{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2012
quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

‎2012 FIFA World XI: 

FIFA World Coach of the Year for Women's Football is Pia Sundhage

FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men's Football is Vicente Del Bosque

The recipient of the FIFA Presidential Award 2012 is Franz Beckenbauer

The winner of the FIFA Fair Play Award 2012 is the Uzbekistan Football Federation

The winner of the FIFA Puskas Award 2012 is Miroslav Stoch

The FIFA Women's World Player of the Year Award 2012 is Abby Wambach

The winner of the FIFA Ballon d'Or 2012 is Lionel Messi

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Golden you are ridiculous. If you are talking about great strikers in only 2013 then you only have a handful of games to chose from. When people talk about great players they look at the whole career. RVP has only been great for like 3 seasons now while Villa has been world class form maybe 5 or 6 not to mentio his performance in WC 10' and Euro 08'. 

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Obviously I meant 2012, raimondo. Certainly David Villa has had a great career, but his level during the caledar year 2012 hasn't been close to what we've seen from Falcao, Ibra, RVP, Rooney Cavani, Agüero and a few more (most of it due to his injury).

On the other hand, if you're talking about great players and their whole career, then Soldado should to an even greater extent miss out from the list.

raimondo90 11 years ago

Well it's not what you stated to Knibis. But I never mentioned Soldado being among the best, I think he is a great striker but not the worlds best. And yes 2012 was terrible for villa being injured for 6 months. 

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

And since this is the award for 2012, it's kind of relevant. :p

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Exactly -- what Lodatz said. My intention was that knibis set up a list with the best strikers
of 2012 (since this thread in the starting point is related to precisely
2012). Why would he randomly set up a list with the best strikers and
their whole career? It's completely irrelevant in this thread. Even so, my perception is secured; this is about 2012, not the players' complete careers.

raimondo90 11 years ago

Which brings me back to my first point, why pick on Knibis about it being 2013? Obviously last season was 2011-12 and we are looking into what players did that season. And again I only stated the whole career to show who are world class players. I never mentioned anything of the awards or the world XI. 

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

no its fine raimondo. Its my fault for thinking diffidently...

Tacuachillo 11 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

Lionel Messi’s outlandish spotted jacket and bow-tie combination may seem way over the top for a sporting event, but in reality (or should that read: in the alternative reality that is the world of fashion), he was bang on trend. 

And as proof of his style credentials, Messi had the tuxedo custom-made for him by D&G designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.

The silk suit is part of the collective return to dapper tailoring that is sweeping the nation. 

This season, more and more designers are adding statement suits and traditional accessories like hats and handkerchiefs to their collections, and the the bow-tie, or 'silk papillon', as it is known in lofty fashion speak, is enjoying a resurgence - just ask Olympic gymnast Louis Smith.

As a player at the top of his game, Messi can take risks with his style where lesser players wouldn’t dare. 

And while he may get a ribbing in the changing rooms for his avant-garde look, for dedicated followers of fashion not only is he picking up an award for world footballer of the year, he’s getting an unofficial gong for most stylish too.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

LOL I like Llorri's choices, he was very reasonable and truthful. Nice of him to vote for a fellow Goalkeeper!

rescue_secure 11 years ago
England 25 1357

dumbest awards ever! if u play crouch for barcelona he'd score as many goals as messi since most of his goals are served on a silver platter for him!

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

@rescue if the award is dumbest then your comment should be "DUMBEST COMMENT" ever

why on earth bruno alves is the one who voted? isnt ronaldo the team captain of portugal?

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@Puppet,

I would like to ask that question as well. Ronaldo was the captain of Portugal during Euro 2012 and still is.

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Got to explain me why the fuck we have American bitches who won that, should be Japanese...

billywalendom 11 years ago
21 186

The world XI is pretty much the Spain national team with Ronaldo and Messi. If any line-up wants to mess with them be their guest.