Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Harry Kane is leaving Tottenham
FootballGuy 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 36 125

Harry Kane tells Tottenham he wants to leave

Spurs are now making enquiries about replacement centre-forwards, in the first indication that the club are willing to consider the feelings of their 27-year-old talisman.

They do not want to sell their prized asset, but Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been in touch with Kane's representatives CK66 expressing a desire to sign the England international.

Kane's preference is to remain in the Premier League and he wants to have his future resolved before turning out for England at this summer's European Championships in June.

Kane has made no secret in recent interviews that he wants to compete for Europe's top team trophies, having found them out of his grasp at both White Hart Lane and the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

It is understood that Tottenham even persuaded Kane to delay plans that he harboured to leave last summer, after Jose Mourinho had replaced Mauricio Pochettino earlier in the 2019-20 season.

Spurs hoped their first full season under Mourinho would be a successful one, and they were top of the Premier League in December, but amid a Kane injury their form disintegrated and they are set to miss out on Champions League football again with a finish outside this year's top four.

A Tottenham spokesperson told Sky Sports: "We have a season to finish and we want to finish it as strongly as possible.

"That's all we are focused on."

Comments
_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

They’re going to milk out every penny possible from buying club

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Tottenham remind me of Arsenal. Their owners are actually not that different in mindset. They pretend to care but they are only after making money. They want their managers to turn sh8t into world class team every season. It pays very well to play in EPL now days, so I don't believe that they are lacking funds to get proper reinforcements.

They were merciless with Pochetinho after one bad season, then chopped Mourinho barely giving him any tools and time.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

Don't ruin Kane by sending him Tottenham 2.0 aka Arsenal. IT IS SAME SH*T, different kit!

I would totally welcome Kane going to top club like Real or join City, United and i Guess if we can afford then Chelsea. We have just got rid of Tammy, so there is a space.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

They were merciless with Pochetinho after one bad season, then chopped Mourinho barely giving him any tools and time.

Guessin thats Tottenham trying to be more like Chelsea after trying to keep Poch for so long. A bit similar to what Arsenal did with Emery after Wenger (though Arsenal are still way more lenient).

Its the balance of thing (or lack of it) is what really weird though, you go from a long term manager to firing another one before he could complete a season.

As for Kane to Chelsea, I wouldn't be completely against it (still doubtful) but obviously, he need to start every game when fit so some player would have to go, like Giroud for example. I would migrate Werner on the wing (rotation him with other players who play there) and keep Tammy as back up for case injury happen.

Anyway, good talking to you Marcus, haven't seen you for a while on the forum. :D

@Pelle Why wouldn't they though? Kane their best player and he got a long running contract, they got every card to bargain a great price for him. The fact Kane would rather leave sadly isn't an element that can lower the price.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Guessin thats Tottenham trying to be more like Chelsea after trying to keep Poch for so long. A bit similar to what Arsenal did with Emery after Wenger (though Arsenal are still way more lenient).

Its the balance of thing (or lack of it) is what really weird though, you go from a long term manager to firing another one before he could complete a season.

As for Kane to Chelsea, I wouldn't be completely against it (still doubtful) but obviously, he need to start every game when fit so some player would have to go, like Giroud for example. I would migrate Werner on the wing (rotation him with other players who play there) and keep Tammy as back up for case injury happen.

Anyway, good talking to you Marcus, haven't seen you for a while on the forum. :D

@Pelle Why wouldn't they though? Kane their best player and he got a long running contract, they got every card to bargain a great price for him. The fact Kane would rather leave sadly isn't an element that can drop the price.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

@emo

Chelsea provides more resources to their managers than Tottenham. At times it is justified. Mourinho being fired in third year was unjustified because team has let him down. Same team won league next year.

Pochitnho has been asking for resources, but was given trees that he needed to turn into football players and same was done to Mourinho.

I have been busy and this covid year hasn't been making it easy. Nice talking as well!

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Well I did say they tried. Can't say they suceeded. XD But yeah, I still think Mourinho been kinda unlucky recently if only in term of never really getting what he was asked in terms of players since leaving Chelsea.