Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Haaland to Manchester City
_Pelle_ 2 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

So what’s your thoughts? Have Man City already won 22-23 season?

www.bbc.com/sport/football/60819647.amp

What do you think of this signing?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So what’s your thoughts? Have Man City already won 22-23 season?

What do you think of this signing?

Comments
Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

What a steal, city are getting him for at least half of his true value.
They have finally completed their team, I expect them to easily win the league and finally win the champions league. I'll have to be a loanee City supporter now.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

What a steal, city are getting him for at least half of his true value.

85 million for transfer + 400k/week salary, I wouldn't exactly call that a steal with that kind of salary.

This_site_is_a_jk 2 years ago
Manchester United, Spain 0 18

We already know FFP is a joke when you have lawyers to bribe Uefa, Fa and FIFA. Welcome to one of the most corrupt leagues in the world.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy I thought it was actually closer to 60 million in reality? Also, people were saying the salary was gonna be miles ahead of the rest of the team which could have caused problem among players. 400k/week is a lot, don't get me wrong but its what De Bruyne is winning. Considering the initial report, this is actually pretty good for City.

At the very least, its a much better deal than the Grealish transfer.

The only way this could be a bad transfer is if the fear over Haaland being injury prone prove to be real and that he fail to consistently stay healthy for long period of time.

But even in this case, City has gotten an Aguero replacement at the very least at a pretty reasonable fee considering the amount of money they normaly spend.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Emo you’re right the release clause is 60 million but with signing bonus and agent fees it’s now reported to be close to 100 million € (85 mil gbp)

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

If Haaland develops like Mbappe 2.0, then City will be even better then they already are.

That said, if any of you here are old enough to remember Pato, the injuries give me flashbacks. That's the only thing I could see him struggling with at City. He's a bit more of a counter-attack forward, but I'm sure he can learn Pep's system. I wouldn't expect him to bang in a ton in his first season, but he should be a stalwart moving forward.

Algerino 2 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Its a good addition. They don’t have a striker.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Quikzyyy Didn't know that, thanks for setting me right. I guess it is a relatively high transfer, not free at all, still, seeing some amount being thrown before, 85 mil for one of the best talent in europe right now doesn't seem too bad.

@Algerino Well yeah, but lets be honest, Haaland isn't any striker, he is one of the world hottest prospect at that position. It could potentially be a more than just a good addition is what I mean.

Footy_watch 2 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Haaland is at least the 2nd best prospect and people are voting OK and horrible?

• History

Haaland is at least the 2nd best prospect and people are voting OK and horrible? The envy is strong in this one

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Footy_watch Pretty sure a bunch of does who say horrible mean it in how it make City that much better and how its propably to make the Prem even less competitive going foward.

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

@Emobot7 true, good point

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Haaland with City is not a sure thing. His talent is unquestionable, but will he really fit with Peps system, their style of play, and adapt well to the EPL? Also, can he stay healthy?

I see this move making City more dynamic, allowing them to change styles when needed, and really open up their wingers due to Haaland being the point person. If he can match the precision and flow of their scheme now, he is going to have a field day with teams.

They now have an out-and-out striker with breakaway speed and has a huge presence in the box. Mix in any tech skills for the intricate movement and touch City plays with and he will round out not only City's game, but his own as well.

I think I am more intrigued with the possible move for De Jong with City, now that Haaland is confirmed.

Algerino 2 years ago Edited
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

I was thinking that too. Theres always the question of the fit. But he is worldclass so he will probably be a hit for them.

• History

I was thinking that too. Theres always the question of the fit.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty His health is my biggest worry, he had injury problem in Dortmund toward end of his spell there, can he stay in better form in the extremely physical PL? Honestly, I think it might depend on City physios but we will see.

As for De Jong, I don't think they can get him, Barca will sell him extremely high as he is one of the key player they seem to be counting on for the future. Beside, they got Rodri who definetly one of the best DM right now. I'd rather they take a less proven player to play in rotation instead of trying to make 2 big names coexist in the midfield.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

the thing is, City can throw 1000 million at him and won't even notice it, they can pay him 1 million a week, he can flop and next summer they gonna buy next rising superstar for 200 million and pay him double. Ruins any competition in football, they can win 10 PL titles in a row and still no one will care about their success.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Kinda disagree here, I mean, of course money is gonna give massive boost to success but thats not enough, how many time we seen club coming with good intention and spending money left and right only for the project to fail miserably and have the team being relegated?

Ok, City case is a bit different cause the amount of money they is way above those other teams I'm talking about but you get me, City got both nearly unlimited budget + smarter business than other top teams.

Though it will be interesting to see how they do when Newcastle owner get enough time to invest money into the club, what it will mean in the long term.

Anyway, long story short, I personally still think we're gonna see some upset at time in the future, team like Liverpool already did it and other team in the past who were in City position fell down and never managed to get up the same way they once did. Pretty sure we'll still see competition in the Premier League in some form or another.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

@quikzyyy

they can win 10 PL titles in a row and still no one will care about their success.

I am willing to bet many people will care, just not rival clubs. People love winning, and sure there are a lot of pure sports where they only want their team to win, but history loves champions, no matter how they get to be so.

If City ran off with ten titles in a row, I promise you, that will play a huge role in history. Just look at the Treble for Man Utd.... Still regarded as one of the greatest achievements in football. Arsenals invincibles are another one.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, look at PSG, does someone care about their ligue 1 titles?

_Pelle_ 2 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

🙄

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Ligue 1 is of a much lower standard than the premier league. City winning it for 10 seasons would me a major deal.