Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Footyroom - virus problem
Lilywhite 10 years ago Edited
28 468

Hey. just want to inform that my avast antivirus program detects a virus when i go to footyroom and a new tab comes up (some sort of add). avast detects that new tab as a malicious virus which tries to infect my computer.

this only happens sometimes, but when it first happens it happens everytime i refresh the footyroom page and then if I dont visit footyroom again for a while it's sometimes gone. I think it's because that one add footyroom have is infected.

I suggest you do something about this footyroom. I trust my antivirus program avast, which is the most used antivirus program in the world. Im not sure if it's a mistake by avast but i just wanted to inform.

Footyroom: if you need the full details of the threat that avast put up I can give you that.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hey. just want to inform that my avast antivirus program detects a virus when i go to footyroom and a new tab comes up (some sort of add). avast detects that new tab as a malicious virus which tries to infect my computer.

this only happens sometimes, but when it first happens it happens everytime i refresh the page and then if I dont visit footyroom again for a while it's sometimes gone. I think it's because that one tab is infected.

I suggest you do something about this footyroom. I trust my antivirus program avast, which is the most used antivirus program in the world. Im not sure if it's a mistake by avast but i just wanted to inform.

Footyroom: if you need the full details of the threat that avast put up I can give you that.

this only happens sometimes, but when it first happens it happens everytime i refresh the page and then if I dont visit footyroom again for a while it's sometimes gone. I think it's because that one add footyroom have is infected.

Comments
Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

here is the URL avast puts up if that helps:
hxxp://ads.adsrvmedia.com/player.html?a=31241065&size=728x90&context=c36121053&ci=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.taggify.net%2Ftag%3Fid%3D2102%26publisher_id%3D4518%26rtb%3D1%26product_id%3D9%26campaign_id%3D1999%26bid%3DMC4wMDAxMQ%3D%3D%26ts%3D1403655674618%26price%3
its an HTML:Script-inf

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Seems like your the only virus here

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

what's the problem with you lame guy? i'm trying to report a serious problem here. seems like youre another virus footyroom should get rid of

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hey @Lilywhite, thanks man. I also have avast and I dont see that warning... uhmn. and the hxxp protocol looks strange too. Are you sure it's from footyroom?

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

110% sure it's from footyroom. I know you may refer to the sort of virus that you already have on your computer and these virus messages appear all the time, but it's not that. i know that for these two reasons:

1. i haven't got virus on my computer, that's why I got avast the first day i got my computer, to shut viruses out
  2. this virus message appears only on footyroom (when the add comes up)

i have never seen it until yesterday and i've been on footyroom for a while. it may come up on you too suddenly. footyroom should check what kind of ads they allow anyways.. thanks for your answer.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Avast sucks, install NOD32 instead, and remove your avast ad blocker plugin in your browser and install adblock instead, everything will be ok.

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

well avast is known for having the best free antivirus software. Other antiviruses may have a few more functions (Bitdefender, ESET, AVG, Norton, McAfee) but these dont have close to the same functions on their free versions (some of them dont even have free), while avast is by far the best antivirus out there if you dont want to pay.

what kind of antivirus I use shouldn't be an excuse for this problem that footyroom has. i'm still waiting for answer from them.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"1. i haven't got virus on my computer,"
If you are on Windows, then you're wrong.

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

"A computer virus is a malware program that inserts copies of itself into other computer programs, data files, or the boot sector of the hard drive; when this replication succeeds, the affected areas are then said to be "infected". Viruses perform harmful activity on infected hosts, such as stealing hard disk space or CPU time, accessing private information, corrupting data, displaying political or humorous messages on the user's screen, spamming their contacts, or logging their keystrokes."

no, i dont have a virus.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

My AVG does not say this...

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

different antiviruses have different capacity to intercept viruses, so i'm not that surprised ramaboy10.

i would be happy if footyroom could respond as fast as possible because i get scared as sht when that red avast message pops up almost everytime i come here. the virus is not on footyroom itself, but an add supported by footyroom. thanks

netsten 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Again avast sucks, the system to block intrusive advertising in avast is total bulshit, a friend of mine had the same problem the other day because avast detected false positive, via the ad blocker and simply doesn't wanted to display a safe page in the browser and created unjustified alarm. Avast is mayber the best free anti virus but it still **** compare to NOD32 or other professionnal AV...

• History

Again avast sucks, the system to block intrusive advertising in avast is total bulshit, a friend of mine had the same problem the other because avast detected false positive because of the ad blocker and simply doesn't wanted to display a safe page in the browser and created unjustified alarm. Avast is mayber the best free anti virus but it still shit compare to NOD32 or other professionnal AV...

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

"shit compare to other professional AV" what a claim to come with when it is the most used and trusted antivirus on the planet.

saying "avast sucks" rules you out of this thread anyways as this is not the point. avast is one of the most complete antiviruses in the world. period. but again thats not the problem. the problem is that footyroom has a (i'm not saying 100% sure) possibly dangerous ad on their site and all i want is that they check it out.

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

And i can create a new antivirus discussion thread if you want that, but for now lets just try and solve this problem right here.

even if my avast blocks out what may be a virus, i dont feel comfortable being on this site when i know there may be a threat here to my personal data. it's like being comfortable in the middle of a war just because you sit inside a tank.

netsten 10 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

I know what worth Avast I used it for some years before, and I trully realized how much it sucks when I changed for a real AV. Now, do what you want and keep thinking it's the best AV if you want...

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

i'm not saying it's the best but it's by good margin the best FREE out there. we all know it is quality. i'll start the new thread when this is fixed.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Lilywhite if AVG tells you you don't have Virus, that doesn't mean you don't have it in your PC...

Lilywhite 10 years ago
28 468

I agree quikzyyy one can't always know but i can say it is highly likely as i'm very careful with what sites i visit and i have a very good protection that keeps out the lot. so what antivirus do you use?

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

If you take care what you visit then you're right, I don't use any antivirus, not needed.

hit101 9 years ago Edited
0 1

I still have antivirus, I use Avast but I use more and more adwcleaner that targets minor adware like unwanted ads by adsuply (http://pcspywareshield.com/guides/adsupply/)
Dangerous viruses seems are not very active now but for ransomware like Cryptolocker. To be safe - make backups!

• History

I still have antivirus, I use Avast but I use more and more adwcleaner that targets minor adware like unwanted ads by adsuply (http://pcspywareshield.com/guides/adsupply/)Dangerous virueses seems are not very active now but for ransomware like Cryptolocker. To be safe - make backups!

I still have antivirus, I use Avast but I use more and more adwcleaner that targets minor adware like unwanted ads by adsuply ([url]http://pcspywareshield.com/guides/adsupply/[/url])Dangerous virueses seems are not very active now but for ransomware like Cryptolocker. To be safe - make backups!

I still have antivirus, I use Avast but I use more and more adwcleaner that targets minor adware like unwanted ads by adsuply (http://pcspywareshield.com/guides/adsupply/)
Dangerous virueses seems are not very active now but for ransomware like Cryptolocker. To be safe - make backups!