Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fabregas deal done!
quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed 3 wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.

I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return. Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future.

I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing.

It was extremely important to me that this transfer was completed before the World Cup so that my mind will only be focused on hopefully helping my country try to retain the trophy.

Comments
liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i've been waiting ages for that.
finally.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 47 1026

The ultimate betrayal. My life is over. I don't blame him. Actually I do. I don't know. Stupid Arsenal. Stupid Wenger. Chelsea are too strong. Gahhhh.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The ultimate betrayal. My life is over. I don't blame him. Actually I do. I don't know. Stupid Arsenal. Stupid Wenger.

Gennady 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

Damn it I really wanted him in United. Ohh well, Arsenal fans will hate him even more now....a reported £30m deal, a lil too much for him if you ask me..

• History

Damn it I really wanted him in United. Ohh well, Arsenal fans will hate him even more now....a reported £30m deal, a lil too much for him if you ask me..

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I blame Wenger for not signing him, this mistake can be fatal in next years. We still get 50% of the sale, right?

FredTilson 10 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

"I blame Wenger for not signing him, this mistake can be fatal in next years. We still get 50% of the sale, right?"

No. You would have gotten 50% of whatever Barcelona gets OVER 35 million for him. Since they sold him for less than that, you get diddlysquat.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Hahahahahahahahaha!

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

So, first we didn't signed him, okay. Then, Chelsea signed him and we didn't get anything, this is transfer failure once again.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Doesn't matter if Arsenal wanted him back or not he's a judas for me. If growing up in Arsenal from 16-year-old to 24-year-old man and everything Wenger did for him to make him proper player & man isn't enough to make him love the club, I don't know what to say. Joining Chelsea just means that he doesn't care about Arsenal. No respect towards him anymore, sadly. Feels sad to see these traitors every year, maybe the money is more important than respect.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Uhm good news for Chelsea for sure, I dont get it if Arsenal's fans would hate Cesc, ask Wenger first?... Of course, it would be a hard decision for him, of course Arsenal was his home for 8 years... so what? What can he do if Wenger doesn't want him. EPL is a good option for him, and he has to go to where they want him.

EPL will be even more entertaining.

Btw, there is a rumor Mou also wants Modric at Chelsea and want to use Ramires in the deal. If Real's management board is in the right mind. They should NEVER let Modric go. Not for anyone, not for Ramires + some money.

• History

Uhm good news for Chelsea for sure, I dont get it if Arsenal's fans would hate Cesc, ask Wenger first?... EPL will be even more entertaining.

Btw, there is a rumor Mou also wants Modric at Chelsea and want to use Ramires in the deal. If Real's management board is in the right mind. They should NEVER let Modric go. Not for anyone, not for Ramires + some money.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

so now Fabregas is officially an arsenal reject, feels strange to say this.... I hate seeing him in this ugly ugly shirt, but I still believe it was the more rational choice. Still fuck chelsea and fuck fabregas, aaaaaaaand fuck everything.

What I said in a previous topic :

"@quikzyyy The only way buying fabregas would be justified is if he would be played at CM or CAM. Santi's most played position is LW, so Fabregas replacing Santi doesn't make sense to me.
I've come to accept the fact that getting fabregas back is not our priority. I would love to see him wearing the arsenal colours again but this is because of my emotions rather than rationality. Getting fabregas would upset our squad balance in midfield, as it would upset either Ramsey or Ozil, and push Wilshere out of the starting 11 for good. Let's get a striker, a RB, and most importantly a DM. You can add to that DC, in case Verm decides to leave/for depth. And a back up GK."

expertfootball11 10 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Played with Arsenal most of his career, joins breifly Barcelona and then signs for the rivals. Logic? o_O

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tuan yes it's hard to blame fabregas when we didn't let him come back in the first place.

@gennady 30m for Fabregas, in his prime, in this market, is a bargain. This guy was the best midfielder in the EPL for years and carried a good but not great arsenal side on his shoulders for several seasons. He's a leader, he's passionate, and he's outstandingly talented.

Saying all this makes me want to jump off a bridge. Fùck this life

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

See! that's exactly my point.

And that's also probably the reason Wenger didn't want to break their cash to buy him back, it might cause imbalance in their squad. I dont say they have the best squad now to conquer anything bigger but that seems to be the reason.

Now, I dont say it's a good reason either, because (as @KingHenry suggested) if Wilshere or Ozil found that they have big competition, they would have to work their ass off for it. I would still buy Cesc if I were Wenger.

Anyway, just dont hate him. its not fair. But I guess, because you guys love him, now you feel betrayed. He has to go where they want him more.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

Lolz, this is WHY i love Beckham too. He would never come back to EPL and play for any team other than Manchester United.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

^and Lampard :)

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tuan actually no he's a traitor. He acted like a spoilt brat when he left, didn't let wenger play him, brought his own price down by whoring himself to pique and puyol. Then he kept sending instagrams and tweets to arsenal fans saying he missed us like some attention whore. And now, barca doesn't want him anymore, he still has time on his contract, he could have gone to france, he could have gone to italy or to sunderland, but he chose chelsea, the worst fùcking club in the whole world. So yeah, I'm just going to delete all my emotional ties to this guy, remove my fabregas youtube videos from my favorites, and move on.

Now Wenger better have a fùcking GREAT summer on the market, and sign some fùcking WORLD CLASS PLAYERS. Else we'll look like fools and we'll be left behind in the league by fabregas and costa and this mourinho cùnt.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@KingHenry But we still don't have squad depth. Chelsea or Manchester City and so on have a lot of quality players on bench, every time someone is injured, specially in Arsenal. If Ozil, Walcott or Ramsey will get injured again we will struggle again. I'm sure he would fit, maybe on wing who knows, but mainly our rival wouldn't have Cesc Fabregas.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@quikzyyy this transfer won't matter to us if we strenghten in the positions we need to strenghten. CF, RB and CDM. And I mean really strenghten. If CM depth would have been at the cost of a CF then it would not have been worth it. If we sign no one, then we can look back at the fabregas transfer and laugh at ourselves/rage to death

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

First of all , Wenger does not need Fabregas back . There are many other ares where money needs to spend instead to balance the squad . You just recently lost EPL's one of the best right backs.

And Woah I don't understand why people think that players are obligated to comeback to the old club ? It was not fully his choice, but Barcelona choice as well to sell . Why do fans feel as if footballers are a big fan of particular football club that they played for ? I think it is childish .

It is their career and they will think what is best for them . If someone offered you great career at other company with a pay raise , would you take or stay loyal to your employer who pays you lower than what you deserve for work that you do ? Ofcourse anyone would leave and that is one factor - money .

Another factor is that player wants to join to a more ambitious project. World cup has kicked in and Wenger still has not signed anyone !!! All the articles talk about how Arsenal interested in every player in the world but yet no signing . Prices will skyrocket and then you will be seeing same thing that happens every year , Wenger doing last minute shopping buying rubbish players ( or injured ) . ( All though I do think Wenger is a scapegoat in Arsenal , still he should show resilience and push the board to spend ) .

Southampton had more transfer activity than Arsenal last season . So, tell me where would player join ? Ofcourse to ambitious team plus in our case with a best manager in the world .

I would get mad as well if John Terry or Drogba or Lampard in his prime would have joined to United or Arsenal , but I have no right to blame them or hate them . There is always a reason why they leave . Happy player would not leave a club or request to leave .

And so called loyal players have always thought about leaving their club many times even if they seem to be happy , it is just media does not talk about it ! And you all assume that they are big fans of their club and they always wished to stay forever with a club .

Footballer has a short career and he wants to have different experiences in different countries or other clubs . And if you also take into consideration their injuries and setbacks , their careers are even shorter .

I think it is ridiculous every player thinks about his career, happiness and money he will make to have a nice retirement .

Either way I am enjoying this news , Fabregas joining Chelsea .

• History

First of all , Wenger does not need Fabregas back . There are many other ares where money needs to spend instead to balance the squad . You just recently lost EPL's one of the best right backs.

And Woah I don't understand why people think that players are obligated to comeback to the old club ? It was not fully his choice, but Barcelona choice as well to sell . Why do fans feel as if footballers are a big fan of particular football club that they played for ? I think it is childish .

It is their career and they will think what is best for them . If someone offered you great career at other company with a pay raise , would you take or stay loyal to your employer who pays you lower than what you deserve for work that you do ? Ofcourse anyone would leave and that is one factor - money .

Another factor is that player wants to join to a more ambitious project. World cup has kicked in and Wenger still has not signed anyone !!! All the articles talk about how Arsenal interested in every player in the world but yet no signing . Prices will skyrocket and then you will be seeing same thing that happens every year , Wenger doing last minute shopping . ( All though I do think Wenger is a scapegoat in Arsenal , still he should show resilience and push the board to spend ) .

Southampton had more transfer activity than Arsenal last season . So, tell me where would player join ? Ofcourse to ambitious team plus in our case with a best manager in the world .

I would get mad as well if John Terry or Drogba or Lampard in his prime would have joined to United or Arsenal , but I have no right to blame them or hate them . There is always a reason why they leave . Happy player would not leave a club or request to leave .

And so called loyal players have always thought about leaving their club many times even if they seem to be happy , it is just media does not talk about it ! And you all assume that they are big fans of their club and they always wished to stay forever with a club .

Footballer has a short career and he wants to have different experiences in different countries or other clubs . And if you also take into consideration their injuries and setbacks their careers are even shorter .

I think it is ridiculous every player thinks about his career, happiness and money he will make to have a nice retirement .

Another factor is that player wants to join to a more ambitious project. World cup has kicked in and Wenger still has not signed anyone !!! All the articles talk about how Arsenal interested in every player in the world but yet no signing . Prices will skyrocket and then you will be seeing same thing that happens every year , Wenger doing last minute shopping buying rubbish players ( or injured ) . ( All though I do think Wenger is a scapegoat in Arsenal , still he should show resilience and push the board to spend ) .

Footballer has a short career and he wants to have different experiences in different countries or other clubs . And if you also take into consideration their injuries and setbacks their careers are even shorter .