan_jinn Aw, come on lad, its not so bad, Manchester United is still one of the most prestigious club in the world. They will alway be able to recruit strong player from many different place and will no doubt go back to be the "theater of dream".

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

They would be stupid to let him go for less than 35 mil, I mean look at David Luiz and Mangala price and the guy was a starter in the National Manscaft in 2014, a year of contract or not other teams will try to attract him as well and make his price climb a little. Barca needs someone like him more than Bayern imo, unless they give Bartra a chance.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Hans-Joachim Watzke (CEO of Dortmund)

We have named a figure that is not negotiable. They either pay it 100% or the transfer will not go through.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Juan

If Dortmund hardline this, it will just be another Lewa.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Guys, Mats hummels didnt completely state the h had the complete intention of leaving, the reporter misunderstood him mainly due to the shocking statement, the question was that if there was any possibility from him leaving dortmund and his answer was simple and that was that he may be playing for Bayren given the history with them. So please give him a break, he said what Klopp said before that "he wouldnt be surprised if he were to join bayren"

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@ray

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that Mats Hummels has requested to leave the club at the end of the season and join Bayern Munich.
The statement said: "The player Mats Hummels informed Borussia Dortmund that he wishes to leave the club in order to join FC Bayern Munich with effect from the 2016/2017 season.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@Sun I know, what I mean is that dont take it as a harsh statement from hummels, the guy must have misinterpreted hummels statement.

MrGoooool 8 years ago
Liverpool, Mexico 27 580

for me he's Judas.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Ray

Dortmund would make certain that they were 100% sure of EXACTLY what he meant before they confirmed a statement like that.

SternDesSuedens 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 9 317

really.. Judas who played for Bayern until he was 21. It was Klinsmann who let him go (worst coach in history of BM, in 2009 we could have actually appointed Klopp from Mainz instead)
But it seems like every player leaving Dortmund is a Judas, doesn't matter what they did for the club. "wahre liebe"

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Just funny fact, Mats Hummels in 2013:

"I do not understand Gotze’s decision and I have told him just that."

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy Poor Hummels, I feel like he gonna hear that one a lot in the coming week, not that it is completely undeserved though.

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Sun: Seems like it, but I'm sure they'll come to an agreement, 25 mil would be my guess. In case they don't, Dortmund will keep him and then let him go next year without receiving a fee. Having Hummels around is more important for them than cashing in on him. I'm sure Hummels won't mind too much as well - of course, he asked for a move, but it's hard to imagine that he's genuinely pushing hard for a move.

@quickzyy: yea, that comment backfired, but at that time, Dortmund and Bayern were competing head-to-head. I'm sure Götze regrets his move as Guardiola let him rot on the bench more often than not throughout his tenure.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Deal done. Hummels just signed for Bayern.