Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Football in the America's (South North and Central)
COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

Feel free to add anything at all to this thread about any football anywhere in the america's from top to bottom.

If you wanna talk about a league, Continental competitions, a singular player, a team.

since America's football isn't given a whole lot of attention on this website. feel free to add any input at all, i will be keeping this thread going with my own crap so its not likely you can get rid of me anyway, so might as well get in on this.

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The mighty Boca Jrs is currently in a downward spiral. Last season many stars left leaving the squad in shock. Most of it is due to the fact of Mafia tie ins. Riquelme came back after Falconi (former manager) was fired. Bianchi took the manager spot for his third time. Hes currently rebuilding but we shall see how it goes.

76 540

I wanna get into the CONCACAF Champions league first.

Tigres (Mexico)play my boys seattle Sounders (USA),...

Tigres is currently on top of the Liga MX, while seattle had a rough start to the league season with a home loss to Montreal. Tigres is perfect so far in the Champions league with all victories throughout the groups and doesn't look like the can be rocked, especially at there fortress Estadio Universitario. But seattle wont be blown out, the worst that can happen is that we lose 2-0.. but if seattle play there best, we can lose by just one goal and take it back to Century link where we can really shine.. because we dont do to bad against mexican clubs at home, i think playing the first leg at the E.U is a blessing in disguise.

Houston is leading Santos Laguna 1-0 on aggregate going to mexico after a 1-0 win for houston at BBVA Compass stadium... but learn from toronto and the sounders, if you get a result on santos at home in the first leg.. your still probably gonna get your ass kicked in mexico vs them. Twice Santos screwed up away in the knockout rounds in the 2012 edition, quarter finals we led santos 2-1 from the home first leg only to lose 6-1 in Mexico, and then toronto got a 1-1 draw in the semi finals first leg only to lose 6-2 in Mexico. So we will see is Houston will learn from us and not let there guard down.

Los angeles Galaxy drew Herendiano of Costa Rica.

La Galaxy won all but one of there group games against the Puerto Rico Islanders and Isidro Metapan(El Salvador). (0-0 draw at Islanders was only blemish) 2 straight MLS Cups, a stacked lineup of stars, vs Herendiano who mirrored the point total of the Galaxy in there respective group with Real Salt Lake and Tauro(Panama). but are struggling domestically as they are losing grip on the league leaders alujuanse. and with not as much firepower to choose from, it could be an uphill task for herendiano.

finally, Xelaju (Guatemala)who got the lowest point total for a group winner (they were grouped with Chivas Guadlajara of Mexico and W connection of Trinidad and tobago). and scraped past chivas on Goal difference.. face 2 TIME DEFENDING CHAMPIONS MONTERREY)  i barely have to say much... just ... never mind. 

First legs for 3 out of the 4 ties are today, while second legs are march 12. (13th for Houston and Santos.)

76 540

@Raimondo, man i always hate when Boca starts to spiral down, legendary club, legendary players, AMAZING FANS. truly Boca will forever be amongst the WORLD'S elite clubs of all time. no Matter what to me.

76 540

Xelaju 1- Monterrey 3.

Tigres 1-Seattle sounders 0.

Houston Dynamo 1- Santos Laguna 0.

76 540

COPA LIBERTADORES, LATEST HIGHLIGHTS. GROUP STAGES:

Tigre(Argentina) 1. Palmeiras(Brazil) 0.

Liberdad (Paraguay) vs Sporting Cristal (Peru)

Emelec (Ecuador) vs Deportivo Iqique (Chile)

Tijuana (Mexico) vs Corinthians (Brazil)

Fluminense (Brazil) vs Huachipato (Chile)

Tacuachillo 11 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Thanks for the videos. I'm really proud of how the mexican teams are doing in the copa libertadores. Boca vs Nacional should be a great match today. 

76 540

I agree, i think mexican teams are starting to give South America a run for there money alot more recently!

considering the level of football in concacaf vs the level of footall in CONMEBOL (CONMEBOL ALOT BETTER)  that mexican clubs can still play at such a high level against the best of the best from Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay.

76 540

Mexico even had a runner up to Internacional in 2010. Chivas made that final and lost 5-3 on aggregate.

Tacuachillo 11 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Don't forget Cruz Azul vs Boca Junior in 2001. Boca was in their prime in 2001 will never forget (hence:I'm a cruz azul fan) Awful how Chivas went out in that final, but cruz azul left the bombonera with applauds after losing in penalties. 

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I'll admit that I don't know much about the MLS but I happened across a Portland Timbers match recently (can't remember who they were playing) and the crowds looked amazing! I was liegitatimtely surprised. I went to a Red Bulls game a few years back and the atmopshere was terrible. I almost found myself wanting to leave at halftime.
But that was like a good 6 years ago. Maybe things changed.  

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Actually wanted to ask your opinion... I was offered a discounted season ticket (~$350) to the NY red bulls because I;m a member of the NY Arsenal SUpporter's Club. Anyway, they're reserving a small block of seats for the club and I was wondering if it was worth paying for it (I know nothing about the MLS & how fun the matches are).

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

You'd get to watch Henry, at least.

76 540

Herediano 0. LA Galaxy 0. 

good result in favour of the Galaxy in costa rica.

76 540

gotta love it when Argentina faces off with Uruguay.

Copa Libertadores match 2 days ago forgot about it.

Boca Juniors(Argentina) 0. Nacional 1 (Uruguay)

76 540

Since Footyroom is so slow at updating the MLS Highlight reel. ill take matters into my own hands.

There we are. Yesterday's MLS Highlights.

76 540

Colorado Rapids vs Philadelphia Union from today March 10th 2013.

76 540

March 10th 2013.

Chivas USA vs FC Dallas 

March 10th 2013.

San Jose Earthquakes vs New York red bulls

76 540

SIDE NOTE: I will put up or search for highlights of a specific league by demand so if theres something you wanna see, but im not putting it. request it here or on my wall. and ill try my best.

ok, moving on. this was yesterday in the Argentinian league.

River plate beat Colon de Santa fe 2-1 to go top of the table.

76 540

Concacaf Champions league quarter finals March 12th 2013. Seattle sounders vs Tigres second leg.

Monterrey vs Xelaju  second leg.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

That Seattle comeback was IMMENSE. Did you see those goals??