Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fifa 17 The Journey Trailer
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Well, damn, now I really want to buy Fifa 17 even though I didn't wanted to support EA. What you guys think about this new mode, made some research and it look pretty interesting to be sincere.

Comments
JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Fekin wow.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

It looks good, and I'll obviously play it. I maybe would have preferred if they'd ticked out regular career mode a bit more, but this looks very decent.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sunflash I sure hope they do work a bit on the career mode but I gotta say I'm very interested in this mode for now. I really hope they do deliver on what they said though and let us play in any team of the BPL.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash I sure hope they do work a bit on the career mode but I gotta say I'm very interested in this mode for now. I really hope they do deliver on what they said and let us play in any team of the BPL.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It would be better if they did this with the player's facial features and name being customized. It honestly isn't even hard. 2K Sports have been doing it with NBA for many, many years now. I don't mind the player being restricted to the EPL, but quite frankly, I'm neither black nor named Alex Hunter LOL. It would feel much, MUCH better if we were allowed to customize the facial features and change the name of the player to something from the existing names in the game's storage.

538 11435

@Dynastian98 I understand where your coming from and I agree with you but I don't think it will bother me too much. I'm the kind of gamer who like rpg, Mass Effect and that kind of games. So I try to see it as if I'm playing as another person (Alex Hunter in this case), having some control over his choice instead of being the main character myself in a setting that wouldn't 100% fit me. This is the first year we get this mode so I think they will change it in the future if they realize most of the fan would rather create their character completely in any case. What is worse in my opinion is being forced to being English and to play in the EPL. Its not a problem for me but a lot of fan from other country will propably be annoyed by this. I also wonder if we will have the option in this mode to join team from other league later on.

• History

@Dynastian98 I understand where your coming from and I agree with you but I don't think it will bother me too much. I'm the kind of gamer who like rpg, Mass Effect and that kind of games. So I try to see it as if I'm playing as another person (Alex Hunter in this case), having some control over his choice instead of being the main character myself in a setting that wouldn't 100% fit me. This is the first year we get this mode so I think they will change it in the future if they realize most of the fan would rather create their character completely in any case. What is worse in my opinion is being forced to being English and to player in the BPL. Its not a problem for me but a lot of fan from other country will propably be annoyed by this. I also wonder if we will have the option in this mode to join team from other league later on.

@Dynastian98 I understand where your coming from and I agree with you but I don't think it will bother me too much. I'm the kind of gamer who like rpg, Mass Effect and that kind of games. So I try to see it as if I'm playing as another person (Alex Hunter in this case), having some control over his choice instead of being the main character myself in a setting that wouldn't 100% fit me. This is the first year we get this mode so I think they will change it in the future if they realize most of the fan would rather create their character completely in any case. What is worse in my opinion is being forced to being English and to play in the BPL. Its not a problem for me but a lot of fan from other country will propably be annoyed by this. I also wonder if we will have the option in this mode to join team from other league later on.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

But how is this different prom the Player Manager mode in the current FIFA?
What would be the point if I couldn't change the player at all?

I hope EA doesn't end up disappointing once again.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Wait, is this the first year they've introduced this mode or have I been missing something in all the games these past few years?

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Looks cool, even better than 2K!

iliagoginava 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 0 6

this is football or gta or film :D ? :D :D

• History

this is football or gta :D ? :D :D

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Typical EA, good idea and fu**s it up.. Why let this only in EPL? Why not let you start at the bottom and fight for your way up..
They literally introduced Marcus Rashford story into FIFA.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Quikzyyy Well, we don't know yet if we can get loaned or thing like that. I think it would have been cool to start in a academy of one of the team and then be loaned to another team in the championship. But the problem with something like that is that they would need to add a bit of work to make it happen and no doubt they don't think its worth it. You musn't forget since its a game with an interactive story, any small change mean a lot of work for the dev team.

@Eden17 Its different however in the point of view your not really playing an avatar you make but as a character of fiction. Its a bit of a mix between fifa and a Role Playing Game when you think about it deep.

@Tuanis I don't think this mode is about adding a lot of gameplay element, its more about making you care about the player and being able to make different choice with him. This isn't a sandbox or simulation mode like career mode, it is a story mode where your freedom will be limited to some choice that should have different impact on the scenario.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

The story mode of the it is the draw for me. I remember PES had some amazing cinematic animations in their career modes, and if anything, that's what I miss most about that game.

Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 27

Since frostbite is the new FIFA 17 engine will the game graphics be similar to battlefield?

538 11435

@Sunflash Lets not lie to ourselve, we all love those cinematic even if they doesn't alway add a lot to the game. ;)

@Arsenal_infinite It will definitely be an huge improvement from the last fifa, thats for sure. I'm think its gonna be as good at what we seen in the trailer to be sincere.

• History

@Sunflash Lets not lie to ourselve, we all love those cinematic even if they doesn't alway add a lot to the game. ;)

@Arsenal_infinite It will definitely be an huge improvement from the last fifa, thats for sure. I'm think its gonna be as good at what we seen in the trailer to be sincere.

On another topic, anyone want to share what they think about having real manager in Fifa 17? Think its a neat addition or thats its totally useless and a waste of time?

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

New info guys, it seem the mode will be for only one season. This is a bit annoying, would have love it to go on and on, but I guess it make sense since it will be a narrative mode. Another thing, since they asked bioware to help with the game a bit, I'm starting to wonder if they will make that mode an episodic one that keep going in the next game. For example, you'll be able to import your save from fifa 17 to fifa 18 so the game know every decision you made in "the journey" and you can start your second season as Alex Hunter in fifa 18. What you think? Seem possible? Likely? Not at all? Please share your thought. ;)

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 1 more great idea brought to ruin.

1 season as a player we did not even made? What about Liverpool fans? United is their biggest rival.

538 11435

@JozeMourinho Liverpool fan will be ok, EA as said that the player will be able to join any team from the premier league, I think if what I said earlier come to fruition, in the future, like when Fifa 18 or 19 come out, there is a chance we could join team from other league as well. I agree it feel a bit like taking the player as a hostage though if they do make this an episodic game. "You want to know what happen to Alex next season? You'll have to buy Fifa 18 to know." Ugh, EA are just the worst money grapper I know. :(

• History

@JozeMourinho Liverpool fan will be ok, EA as said that the player will be able to join any team from the premier league, I think if what I said earlier come to fruition, then in later game, there is a chance we could join team from other league as well. I agree it feel a bit like taking the player as a hostage though if they do make this an episodic game. "You want to know what happen to Alex next season? You'll have to buy Fifa 18 to know." Ugh, EA are just the worst money grapper I know. :(

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Emobot7 Those money stuff are keeping me from spending for Playstation4.

Just build a great feature for the game which prolly everyone will love and feast on the customers need to continue the story. I am no hardcore gamer I barely play games to be honest but this is a disgrace. They should add the mod with at least 10 to 20 years of career personal choice when to retire, personal customization bla bla bla etc.

I remember when searching FIFA 16 I saw the +essentials add on which you could train specific 5 players I think. A feature not for Playstation 3. Their excuse? Ps3 can't support that very very very simple feature like that. Just another cheap move to force people to buy an upgrade with minimal upgrades.

They honestly vomit inside our own mouths and we swallow. That sums up EA

Never ever I am going to buy FIFA unless they make something worth spending from 60 to 70 euros.

Untill then AHOY MI LADS!

enter image description here

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Joze I have so much more respect for you after hearing you say that. May the wind alway blow in the right direction for you captain. ;) +1

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

EA is literally just money grabbing *****. Literally doing nothing for past few years, just making it more expensive.
US playstation store: enter image description here
Slovakia playstation store: enter image description here
Where's the logic? EA don't care about their customers, neither about FIFA, they just add something to hype the players who don't want to buy the FIFA anymore, because it's a crap.