Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How is a moderator allowed to say this?
Kayoko 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Germany 3 419

enter image description here

The comment speaks for itself. How come moderators are allowed to say this without getting banned just because they have extra " status " than normal users?

Calling others " kids " calling other teams " pathetic and little " and calling others fickle? This is clear taunting and trolling to an extent

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The comment speaks for itself. How come moderators are allowed to say this without getting banned just because they have extra " status " than normal users?

Calling others " kids " calling other teams " pathetic and little " and calling others fickle?

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yeah...that's not a great look is it

TheGame 6 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I meant every word I said in the heat of the moment. You need to look at the replies to my comment to get a full picture. Call it whatever you want, I don't troll. I avoided personally insulting any member, but rather responded to them as a group. I apologize for nothing, nor should you guys expect any apologies from moderators who are passionate about the game. Football did not start this season, unfortunately some people need to be reminded of that.

Kayoko 6 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 3 419

Okay but I've said much less than that in the past and I got banned so where's the equality in that?

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I mean, if my team conceded in the 90th minute against a rival like Chelsea, I'd be pissed. But there's no way Chelsea are in United's shadow atm and in the last few years Chelsea have been far better. 95% of football fans know that. That being said, it's harsh to say United were parking the bus, because I don't think they were, especially in the second half. I think Chelsea did deserve that because they did great to keep Lukaku, Pogba and Rashford out, and these guys are basically the first name on the team sheet nowadays.

Banning someone for that comment would be stupid IMO, because I don't actually see a rule that was broken. He didn't call anyone anything bad except 'kid'. And I think banning someone for saying kid is really stupid, especially considering this site allows swearing to a certain extent.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

It’s really not that bad. Moderators aren’t robots with no emotion

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Okay but I've said much less than that in the past and I got banned so where's the equality in that?

Basically this.

As moderators, you need to hold yourselves to a high or higher standard than others. I have seen people get banned for posting something like this, as it absolutely violates several official rules here. But a bigger concern of mine is that if users feel as though moderators are a "do as I say not as I do" breed, than they will find a different forum. This has happened here in the past, and I see no wish to see it again.

Essentially, if you want (arguably need) to be treated the way a figure of authority should be treated, maybe try acting like you deserve it? Because if you don't, people will see right through that, and engagement will go down.

TheGame 6 years ago Edited

No. I have a job here and that is to ensure people's experience on FootyRoom is in order with the policies set forth in this community. This includes removing negative comments and banning individuals who are clearly violating community rules, one of which is trolling. OP has been banned about a dozen times for clear infractions by other moderators. And I can assure you they were clear cut cases from my rudimentary look in his past.

@SunFlash, your level of grandstanding is frankly nauseating. My comment, as I said before, was not trolling. I don't hold anyone to a standard I could not live up to, hence why I did not ban the individual who called United fans "plastic" or "glory hunters". Other moderators might feel a bit differently about that and that is why there is a NECESSARY subjective nature to being a moderator. It feels as if we have this conversation once every 3 months on this forum.

• History

No. I have a job here and that is to ensure people's experience on FootyRoom is in order with the policies set forth in this community. This includes removing negative comments and banning individuals who are clearly violating community rules, one of which is trolling. OP has been banned about a dozen times for clear infractions by other moderators. And I can assure you they were clear cut cases.

@SunFlash, your level of grandstanding is frankly nauseating. My comment, as I said before, was not trolling. I don't hold anyone to a standard I could not live up to, hence why I did not ban the individual who called United fans "plastic" or "glory hunters". Other moderators might feel a bit differently about that and that is why there is a subjective AND necessary nature to being a moderator. It feels as if we have this conversation once every 3 months on this forum.

No. I have a job here and that is to ensure people's experience on FootyRoom is in order with the policies set forth in this community. This includes removing negative comments and banning individuals who are clearly violating community rules, one of which is trolling. OP has been banned about a dozen times for clear infractions by other moderators. And I can assure you they were clear cut cases.

@SunFlash, your level of grandstanding is frankly nauseating. My comment, as I said before, was not trolling. I don't hold anyone to a standard I could not live up to, hence why I did not ban the individual who called United fans "plastic" or "glory hunters". Other moderators might feel a bit differently about that and that is why there is a NECESSARY subjective nature to being a moderator. It feels as if we have this conversation once every 3 months on this forum.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@SunFlash, your level of grandstanding is frankly nauseating.

I'm sorry that me being mildly articulate is making you feel sick?

My comment, as I said before, was not trolling. I don't hold anyone to a standard I could not live up to, hence why I did not ban the individual who called United fans "plastic" or "glory hunters".

I agree, it wasn't trolling. It was still a violation of rule 2 imo, and you, as a moderator, should know better. It's your discretion if you want to ban someone violating that rule, but it hardly gives you cause to violate it yourself.

Other moderators might feel a bit differently about that and that is why there is a NECESSARY subjective nature to being a moderator.

Much like refereeing within the game, there's a subjective nature, but there are also rules by which to abide by. I do not believe that grey area grants you immunity from criticism.

It feels as if we have this conversation once every 3 months on this forum.

We do. Because with all due respect, the moderators we have on this forum, including yourself, warrant it. That's disappointing.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

strike 1

TheGame 6 years ago Edited

I. Stand. By. Every. Word. I. Wrote. My "attack" wasn't directed at any one individual in particular except Chelsea FC, their personnel and the reactions of a good portion of their fans. I am not going to waste my time explaining why I feel that way, because at this point it really doesn't matter.

And as I said before, which you clearly did not comprehend (most likely because of the weak debate strategy of dissecting every sentence I wrote rather than attacking the crux of my argument), I would not ban anyone whose written level of expression and syntax matched mine in that comment, simply because I don't consider it a direct verbal attack or trolling. You can criticize me all you want. I frankly do not care. But if you're looking for drama here trying to portray me as someone who abuses his moderator powers, look elsewhere. Or if you think you could do hell of a better job than the rest of us who respond to every one of your flagged comments and clean up the highlight sections on a daily basis without compensation, apply to be a moderator.

• History

I. Stand. By. Every. Word. I. Wrote. My "attack" wasn't directed at anyone in particular except Chelsea FC's personnel and the actions of a good portion of their fans. I am not going to waste my time explaining why I feel that way, because at this point it really doesn't matter.

And as I said before, which you clearly did not read, I would not ban anyone whose written level of expression and syntax matched mine in that comment. You can criticize me all you want. I frankly do not care. But if you're looking for drama here trying to portray me as someone who abuses his moderator powers, look elsewhere. Or if you think you could do hell of a better job than the rest of us who respond to every one of your flags and clean up the highlight sections on a daily basis without compensation, apply to be a moderator.

I. Stand. By. Every. Word. I. Wrote. My "attack" wasn't directed at anyone in particular except Chelsea FC's personnel and the actions of a good portion of their fans. I am not going to waste my time explaining why I feel that way, because at this point it really doesn't matter.

And as I said before, which you clearly did not read, I would not ban anyone whose written level of expression and syntax matched mine in that comment. You can criticize me all you want. I frankly do not care. But if you're looking for drama here trying to portray me as someone who abuses his moderator powers, look elsewhere. Or if you think you could do hell of a better job than the rest of us who respond to every one of your flagged comments and clean up the highlight sections on a daily basis without compensation, apply to be a moderator.

I. Stand. By. Every. Word. I. Wrote. My "attack" wasn't directed at any one individual in particular except Chelsea FC, their personnel and the reactions of a good portion of their fans. I am not going to waste my time explaining why I feel that way, because at this point it really doesn't matter.

And as I said before, which you clearly did not read, I would not ban anyone whose written level of expression and syntax matched mine in that comment. Because I don't consider it as a direct verbal attack or trolling. You can criticize me all you want. I frankly do not care. But if you're looking for drama here trying to portray me as someone who abuses his moderator powers, look elsewhere. Or if you think you could do hell of a better job than the rest of us who respond to every one of your flagged comments and clean up the highlight sections on a daily basis without compensation, apply to be a moderator.

And as I said before, which you clearly did not read, I would not ban anyone whose written level of expression and syntax matched mine in that comment, simply because I don't consider it a direct verbal attack or trolling. You can criticize me all you want. I frankly do not care. But if you're looking for drama here trying to portray me as someone who abuses his moderator powers, look elsewhere. Or if you think you could do hell of a better job than the rest of us who respond to every one of your flagged comments and clean up the highlight sections on a daily basis without compensation, apply to be a moderator.

And as I said before, which you clearly did not comprehend, I would not ban anyone whose written level of expression and syntax matched mine in that comment, simply because I don't consider it a direct verbal attack or trolling. You can criticize me all you want. I frankly do not care. But if you're looking for drama here trying to portray me as someone who abuses his moderator powers, look elsewhere. Or if you think you could do hell of a better job than the rest of us who respond to every one of your flagged comments and clean up the highlight sections on a daily basis without compensation, apply to be a moderator.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I mean, it's football. All of you would be lying if you didn't feel sometimes the same. While I agree that mods should calm down with their emotions and think twice, stop getting offended for everything..

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Funny to see Sun calling out to another United supporter considering what I sometime see him say on the livescore. :U

Jimbet 5 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

nah.. the comment looks ok to me.. that is what i call passion for your beloved team.. chill out guys.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

wow what a reply. I had the same incident with another Man Utd Moderator on this website, is it strictly Man Utd supporters to be mods here? and he says I won't apologize no wonder the admins are on his side maybe they are also man utd supporters. This is a website for everyone and a mod should learn to be neutral and follow the rules more than the actual members.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Ohh guys, relax. Btw, Kayoko is a big troll. And I often banned due to multiple warning, not for particular comment. Please look at his wall. He often goes back and troll and have digs at mods. Who work here for FREE to keep a clean community.

And what the heck, we are all big guys, FLAG it and other mods will deal with it, what's up with mod allow this allow that. I see a flag comment I check and take action.

In this case I might edit certain text and might ask the Game to calm down.

btw, I dont defend The Game here, but everything should be put in a context.

• History

Ohh guys, relax. Btw, Kayoko is a big troll. And I often banned due to multiple warning, not for particular comment. Please look at his wall. He often goes back and troll and have digs at mods. Who work here for FREE to keep a clean community.

I dont defend The Game here, but everything should be put in a context.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@SarriBall: WOW!!!!!!! I, am, speechless.

. I had the same incident with another Man Utd Moderator on this website, is it strictly Man Utd supporters to be mods here?

Now I will step up because this is LITERALLY me, and I appreciate that you did not mention my name. But however, it WAS NOT the same incident.

Beside it was a long elaborate discussion, I took time to explained the misunderstood and explain the rule for your removed comment. It was NOT Mourinho or MU or what ever the crap it is. It's because words like "Chelski, Crynaldo" and yours "Mourinhobus" or something are not welcomed, not in my book. I DO IT for every.single.member. I have banned or warned countless of members who wrote Chelski, Chelbus, Looserpool etc... *not only MU**

I dont give a single rat ass if that was for Man U. Ask SunFlash or anyone here how much I bashed my team. Please do us a favor and search for some of my post.

In the end, you are the one who asked me to delete the thread and admitted you had a fast typo.

So please, do not make the wrong impression or put fuel to the fire. I honestly feel regret spending those time to explain it to you.

• History

. I had the same incident with another Man Utd Moderator on this website, is it strictly Man Utd supporters to be mods here?

Now I will step up because this is LITERALLY me, and I appreciate that you did not mention my name. But however, it WAS NOT the same incident.

Beside it was a long elaborate discussion, I took time to explained the misunderstood and explain the rule for your removed comment. It was NOT Mourinho or MU or what ever the crap it is. It's because words like "Chelski, Crynaldo" and yours "Moubus" or something are not welcomed, not in my book. I DO IT for every.single.member.

I dont give a single rat ass if that was for Man U. Ask SunFlash or anyone here how much I bashed my team.

In the end, you are the one who ask me to delete the thread and admitted you typed it wrong.

So please, do not make the wrong impression or put fuel to the fire

Beside it was a long elaborate discussion, I took time to explained the misunderstood and explain the rule for your removed comment. It was NOT Mourinho or MU or what ever the crap it is. It's because words like "Chelski, Crynaldo" and yours "Moubus" or something are not welcomed, not in my book. I DO IT for every.single.member.

I dont give a single rat ass if that was for Man U. Ask SunFlash or anyone here how much I bashed my team.

In the end, you are the one who asked me to delete the thread and admitted you had a fast typo.

I dont give a single rat ass if that was for Man U. Ask SunFlash or anyone here how much I bashed my team. Please do us a favor and search for some of my post.

So please, do not make the wrong impression or put fuel to the fire. I honestly feel regret spending those time to explain it to you.

Beside it was a long elaborate discussion, I took time to explained the misunderstood and explain the rule for your removed comment. It was NOT Mourinho or MU or what ever the crap it is. It's because words like "Chelski, Crynaldo" and yours "Mourinhobus" or something are not welcomed, not in my book. I DO IT for every.single.member. I have banned or warned countless of members who wrote Chelski, Chelbus, Looserpool etc... not only MU

Kayoko 5 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 3 419

Lol how is a mod calling others trolls. My past is my past but when you suspect a comment of mine to be trolly when I don't intend to you just straight ban me which is retarded. By this logic you should at the bare minimum delete the comment moderator or not.

Talking about flagging comments I've flagged like 10 comments recently and guess what none of them have even been looked at.

_Gonzi_ 5 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

you guys need to take lessons from emobot, arguably the best mod. he tries to stay as neutral as possible and still sometimes lightly takes digs at some teams/players. TheGame was obviously slightly heated, which is understandable. For a moderator his comment is harsh. Mostly because he's directing his attack to certain users "ok kids" or "your fickle minds." [No personal attacks, that is what moderators always say] Whatever though, it happened once, if it continuously happens then that's a different story. If he/she wants to change it's up to them. If the person wants to keep this up then they should request to be removed as a moderator.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Things like this is why I stopped commenting all together.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo Yep, me as well. Make a joke about a player poor performance? People will say a mod shouldn't make that kind of comment? Take the side of a team over another? People will say moderator should be neutral.

@tuan Yeah, this is the only the second time he come to complain about moderator on the forum.

I get why people get annoyed by thegame comment but come on guys, try to be more understanding of the situation. We are human being who can get annoyed and frustrated like any others! In the heat of the moment, even the best mod might say thing that sound harsher than it should. If you seriously got a problem with it, you don't have to accuse mod of abusing their power, just flag their comment and the rest of the mod team will try to deal with the situation as best as possible.

Discussion Closed