Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Gareth Bale Chelsea shirts go on sale in Brazil.
AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

**Gareth Bale may have been the subject of a lot of transfer talk in the last few months but one Brazilian online store has decided he has already joined Chelsea.

The Real Madrid ace’s name has appeared on the Chelsea section on the website of Ali Express on the back of the famous blue shirt wearing the number nine.

The shirt is on sale sporting Chelsea’s new sponsor Yokohama and Bale’s name appears alongside the likes of Eden Hazard, Diego Costa and Didier Drogba.

Comments
bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

i honestly feel bad for bale for how the madrid fans are treating him and i wouldnt want him.. too expensive

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

You guys just bought Cuadrado FFS!

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Tuanis: Exactly, look at this top performance. 10/10.

On a serious note, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't fancy Gareth Bale. I prefer players who can dribble and easily pass opponents with body feints like Hazard. Gareth Bale relies on pace, if he doesn't have enough space, he won't thrive. In the Premier League, most of Chelsea's opposing teams play with a low block and have 8 or 9 players behind the ball, therefore we need players that have close ball control and are comfortable dribblers, which Gareth Bale is not. Obviously, he's already played in the BPL, but Tottenham's opponents didn't play that defensive against them, which allowed Bale to make a huge impact. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but I simply think he's not suited for our team.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Juan Thats more like 6/10, Cuadrado is far from his real level, he looks shy and not confident yet, once he gets his marks, you can expect better things in the future...

If you give him 10/10 against Stoke, how much you would give him next year when he will get used to the league and teammates and won his starting place with the extra confidence touch that makes him zig zag in defenses...

15/10 lol.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tiki: lol, that was obviously sarcasm, his performance against Stoke was absolutely disgraceful and not even worthy of the 6/10 rating you gave him. In the 30 minutes he played, I haven't seen a single good thing from him, which is pretty embarrassing considering his price tag. I know that he needs more time to adapt, but c'mon, I'd expect at least one successful dribbling from a player who was widely considered as one of the best players in Serie A before his move to Chelsea.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki: lol, that was obviously sarcasm, his performance against Stoke was absolutely disgraceful and not even worthy of the 6/10 rating you gave him. In the 30 minutes he played, I haven't seen a single good thing from him, which is pretty embarrassing considering his price tag.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Juan is right, probably everyone is so far disappointed with his performances.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Lol some people can hardly spot sarcasm .

Bendtner is also fantastic for Denmark . He literally scores whenever he wants . )) However, in domestic league he is a different kind of player . Player who kicks his other leg trying to make a pass .

@juan Completely agree . That performance was completely shameful, he was pushed around like a kid . Could not hold on to a ball and not to mention his passes who mostly got intercepted easily .

WTF did Jose bought .... this might be his worst transfer ever .... I will never let Willian leave if Cuadrado is his replacement or back up . I hope I will be wrong next season because I don't see him improving this season .

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

@juan

I disagree . Gareth Bale will fit perfectly into our team . Exactly what we need , powerful man with a fast pace to counter punch and scoring ability . He can pull a shot whenever he wants , unselfish and unpredictable player is what makes him great signing for our team . He was left back before so he has box to box defensive and attacking abilities that will suit to our style of football . I saw him play against deep sitting oppositions , he deals with it just fine . He can stretch opposition on move inside behind the defense just as easily . He will give variety that Willian fails to do .

However, not for 75 million though ... I rather see Pogba come .

• History

@juan

I disagree . Gareth Bale will fit perfectly into our team . Exactly what we need , powerful man with a fast pace to counter punch and scoring ability . He can pull a shot whenever he wants , unselfish and unpredictable player is what makes him great signing for our team . He was left back before so he has box to box defensive and attacking abilities that will suit to our style of football . I saw him play against deep sitting oppositions , he deals with it just fine . He can stretch opposition on move inside behind the defense just as easily . He will give variety that Willian fails to do .

tiki_taka 9 years ago

I was trying to be a little nice by giving a 6/10, well Cuadrado isnt Mourinho style of playersi was surprised to see Chelsea bid for him, he needs freedom to express his talent...
Same case for Felipe Luis, why on earth signing players of that kind to make them play that way.

Bale could play in any team in England, he has progressed drastically at Madrid 2 year there is equivalent to 5 in PL.
But again '' Sweet dreams are made of these '' just forget about Bale at any price.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Filipe Luis gives us solid variety . We needed attacking mind left back and that is only thing that Azpi lacks a bit .

What are you madrid fan ? See you again tricky way provoking off topic conversation . It is not EPL club who splashed 94 million euro for him . He was rated half of that price in EPL . Ofcourse for Madrid that's pocket change .

If he stayed in EPL or joined other EPL top club he would have been bigger star , possibly challenging Dor and would not be Ronaldo's whipping boy .

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

cuadrado doesnt have the physicality to play in the epl and it was the same with salah... i really want him to do well but his performances are really poor

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Lol Real is a war machine, they probably already earned the money they spent on him, could have doubled his price if they wanted, and they sold Ozil-Di Maria for 130M, so thats just how is the market...

If he stayed in PL : Bigger star, overhyped, worse player than he actually is, probably never won CL...
Thats just show the gap level difference, better be a colonel of a big army than the general of a small one, big players need ambition and challenge, maybe he wanted to challenge himself to the next level.

Playing with Ronaldo and Messi is an honour, a source of motivation and the best way to become a bigger player, they both wont stay for eternity and Neymar-Bale are still youngsters who are still learning, their time will come...

• History

Bigger star, overhyped, worse player than he actually is, probably never won CL...

Bigger star, overhyped, worse player than he actually is, probably never won CL...
Thats just show the gap level difference, better be a colonel of a big army than the general of a small one, big players need ambition and challenge, maybe he wanted to challenge himself to the next level.

Playing with Ronaldo and Messi is an honour, a source of motivation and the best way to become a bigger player, they both wont stay for eternity and Neymar-Bale are still youngsters who are still learning, their time will come...

Lol Real is a war machine, they probably already earned the money they spent on him, could have doubled his price if they wanted, and they sold Ozil-Di Maria for 130M, so thats just how is the market...

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@tiki dude you need to chill the f out, again you are trying to start a fight, nobody was talking about la liga vs bpl

You sound like you own la liga lol and la liga has 1 or 2 good years and you say stuff like " at madrid 2year there is equivalent to 5 in pl." Hahah that was the funniest thing i have ever read, that logic lol.
Thats why madrid and barca pay big money for premier league players but bpl teams buy best la liga players cheap.

I only say my point dont get too sensitive for no reason...Is something not true from what i' ve said ?

Off topic ? Except Cuadrado case brought by a Chelsea fan, everything is on topic...

• History

I only say my point dont get too sensitive for no reason...Is something not true from what i' ve said ?

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I'd say Bale would fit perfectly into the Chelsea squad but doubt that Real would let him go for any less than they bought him for. Any ways, the 'real madrid fans' don't seem to appreciate him enough. I don't have an opinion about Cuadrado just yet. Some players just need more time to adapt. I tell you what though.. the first game I watched him play I was impressed with his quickness and ball control. Can't say that I am anymore..but hopefully I will be again.

Also, obviously the BPL can't compete with La Liga. The competitiveness there is just beyond anything else. I mean the last 9-1 game could just as well have ended 1-1 and Bale should be super happy that he's even allowed to play football on the same earth as Messi and Ronaldo. Or at least if you support Barca and Real.

• History

I'd say Bale would fit perfectly into the Chelsea squad but doubt that Real would let him go for any less than they bought him for. Any ways, the 'real madrid fans' don't seem to appreciate him enough. I donät have an opinion about Cuadfrado yet. Some players just need more time to adapt. I tell you what though.. the first game I watched him play I was impressed with his quickness and ball control. Can't say that I am anymore..but hopefully I will be again.

Also, obviously the BPL can't compete with La Liga. The competitiveness there is just beyond anything else. I mean the last 9-1 game could just as well have ended 1-1 and Bale should be super happy that he's even allowed to play football on the same earth as Messi and Ronaldo. Or at least if you support Barca and Real.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

Yo mate the only reason why those Ozil and Di maria came out in profit was because Jose bought them smart and developed them ( kind of magic he is doing at Chelsea now ) . Not Perez being a smart businessman or madrid scouts as smart scouts . So no need to brag about those two deals scratching off all the bad sales that happened over at least past 10 decades . Fact is Madrid loves to shop in EPl and splash big everytime they did and do just like barca loves to shop here too . Ofcourse you like to select cherry pick info to back your arguments . Nothing wrong with this just facts and business . Supply and demand .

You certainly have a arrogant voice since EPL clubs left CL and use it constantly to back your nonsense . Calma cabron . Sh8t happens in knockout competition . Watch out samething may happen to your club .

If he stayed in PL : Bigger star, overhyped, worse player than he actually is, probably never won CL.

Incredibly bias . If he stayed in EPL for another season he would have joined some other big EPL club or even if he stayed , then he would have been much better player overall and would have gone for way more than 90 million .
Remember it took him one good season to convince Perez to splash money .

In fact Bale was not even best player in EPL that season, it was Suarez , but he bit Ivanovic (also I think racism and diving played against him ) and did not get best player . We can give Perez credit for buying him before his price tag went up even more . ( It was not Ancelotti buy that I am sure of ) .

You must be very bipolar or you are once again trolling , because I remember you bashing Bale . Nothing new from you . Playing along side Ronaldo maybe was his dream and he accomplished and won Madrid CL with his goals , now I am sure he is not so thrilled playing along side him . Main reason is for Bale playing for the fans that are kicking his door, booe him on the stadium , club's paper bashing him weekly when things are not going well blaming Bale instead of Ronaldo or team or Casillas who is still awful since day one ( all this are not one time thing this season ) .

Learning what ?

At those respective ages Messi and Ronaldo were stars of their teams . Teams were build around them and they were challenging for Ballon Dor .

• History

Yo mate the only reason why those Ozil and Di maria came out in profit was because Jose bought them smart and developed them ( kind of magic he is doing at Chelsea now ) . Not Perez being a smart businessman or madrid scouts as smart scouts . So no need to brag about those two deals scratching off all the bad sales that happened over at least past 10 decades . Fact is Madrid loves to shop in EPl and splash big everytime they did and do just like barca loves to shop here too . Ofcourse you like to select cherry pick info to back your arguments . Nothing wrong with this just facts and business . Supply and demand .

You certainly have a arrogant voice since EPL clubs left CL and use it constantly to back your nonsense . Calma cabron . Sh8t happens in knockout competition . Watch out samething may happen to your club .

If he stayed in PL : Bigger star, overhyped, worse player than he actually is, probably never won CL.

Incredibly bias . If he stayed in EPL for another season he would have joined some other big EPL club or even if he stayed , then he would have been much better player overall and would have gone for way more than 90 million .

In fact Bale was not even best player in EPL that season, it was Suarez , but he bit Ivanovic (also I think racism and diving played against him ) and did not get best player . We can give Perez credit for buying him before it happened . ( It was not Ancelotti buy that I am sure of ) .

You must be very bipolar or you are once again trolling , because I remember you bashing Bale . Nothing new from you . Playing along side Ronaldo maybe was his dream and he accomplished and won Madrid CL with his goals , now I am sure he is not so thrilled playing along side him . Main reason is for Bale playing for the fans that are kicking his door, booe him on the stadium , club's paper bashing him weekly when things are not going well ( all this are not one time thing this season ) .

Learning what ?

At those respective ages Messi and Ronaldo were stars of their teams . Teams were build around them and they were challenging for Ballon Dor .

In fact Bale was not even best player in EPL that season, it was Suarez , but he bit Ivanovic (also I think racism and diving played against him ) and did not get best player . We can give Perez credit for buying him before it happened . ( It was not Ancelotti buy that I am sure of ) .

You must be very bipolar or you are once again trolling , because I remember you bashing Bale . Nothing new from you . Playing along side Ronaldo maybe was his dream and he accomplished and won Madrid CL with his goals , now I am sure he is not so thrilled playing along side him . Main reason is for Bale playing for the fans that are kicking his door, booe him on the stadium , club's paper bashing him weekly when things are not going well blaming Bale instead of Ronaldo ( all this are not one time thing this season ) .

Learning what ?

In fact Bale was not even best player in EPL that season, it was Suarez , but he bit Ivanovic (also I think racism and diving played against him ) and did not get best player . We can give Perez credit for buying him before his price tag went up even more . ( It was not Ancelotti buy that I am sure of ) .

You must be very bipolar or you are once again trolling , because I remember you bashing Bale . Nothing new from you . Playing along side Ronaldo maybe was his dream and he accomplished and won Madrid CL with his goals , now I am sure he is not so thrilled playing along side him . Main reason is for Bale playing for the fans that are kicking his door, booe him on the stadium , club's paper bashing him weekly when things are not going well blaming Bale instead of Ronaldo ( all this are not one time thing this season ) .

Learning what ?

when a weak City trash Newcastle 5-0 no stupid conclusions were made... :) Madrid Vs Newcastle on a good day ? how many goals ?? :)

• History

when a weak City trash Newcastle 5-0 no stupid conclusions were made... :)

when a weak City trash Newcastle 5-0 no stupid conclusions were made... :) Madrid Vs Newcastle on a good day ? how many goals ??

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bale is "unselfish and unpredictable "

A more ironic comment could not have been made. He is extraordinarily predictable to the point where all you have to do to stop him is cover up any space for him to run into. Literally just 2 defenders do the trick. One charges him while the other covers the space behind for when Bale knocks the ball up and tries to run on to it. This is how Simeone and Atletico shut him down game after game with little to no effort. Gabi/Godin and Siqueira are usually the pair that shut him down (used to be Gabi/Godin and Luis before).

As for unselfish... that could have been said about him once upon a time, but he is as selfish as Ronaldo when it comes to shots. He will shoot from wherever he feels like he has a chance. He has shown that multiple times this season, and moving to a club where Ronaldo does not exist will only increase that selfishness. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be selfish. But Bale has not yet learned appropriately when to be selfish and when to not be selfish (much like Neymar in the Clasico.... took shots when he should've passed, and passed when he should've shot).

• History

Bale is "unselfish and unpredictable "

• A more ironic comment could not have been made. He is extraordinarily predictable to the point where all you have to do to stop him is cover up any space for him to run into. Literally just 2 defenders do the trick. One charges him while the other covers the space behind for when Bale knocks the ball up and tries to run on to it. This is how Simeone and Atletico shut him down game after game with little to no effort.

As for unselfish... that could have been said about him once upon a time, but he is as selfish as Ronaldo when it comes to shots. He will shoot from wherever he feels like he has a chance. He has shown that multiple times this season, and moving to a club where Ronaldo does not exist will only increase that selfishness. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be selfish. But Bale has not yet learned appropriately when to be selfish and when to not be selfish (much like Neymar in the Clasico.... took shots when he should've passed, and passed when he should've shot).

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

My opinion on the "Bale to Chelsea" matter is that it would be great for Bale to return to England and play in a style he is more comfortable with and suited to. However, like a member above said (I forget who), Chelsea are not Tottenham. Teams will sit back against Chelsea and minimize space. A small and tricky dribbler like Hazard is much more useful in those situations than Bale. Do you see Bale with Madrid? When there is no space for him to run to, he is almost guaranteed to either hook in a wild cross to nowhere, try to do a through ball and fail, or turn around and pass back to Carvajal/Modric. He is lost in situations like those because that is not a situation where he can optimize the use of his talents.

Bale going to Chelsea would be the same situation as Bale at Madrid... invisible against teams that play deep, but occasionally devastating against foolish teams that try to attack more than they defend. However, I have faith in Bale that he will perform sooner or later. Benzema had this same issue later, and only a boost in confidence had changed his play. So I believe that Bale needs to feel accepted and loved in order to boost his confidence and perform to the best of his capabilities.

On whether he should go to Chelsea or not... it's hard to imagine Chelsea buying Bale for less than what Madrid paid, abiding by FFP rules, and matching/improving his hulking 300.000 pounds-per-week contract. I just find it extremely difficult to imagine that. Bale joined Madrid because he believed playing for Madrid was as high as it gets in football. Joining Chelsea would almost be like a step down for Bale, and admitting that he could not live up to the expectation of being a Galactico and the most expensive player of all time. He would be forever haunted by the media and his own experiences in Madrid if he leaves with a poor impression. If he is to ever leave Madrid, he should leave after he wins more trophies and puts on a more consistent and impressive display throughout a season. Bale needs to understand that this is how it feels to play for Madrid with such a looming price tag. And he needs to learn to cope with that pressure.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Bale is improving technically, over the seasons, and prooved his mental strenght future looks bright for him just wait.
He seems to handle small spaces better and better, if he cant drible its not a problem the moment he makes quick decisions in front of goal, and try to get himself in a shooting position...
He has no choices but to follow Ronaldo footsteps in this domain developping a killer instinc in front of goal, he is no Isco or Marcelo and it wont change...
But he prooved to be very useful in CL, and will get spaces sooner or later, if Madrid decides to play possession VS Atleti than Isco-James would be more useful, against Bayern or Barça better have Bale in the starting XI.