Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

First Signing under Mourinho for United
Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

ERIC BAILLY

Well... people who know me a little might know I've been asking for a CB even before Ferguson left United and now we have it. Mourinho (or at least United) has made the first move ending up in the first signing of the season.

Eric Bailly - 22 years old - CB and casually RB
Coming from Villarreal for around 40m Euros.

For the FIFA16 fanatics

For the not so fanatics (wiki)

Source(SKY)

Get to know him

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I think hell flop at united. Didnt want him at barca tho too attacking.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

In my opinion, he seem like a decent player, no doubt playing under such a great manager and in such a club will raise his motivation. One of my worry is, is he good enough to start at United? I also wish mourinho would go for a more proved and experimented CB. Also, 40 million seem like a bit more than he is worth. What are your opinion on him Tuanis?

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Honestly would only go up to 15m for him tho.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Bah, I would go to at least 20m and maybe a bit more to be sincere.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

40 million ? Damn

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Emobot7 Yeah, that doesn't seem like a good deal in my opinion but hey, the manager is entitled to do what he want, in particular if he get results for it at the end of the season.

Edit: Heres a vid of him:

I think I'm starting to understand why Mourinho would want that guy.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emobot7 Yeah, that doesn't seem like a good deal in my opinion but hey, the manager is entitled to do what he want, in particular if he get results for it at the end of the season.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Why are you replying to yourself? lol

40m is not a fair price but it is the average a team needs to pay now a days for a decent young player..

Alvin_sak 8 years ago
Manchester United, Cambodia 1 153

I think Mou have a plan for the guy. Bailly is good at tackle and quick, his playing style is similar to Ferdinand. Maybe that is one of the reasons Mou brings him in and recruited Ferdinand to be coaching team.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Tuanis I did? I didn't even remark. XD Seriously though, the guys got good ball control, he can drible a bit but for me, his real selling point is how physical he seem to get. He is clearly not afraid to get rough with an opponent even if that mean injuring his foe or getting a fault from time to time. For me, its seem like kind or player Mourinho like in defense. Might be wrong though as I don't know Mourinho that well. Being a recent football fan is not funny. :(

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Mourinho certainly likes more aggressive type of players, which suit into EPL very well. These prize tags, the big clubs just get used into it without problems, but there comes bigger and bigger difference between clubs with more <-> less money.

SternDesSuedens 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 9 317
  1. Buy a young CB for 5m
  2. Sell him for 40m one year later
  3. ???
  4. Profit
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yellow submarines are hustling :) seriously i know the player, youngster with good potential played in one of the best defenses in Europe this season. Mourinho barely does mistakes in signings but when i saw the price tag one week ago.

enter image description here

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well the last time I thought a price tag for a player was this bull shit, it was Martial, so fair play, we'll see how he turns out.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Fair enough, I'll try to be open minded to wait until he played in his first few game to make a judgement on him. Hope he suceed. :D

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

15-20 Mil over paid. He seems decent though...

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

valued to m6£ according to transfermarkt. But id it's Mou's first choice I'm sure he'll become an excellent player! Next up I heard Matic or Pogba to play DM. Mou always builds from the back..

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think Mourinho builds from the back because that is how every team should be built in modern football . Doesn't matter what tactics are implemented . Modern football is total football where even keepers play big role in the build of passes transitioning it into attack . Defenders are no longer big clumsy guys that is why Mertesacker struggles . Back in 70-80s he would have been gold .

quikzyyy 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Wenger still sees him as a good enough, probably only one in this world. But you're right, everything starts from the back. You may score 3 goals every game when your defence is crap and end up loosing all of them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wenger still sees him as a good enough, probably only one in this world. But you're right, everything starts from the back. You may score 3 goals every game when your defence is crap.