Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FiFA World Cup 2022 to be played during winter
_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

So it is official now... WC in Qatar will be played during winter (break) 21 novemer-18 december

I guess they somewhat figured out the impracticality of having it there (during summer)...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it is official now... WC in Qatar will be played during winter (break).

I guess they somewhat figured out the impracticality of having it there (during summer)...

So it is official now... WC in Qatar will be played during winter (break) 21 novemer-18 december

(Admin, please fix the year on the title lol)

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Didn’t know there was a WC 2 years later ;)

All jokes aside, it’s a good and bad move. Each country should face different conditions, but you’d practically have to be superman to play football at 50 degree celcius. IMO, the positive outweighs the negative by far.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Smart idea, but this situation could have been avoided in the first place. Let's hope they don't make this kind of mistake again...

Tacuachillo 6 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Anyone know if CL and other tournaments will continue with an original schedule? That sounds very exhausting for the players...

_Pelle_ 6 years ago

They would probably move the schedule so that UCL is played later with the final in june/late june

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Will be weird to be in the middle of european season and then having to focus on World Cup. I mean, we propably gonna be completely hyped for CL after the group stage and the draw and then poof! World Cup. :O

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

They would probably move the schedule so that UCL is played later with
the final in june/late june

I think they will still aim for end of May/beginning of June. here are a couple of options:

1- Start the European campaigns in August and try to complete the group stages by early November instead of early December
2- Play with the usual schedule but not take a 2 month break between group stages and RD16 (Takes place between Dec and Feb)

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think it's so stupid to interrupt the club season. Most players will take it easy the few months before the world cup to avoid injuries and then they will be exhausted when they return unless they are given a proper break.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited

The season will probably be longer during the spring and there is always a rest at the end of the year (except for premier League)... They could also start the season a bit earlier since there wont be any WC during summer.

• History

The season will probably be longer during the spring and there is always a rest at the end of the year (except for premier League)... They could also start the season a bot earlier since there wont be any WC during summer.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It is not weird to switch from CL to WC? It is a smart idea and I don’t see how players will be exhausted? We have players in English clubs playing without a break full year.

I am sure it won’t be an issue for the players to continue after WC. In fact they should be in proper top form! Tournament ends on 18th of December! That is right before other league clubs usually go to their hollydays.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I wish whole Qatar would never happen.. So dumb in every possible aspect, just bring Christmas songs to it as well..

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Seriously, I agree with you, never been a more stupid place to hold the world cup. I mean, it obvious the FIFA was corrupt when they chosed it as the place for the tournament so why the hell are they still going ahead with it. Make no sense. :(

• History

@quikzyyy Seriously, I agree with you, never a more stupid place to hold the world cup. I mean, it obvious the FIFA was corrupt when they chosed it as the place for the tournament so why the hell are they still going ahead with it. Make no sense. :(

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Is fifa less corrupt by choosing Mexico USA and Canada over Morocco? Country that produces national players for France

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Hey, don't get me wrong, I would have no problem seeing the WC in Morocco. America temperature is ok for having a world cup in the summer at least, unlike Qatar. :P

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I wonder how they voted for it in the summer 😂

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Exactly Pelle, no way to play in summer IN Qatar, a really bad idea.