Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Greatest comebacks
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

What is your favorite and greatest comeback in football? The one you feel emotionally attached to or perhaps left you very entertained.

To me greatest comeback in history was Wayne Rooney growing his hair back.. i thought everything was lost and it was impossible but he proved me and everyone else wrong.

on serious note here is mine:

and ofcourse entire 2012 CL campaign was all about comebacks and doing impossible

Comments
bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

chelsea 4-1 napoli.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Propably not as meaningful as you guys but I remember enjoying the 2-1 victory of Cameroon over Egypt in the AFCON 2017 final. Considering all the hype around Egypt back then, because of their solid defense and of Salah, it seemed like an huge victory for Cameroon.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Arsenal games:

Reading 5 7 Arsenal
Arsenal 3 2 Hull
Arsenal 4 4 Newcastle (although we 'lost' this one)
Arsenal 3 3 Anderlecht (again)
Arsenal 2 1 Barcelona

Football fan

Sweden 4 2 England
Barcelona 6 5 PSG
Germany 4 4 Sweden
Chelsea 3 3 United
Roma 3 0 Barcelona

These were the first to come to my mind, plenty others will be here too.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@amir

I am sure out of that amazing list one stands or two stand out for you.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@bluezz

You know I wanted to say Napoli 4-1 was amazing comeback because i literally yelled through out the match. I just felt like overcoming prime Barcelona was even bigger shock to me. I remember it clearly because in 2009 I was sitting in the crowd of Barcelona fans when we lost and they were cheering as well as mocking. Then in 2012 they were doing samething when score was 2-0 and we were 10 men. I genuinely was about close my tab and leave, but then Ramires scored giving lifeline and faces of Majority full Barcelona fans changed so quickly. Like we had only 4-5 Chelsea fans in that bar. So it was incredibly pleasant experience to see their salty faces.

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@marcus tbf we had some crazy comebacks, i didnt put the psg one as we lost that season.. really thought we would finally win one with mourinho. the napoli one will always be special to me just because i was in a camp and the day before the match i was so confident we were going through telling all my friends we would win 2-0 with drogba and terry scoring and then we went through and the rest is history :) watching chelsea nowadays actually hurts me man, its like we lost our identity, even last season.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal 2 1 Barcelona

cries in corner

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Napoli, PSG, Barca

These comebacks really are the moments every fan lives for, but they come around so infrequently. I hope United fans had a blast with that win over PSG a couple weeks back.

Patiently waiting for the next one 😉

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@bluez

Our preparation against Atletico was a let down because of tight schedule and Liverpool in between. On top Chech was injured and the big rat Courtois played for his life against us! Made some crucial saves that raccoon! UEFA bend their rules somehow to allow the bastard play against us. So yeah I was also hoping to reach final and then Mou rarely ever looses one anyway. cL would have been in the bag.

Yes, Chelsea doesn’t have that win or nothing mentality anymore. These kids get out tossing the coin and hoping opposition will make mistakes instead of forcing and submitting them into mistakes through sheer resilience and persistence to win.
@quikzy

I watched that match actually and then I watched second match. I was more pissed than Arsenal fans hahaha I felt referees really faked them over there.

amir_keal 5 years ago

I'm going with Arsenal 3 2 Hull then! Honestly when we went 2 0 down I was crying about how we bottled another final. I never thought we could do it, but we did.

bluezz 5 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

hahaha @amir i remember watching that game i was so pissed at hull lmao wanted that streak to continue
@marcus yep its so painful to watch that. previously it was banter era, which was fine but now its just depressing

amir_keal 5 years ago

Lol too bad for you :)

Madridista11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

In this order:

1) Real V Atletico 2014 UCL Final
2) Real V City 2012 UCL GS
3) Real V Wolfsburg 2016 UCL RD16
4) Real V Villarreal 2017 La Liga

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@tuan

Did you actually watched it?

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Unpopular ones :
Barça - Chelsea 5-2
Barça - Valencia 3-2 ( Rivaldo )
Deportivo - Ac Milan 4-0 (1-4 at San siro)

Last minute ones :
Barça - PSG of course
Chelsea - Barca Iniesta
Bayern - United 1-2

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Aguero and Deeney, you know what I’m talking about :)

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

One of football's most beautiful stories took place in Greece last year with AEK.

Coming 2 leagues below since Olympiakos rigged every possible game and made every income his own, AEK came up in 2 years and fought the giants of corruption face to face, 2 goals down then the amazing happened. Something from 1-2 decades ago when it was all about the emblem at your jersey. They came back with the most amazing equalizer that could happened.

Some months later they won the league despite fighting against PAOK with heavy favoritism from the refs and also fighting at Europe against Dynamo Kiev that they apparently lost despite dominating both matches to 1 away goal. They made the biggest undefeated run by a Greek team 14 games home and away and lost the CUP to PAOK due to player problems with contracts since AEK played half their B team in a CUP final.

Now AEK is building their own stadium which is a small fortress with the stands beeing only 3.6 meters away from the pitch you can imagine how tough the home games will be for any team against them, considering this year and some years ago their ultras beat the shit out of Milan fans and Ajax that wanted to chant at their city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG--RJIaCeg

Reason I am sharing this, is that it's one of the most beautiful stories in football that is not mentioned at all just because it happened in Greece.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

That Barca-PSG one is hard to top. Real-Schalke is another good one. My personal favorite from United is United-Spurs from back in the Fergie days, although more recently the United-Newcastle one is difficult to forget because the club was at such a low point.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@jose

I totally forgot that Marko Marin still exists as a player.. holly molly! That guy was once considered as one of the best young talents.. well life didn't turnout so well for him. Maybe move to Chelsea was a bad idea but he did have a ok spell at Sevilla then it just all went down the drain..

Doesn't Greek League has corruptions scandals often?