Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FR toothless against trolls
_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

It feels like an endless repeat... Why is FR being so forgiving toward (multiaccounting) trolls?

You let someone like Aubameyang-Sandrito-KingRamos etc etc rage around against other members over and over and over again... with all his different accounts.

And like that Man Utd fan or whatever fan pretends to be, lately with his multiaccoutning insanely downvote every comment I write. Admins been given me several names on accounts with 0 comments. How is that acceptable? How is this site so toothless against this behavior?!

I had to come to the forum since the comment sections for the games are so rotten, defunct and deprived of any mature football talk/behavior. So this has to be addressed here.

I can remind you that 6-7 years ago, a big game could easily have +1000 comments. Now you're good if it is 50+... you're letting the trolls win.

I've been a member of 3-4 different football sites for years... This one feels like having the least control over them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It feels like an endless repeat... Why is FR being so forgiving toward (multiaccounting) trolls?

You let someone like Aubameyang-Sandrito-KingRamos etc etc rage around against other members over and over and over again... with all his different accounts.

And like that Man Utd fan or whatever he fan pretends to be lately with his multiaccoutning insanely downvote every comment I write. Admins been given me several names on accounts with 0 comments. How is that acceptable? How is this site so toothless against this behavior?!

I had to come to the forum since the comment sections for the games are so rotten, defunct and deprived of any mature football talk/behavior.

I can remind you that 6-7 years ago, a big game could easily have +1000 comments. Now you're good if it is 50+... you're letting the trolls win.

I've been a member of 3-4 different football sites for years... This one feels like having the least control over trolls.

Comments
Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

@Pelle

I dont want you or anybody to lose faith in this website. I've been a part of it since the very beginning and it kills me to see people complaining because of issues that are out of our reach.
This is a list of all users who downvoted you mentioned comment, I'm unsure if anyone has the ability to see this or if it is only mods who can get the voters list for each comment but here it is anyways.

Sir_Frank FSV_support victorveetch beargrills8888 NattyDAdog peedogg88 osmanosman FrenchKiss usmanuchida Kayoko Sofiaokashina Chenko

To anyone having trouble with this issue, we need your help reporting this behavior to us so we can examine and evaluate each report on a case by case basis. We can only relay this to FR and they'll take the final call in regards to banning the users.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

I'm calling for a removal of downvote button just like in the forum. There is already the possibility to flag.

And yes a bunch of those are recurring names. Been given some of those by other mods.

EdgarEAM 5 years ago
2 241

@Tuanis "Normal" users cant see who vote positive or negative. If u ban those account they will create again n🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

A definite solution is DELETE THE DOWN VOTE BUTTON.

Read my others comments.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

A simple solution is to simply ignore everything they say. Eventually they will get bored because you guys simply bite their baits.

JozeV2: its not like they say anything. They prevent you from doing so...

• History

JozeV2: its not like they say anything. They prevent you...

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I have one issue that is more important than trolls.

IT IS SPAM ADS! EVERYTIME, i login through my phone it redirects me to some spam ad. Do you have similar issues?

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Markus: good point. Can you post that in a separate thread.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I'm calling for a removal of downvote button just like in the forum.

This is a good idea. Its neutral and removes the trolling element to downvote.

Btw, maybe we can help out Pele by supporting him everytime somebody is giving him schtick after a matchday. Happy to help got a few tricks up my sleeve yet.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

Btw, maybe we can help out Pele by supporting him everytime somebody is giving him schtick after a matchday. Happy to help got a few tricks up my sleeve yet.

I second this, support our fellow forum user against the troll! Upvote his comment if you see one, especially if you see he is getting downvoted by troll! Lets show them we won't accept them silencing good user!

Edit: I'm still supporting removing downvoting from the highlight though. Just saying we should support Pelle in the meantime.

• History

I second this, support our fellow forum user against the troll! Upvote his comment if you see one, especially if you see he is getting downvoted by troll! Lets show them we won't accept them silencing good user!

Edit: I'm still supporting removing downvoting from the highlight though. Just saying we should support Pele in the meantime.

matrix 5 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 268

I politely disagree with removing the downvote button. Without downvote button or upvote how are you gonna have top comments? The purpose of comment score would be abolished and it is too much hassle for footyroom while they can fix other problems like marcus said adverts.what footyroom should add is a section to view who downvoted or upvoted like facebook & instagram

srk_rox 5 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Let's be honest.. Social media survives mainly from the concepts (negative?) like comments flare, maniac upvote-downvote..
Even though the developers of the website have an explicit policy against multiple accounts from a user. They will do nothing to enforce the rule..
Its all about viewing the ads multiple times, and the money associated with it. I do not think footyroom developers genuinely care about its viewership base

EdgarEAM 5 years ago Edited
2 241

@matrix

• Upvote Is not going to be removed. So u will have TOP COMMENTS
  • Comment score will be not abolished, this will affect yep, but is not going to be abolished
  • If u or Marcus have problems open new thread
  • add a section for view who upvote, down vote is so inefficient. Is better delete down vote button
  • History

@matrix Upvote

• Is not going to be removed. So u will have TOP COMMENTS
  • Comment score will be not abolished, this will affect yep, but is not going to be abolished
  • If u or Marcus has problems open new thread
  • add a section for view who upvote, down vote is so inefficient. Is better delete down votes comments

@matrix

• add a section for view who upvote, down vote is so inefficient. Is better delete down votes comments

@matrix

• add a section for view who upvote, down vote is so inefficient. Is better delete down vote button
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@matrix Keeping the upvote is perfectly fine, the top comment will still be the more popular one, its all.

@srk_rox Don't underestimate the benevolance of the person behind FR, the guy care for feedback and will act on it. The only problem is that he have a lot of other thing to take care of and change are sometime slow to take place.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

gtfo troll matrix... disagrees so he can go on trolling. You rage on other members all over the site with total disrespect and now you pretend being polite?! Nice try hijacking this thread by changing the subject. Make a new thread about ads.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

One reason to keep the flag instead of downvote for bad comments is that trolls wont be able to spam the flag like downvote... they will just draw an admins/mods attention. And they wouldn't want to do that.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Pelle I just want you to know that all mods are discussing with FootyRoom on what options are available and what can be changed. We do care and notice that it can be discouraging to participate in a site in which you are just trolled to silence.

matrix 5 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 268

why the need for insults? can i not have my own opinion? if i told you to stfu you would call me as trolling but since its you its not trolling? just be quiet and stop playing the saint card

oh and getting rid of downvote and not upvote is absurd. imagine just having an upvote button. years ago there was a multiaccounter who made accounts so he would be top comment which made it unfair for other users to get top comment. If you're gonna do one thing you better do the opposite too. life goes both ways just remember that.

I dont insult, Im calling you out. Just check your wall how you treat mods and contemplate over how you've treated regular members.

You don't like where this is heading because you are a troll. So stop steal this thread with your circular reasoning, like you did to one of my older threads.

Finally: "imagine just having an upvote button"... the forum says hello

• History

I dont insult, Im calling you out. Just check your wall how you treat mods and contemplate over how you've treated regular members.

You don't like where this is heading because you are a troll. So stop steal this thread with your circular reasoning, like you did to one of my older threads.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Thank you I will create one.
Also, I agree that downvote is fine but you could do it something like on “YouTube” comment section

matrix 5 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 268

Those comments were made months ago. You cannot judge a person on their past. They can change for the good so pipe down my wall has nothing to do with you. I could delete them if i wanted to show people i am an angel but no i dont because i dont give a toss what others think.

keep throwing around words. Oh and if i go onto any page and tell someone to stfu 10/10 im gonna get banned without a slight warning. but hey being a pet for the moderators is what gets you out of jail it seems.

If you dont like getting thumbed down then stick away from the comment section if it makes you cry so much. god damn