Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Harry Kane is leaving Tottenham
FootballGuy 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 36 125

Harry Kane tells Tottenham he wants to leave

Spurs are now making enquiries about replacement centre-forwards, in the first indication that the club are willing to consider the feelings of their 27-year-old talisman.

They do not want to sell their prized asset, but Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been in touch with Kane's representatives CK66 expressing a desire to sign the England international.

Kane's preference is to remain in the Premier League and he wants to have his future resolved before turning out for England at this summer's European Championships in June.

Kane has made no secret in recent interviews that he wants to compete for Europe's top team trophies, having found them out of his grasp at both White Hart Lane and the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

It is understood that Tottenham even persuaded Kane to delay plans that he harboured to leave last summer, after Jose Mourinho had replaced Mauricio Pochettino earlier in the 2019-20 season.

Spurs hoped their first full season under Mourinho would be a successful one, and they were top of the Premier League in December, but amid a Kane injury their form disintegrated and they are set to miss out on Champions League football again with a finish outside this year's top four.

A Tottenham spokesperson told Sky Sports: "We have a season to finish and we want to finish it as strongly as possible.

"That's all we are focused on."

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

Its understantable, I mean, he give it all he got with Pochetino, he tried with Mou after that and it gave him nothing... at 27, he got to considerate his option if he want to go out with some trophy to his name. It suck but it doesn't look like it'll happen with Spurs. It will be tough for him to go because of Levy no doubt but if he does, I hope the fan aren't too hard on him.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I am not a huge Kane fan, but I will say, I hope he and Son both leave for better chances to win titles. He has done everything he could to help the team and while I feel Son is more valuable, he sure held up his side of things as a player.

For the fans, haters will hate, but this is an easy one to give a pass on in my book.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

They deserve what they got for think they could win anything with bottleham. Shame on them for staying

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@Footy_watch Please refrain from calling team with mocking name, thats actually against our user rule.

@DarthFooty I agree, feedback from fan regarding that rumours been mostly positive, I think they understand Kane deserve to have his wish after everything he done for the team.

Greatone 3 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

I hate the timing on this, poor guy is in a buyer's market, his only real viable option is man city and even then if Man city wants to splurge some cash they will also be looking at players like halaand and mbappe and know that if they get Kane now they most likely wont be able to get them next year.
It's not the year to be an expensive striker looking for a transfer

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

United or Chelsea would be possible destinations imo...

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea splashing another 120 million for a striker after splashing 250 million last summer? I don't think so. Hate the fact he will probably go to City, seriously I wish he would leave to another league.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I dont see Chelsea doing just cash for Kane, too pricey. If they did push for him, it would have players+some cash to round out the deal.

If it was just cash, they would look at Haaland, but does not mean Werner is out?

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

@DarthFooty If Chelsea goes for a player of the quality of Kane or Haaland, Werner 100% is either out or put permanently on the wing. Personally I really doubt it though, then even bothered bringing Tuchel to help him and Havertz gain confidence so its obvious their still betting on him. Really doubt Chelsea will move for Kane. I expect they will give another season to judge Werner performance as this season was obviously a very special one. More complete preparation should help him a lots obviously but we'll see.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@DarthFooty If Chelsea goes for a player of the quality of Kane or Haaland, one 100% is either out or put permanently on the wing. Personally I really doubt it though, then even bothered bringing Tuchel to help him and Havertz gain confidence so its obvious their still putting their gambling on him. Really doubt Chelsea will move for Kane.

@DarthFooty If Chelsea goes for a player of the quality of Kane or Haaland, Werner 100% is either out or put permanently on the wing. Personally I really doubt it though, then even bothered bringing Tuchel to help him and Havertz gain confidence so its obvious their still putting their gambling on him. Really doubt Chelsea will move for Kane.

tiki_taka 3 years ago

Pep will never take him, he was happy to offload aguero. he doesnt want a true nine the way he plays. Madrid wont take another english player im sure, Bale and Hazard didnt adapted to the leauge style or the pressure and they end up often injured.

He worths a lot in marketing he will stay in England, and these two clubs could go for him... City is a complete squad they need youngsters.

why not player plus money, or offload the German strikers for midtable clubs and go for Kane for chelsea...

Spain, Italy and Germany arent interested, he has few possible destinations, i see only two question is that if these clubs are able to make space for him...

I see him at United they need to be more consistent to reach Liverpool/City level, reds are comming back next year im sure of that.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

A bit of complicated case to be fair, United the best fit for Kane right now but if this ever turn into a buying wars, they are the worse off to get him, Chelsea bet on Werner already and invest a lot to boost his chance to success so its a case of choosing between keeping that up or making a complete 180 and finally, City don't really need Kane tbh but they are the most likely to have the ressource and they also might want to replace Aguero.

Where Kane end up might depend on CL final results, if City win it, they might not bother with trying to sign but if they lose, they might decide to go all out in term of reinforcement.

tiki_taka 3 years ago Edited

Aguero didnt left, he was forced to leave. It was done beatifully but it was time for him, Pep gave him 0 chance to comeback in the squad.

They can buy him but they wont, and if i was Roman as you said emo i will do the 180, i respect Werner but Kane is on another level and will get feeded properly in chelsea.

two teams of top tier need to level up to get to +85pts season, an amount they never reached for years, they win one or two direct confrontations but the league is about points and they arent champions material, they need something more because both clubs shown good things this season.

I dont talk about Arsenal because its not an option, son of Spurs cant betray and play for the rival and they got no CL to play so...

I see him wearing blues, staying home with his family in London and switching colors... mercato is about opportunity, Chelsea has the best cards and he is potentially future England captain, and the ultimate striker for 3 lions...

the most credible scenario for me is that Giroud will leave, Werner will rotate a little until he decides to leave and Kane will take his place in the XI. Why would Abramovic miss the chance ? Money ? having the captain of england or the 3 lions star is good for sponsorship, marketing, tickets, and if Kane do wonders in NT all kids will support Chelsea... on the field chelsea will have the finisher they lacked to get point vs midtable clubs...

wait and see, Roman is a great buisnesman, i dont think he will think a lot about this...

• History

Aguero didnt left, he was forced to leave. It was done beatifully but it was time for him, Pep gave him 0 chance to comeback in the squad.

They can buy him but they wont, and if i was Roman as you said emo i will do the 180, i respect Werner but Kane is on another level and will get feeded properly in chelsea.

two teams of top tier need to level up to get to +85pts season, an amount they never reached for years, they win one or two direct confrontations but the league is about points and they arent champions material, they need something more because both clubs shown good things this season.

I dont talk about Arsenal because its not an option, son of Spurs cant betray and play for the rival and they got no CL to play so...

I see him wearing blues, staying home with his family in London and switching colors... mercato is about opportunity, Chelsea has the best cards and he is potentially future England captain, and the ultimate striker for 3 lions...

the most credible scenario for me is that Giroud will leave, Werner will rotate a little until he decides to leave and Kane will take his place in the XI. Why would Abramovic miss the chance ? Money ? having the captain of england or the 3 lions star is good for sponsorship, marketing, tickets, and if Kane do wonders in NT all kids will support Chelsea... on the field chelsea will have the finisher they lacked to get point vs midtable clubs...

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Greatone 3 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

He's already said he wanted to stay in england as well.

I don't realistically think man utd are an option unless they feel like spending money for the sake of it. They just signed cavani to a new deal and solskjaer would ruin his dynamic of placing faith on his youngsters if they got this mega deal done for harry.

Man city is still an option because as much as guardiola doesnt want a outright 9, I reckon he wouldn't mind trying to do what he's done to the rest of the man city squad and showing them what he wants from them, kane is good enough to adapt and everyone has seen him when he drops down to receive the ball, he can do the playmaking role as well.

Chelsea like everyone else has said just spent massively just last year, but if they want him, they can go for him, look at what they did with kepa, who's to say they don't just cut their losses with werner ?

Liverpool could be an option as well, but I guess they aren't so big on mega deals, who knows, but it would mean firmino would be done as starter

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He was constantly injured and they needed someone who will take his boots, and I say this with absolute respect as he is my absolute favourite player ever since Atletico days, is he a PL legend? For me yes.

I would hate to see him in our jersey, but he would make any team in England much better + getting the FA golden boy treatment. Also don't forget this.enter image description here

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

Man city is still an option because as much as guardiola doesnt want a outright 9, I reckon he wouldn't mind trying to do what he's done to the rest of the man city squad and showing them what he wants from them, kane is good enough to adapt and everyone has seen him when he drops down to receive the ball, he can do the playmaking role as well.

This, Kane got 14 assist this season? He clearly capable of great vision and helping creating the games. Don't see why some people only see him as a straight up striker. I mean, sure, thats his role first and foremost, but clearly, he has more potential to adapt to other roles than Aguero had.

@quikzyyy Sadly, considering all his other option, Arsenal really feel like the least reasonable choice. Sorry to say it like that.

• History

This, Kane got 14 assist this season? He clearly capable of great vision and helping creating the games. Don't see why some people only see him as a straight up striker. I mean, sure, thats his role first and foremost, but clearly, he has more potential to adapt to other roles than Aguero had.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He would definitely transform us, no doubt about that, as a striker he is top class. But I'm glad he won't be in our kit, it would feel disgusting.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Lol, fair enough, beside, I doubt it would be good for the fans rivalry and for his reputation.

Arsenal fans propably generally wouldn't want him and the Spurs fans would be cross with him if he left them for a rival that aren't even doing that much better than them.

On the field, it would be good but outside of it, it would be one of pain, suffering and of frustration. XD

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

I dont understand how he could betray the team he supported. He shouldve tried to move to Arsenal as soon as he proved himself in the first team of Tottenham. Chelsea would be strong challengers for the league if they get kane

• History

I dont understand how he could betray the team he supported. He shouldve tried to move to Arsenal as soon as he proved himself in the first team of Tottenham.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@Footy_watch Sadly its obviously not as simple as that, many players don't play for the team they loved as child or they don't for all of their career, those that does are a blessed minority.

As for the case of Kane in particular, it was already too late for him once he proved himself at Spurs, cause the board once they saw his perfomance would alway gonna be bargaining very highly his price, especially to a rival and I'm sure that even if Arsenal would have tried, the pricetag set by Spurs would have make them give up quickly. Spurs might not wins a lot of trophy but they certainly don't sell their key assets cheaply and that even if the player is unhappy and ask for a transfer.