Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Forum Structure
FootyRoom 9 years ago
36 175

Hi Everyone!

Today we'd like to ask for your opinion about forum categories in particular their naming, structure and diversity. Some of us internally think that "Football Talk" category houses a very large number of topics, spanning across many leagues. Would it be better if we somehow added more categories to suit better for specificity of topics. If yes, what would be your proposed forum structure. If no, tell us why you are happy as it is right now.

Alternatively, we can explore other options, namely tags. We could get rid of all categories and introduce tags with which you can tag your threads, where any thread can contain multiple tags. Potentially, there could be a very large number of tags in the forum's ecosystem, including team names, leagues, big players, organizations, etc. This will make it easier to search for topics of interest. However, only moderators and users with enough reputation would be allowed to create new tags to prevent explosion of user generated tags. In this scenario, instead of categories list, a list of most popular tags will be displayed on the right-hand side of forum.

We greatly appreciate your input!
FootyRoom Team

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

To be honest, I don't really mind as I never go searching for only the "Off Topic" threads or the "Euro 2016" for that matter. I mainly visit the main page of the forum and check out the latest threads. If I do want to see a thread from years ago, the search bar works perfectly for that.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

I don't think FootyRoom needs tags. Yeah, it would be easier to find a thread, but it's also good with normal search bar.

But Football Talk should be diveded into few different categories. Almost every thread goes to Football Talk.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I would maybe like something like mark this thread, to save it to some list, and check it then later. Otherwise agree with Eden.

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I agree with everyone basically. Tags could be abused and you end up having people spam the tags so if they are implemented it should be limited to 3 tags at most.
Football Talk should be divided into three or four categories. Players, Leagues, Cups, Other

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

We use a little game preview specially in CL, other hottest topics are League debates and could be included in Football talk or Silly Football.
Funny or banter subjects could also be included in Silly Football, maybe a video Tag would be helpful because sometimes people share video of an action, a goal or a Football event...

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

it would be nice to divide football talk into 3 or 4 categories and add a couple more just to sort the forum out. I don't consider tags necessary as I find the search bar very useful to find threads and stuff...

Alanynter 9 years ago
Inter 1 1

io vorrei sapere come mai questi video dell'host play-wire non si riesce a vederli con nessun browser. Ho provato Firefox Chrome e altri ma niente ivideo non partono. Come si deve fare per riuscire a vederli?