West Ham disallowed goal against Chelsea

Reece James kickout on Antonio

Philippe Coutinho disallowed goal for offside against Manchester City

VVD yellow card tackle against Everton

Mitchell own goal ruled out for foul

Comments
Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

There are too many game changing incorrect decisions almost in every game.

DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

James should have been reviewed and received a red....

Coutinho was not offsides and his goal should have counted. Nasty goal by the way....

VVD should have got a red...

The goal should have counted as the player was shoved into the keeper....

Gotta love VAR and their chance to slow things down, look for different angles and STILL get it wrong. haha

Hire me, I'll do it!!! haha

Sajumar9 2 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England U21 0 5

EPL definitely had a rough weekend with VAR. idk about arsenal one tho. more than likely that is called a foul anywhere else in european competition as he went through the back of him without playing the ball. sportsbetting3.com had man utd winning the game pretty easily. seeing as they are being told to let things go maybe they think that is not a foul? idk looks like eriksen was going to play a ball but was restricted.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

EPL definitely had a rough weekend with VAR. idk about arsenal one tho. more than likely that is called a foul anywhere else in european competition as he went through the back of him without playing the ball. seeing as they are being told to let things go maybe they think that is not a foul? idk looks like eriksen was going to play a ball but was restricted.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

main referee was literally right in front of the tackle and didn't think it was a foul and suddenly VAR got in there and analyzed it for 4 minutes. if it wasn't goal no one would beat an eye about that tackle, could literally find goal scored like that in every single matchday.
Martinez should have seen yellow in 2nd minute, Gabriel should have seen a yellow after his tackle before first goal, Lokonga should have seen a yellow, McTominay should have seen minimal 2 yellows.

Referees in this league are absolute garbage, no wonder premier league is the only major league in Europe not to have a single referee selected to act as a VAR at the World Cup.

Yusuf_10 2 years ago Edited
Manchester City, England 16 73

Yeah i agree VAR in EPL just ruins it, just let the game flow. And players who know how to take advantage of it, for example Mendy who totally faked an injury against West Ham

• History

Yeah i agree VAR in EPL just ruins it, just let the game flow. And players who know how to take advantage of it, for example Mendy totally faked an injury against West Ham

Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

Missed most game this weekend but damn, seem like the ref are doing worse and worse. Really thinking back to people saying VAR was like a calculator, the more you use it, the harder it is to calculate without it and them saying ref were gonna become worse... I really think this is becoming true. I hope there gonna be a higher demand for transparency in the coming months because this is absolutely terrible. We need harsher penality for ref decision as well, some of those referees been there for years and has never been satysfiying, I'm sure there a lots of talented, young ref who'd be super happy to be given a chance at the top level (change are they are also more in touch with new ruling). Give them their turn I say.

• History

Missed most game this week but damn, seem like the ref are doing worse and worse. Really thinking back to people saying VAR was like a calculator, the more you use it, the harder it is to calculate without it and them saying ref were gonna become worse... I really think this is becoming true. I hope there gonna be a higher demand for transparency in the coming months because this is absolutely terrible. We need harsher penality for ref decision as well, some of those referees been there for years and has never been satysfiying, I'm sure there a lots of talented, young ref who'd be super happy to be given a chance at the top level (change are they are also more in touch with new ruling). Give them their turn I say.

SunFlash 2 years ago
USA 19 3260

@quik

While Arsenal pundits and Roy Keane can call it soft, it was a foul. Contact through the back and on the leg, no touch on the ball. Foul. The commentator on my stream surmised that the referee thought Odergaad got a touch in real time, which is a very plausible explanation, as that would've been a good reason to let the goal stand and explains why play was let go to begin with.

Of course Arsenal fans across the internet spent the next two days steadfastly stating how referees had conspired against them yet again, while ignoring red-card worthy kickouts by Gabriel Jesus and Ben White on Martinez and Rashford, respectively. Not only did I not notice these incidents during the game, it was only brought up to make the Arsenal fans see some sense and to stop roleplaying as victims, something they are entirely convinced they embody.

I say this not to defend the standard of refereeing. Standards have to be better, and the shambolic way the Premier League handles VAR compared to the rest of the world is a testament to that. There are a half-dozen scenarios this week and last that were clearly wrong and make excellent cases as to why those existing standards should be revisited. Yet it does no credit to these arguments to lump in situations such as the use of VAR in the Arsenal-United game. That was the correct call, and claiming that it was an error only hurts the overall argument that standards should improve.

Greatone 2 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

The problem a lot of you are skipping over is the usage of VAR, as it stands it's meant to only be used for a few reasons to not be re-refereeing. One of them being "clear and obvious" errors. That's what the post-game analysts were saying, it's more on the foul spectrum of interpretation but VAR isn't here to take over the referee's job. In real time, 10 yards away from the ball the ref got a clear and close view of the incident yet didn't see enough to give a foul.

Just like VAR isn't used to overturn yellow cards, but that was the problem, VAR was used and the ref was called to the VAR screen when he shouldn't of been.

The PL is the most terrible with consistency in decision making, including how and when the referee should be referred to VAR.
It's what Arsenal fans have been saying for years. Doesn't help when half the forum is Man U fans so any point just gets shut down as whinging.

estcrow 2 years ago
0 51

About the Arsenals disallowed goal discussion.

1. VAR is used on every goal to check "possible foul in the build-up". It's not the first nor the last time a goal has been disallowed this way. For example the famous Solskjaer quote "if it was my Son I wouldn't give him any food" not so long ago (decision against ManU)
  2. VAR didn't overturn the decision, they indicated the referee that he might have made a mistake and he should overlook it. He had every chance to stick by his decision but on the replay he saw he made a mistake and admitted it - which is respectable. I feel like when he got a better chance to look at it he was able make a better call - which is correct but frustrating for arsenal fans, I understand. I feel like it was rather good job from VAR as they just did what they're meant to do. If the goal would have sticked then again all of the manchester fans would be whining about it and VAR and referee so it's just tough to be the judge.
quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I’m not even complaining about the Odegaard foul(if I was I’d just bring up the foul on Ramsdale from game week before or million other bullshit calls at OT).

If main referee can’t spot a foul from 10 yards away while looking directly at it he shouldn’t be referee in Premier League

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Juventus just had one of the worst VAR calls go against them. Candreva was playing every Juve player onside but the VAR didn't show Candreva in the offside photos.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Footy_watch Haha, yeah, saw those comments in reddit and thought it was real for a minute but the image shown on TV aren't the image that the VAR use, the picture shown are taken by the tv crew on that game. Obviously, VAR isn't that inept either, Serie A clearly released official information (had to google search to find it though) saying that the VAR had taken Candreva position into account but that Bonucci was still offside when Milik touched the ball. In the best of world, we'd get all the best footage and the transparency we would want but we're still far off such a world.

_Pelle_ 2 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Refs comitting errors is at this point an unfortunate part of the game. What needs to be taken seriously though is if a comitted error was done on purpose… 🤔

• History

Refs comitting errors is at this point an unfortunate part of the game. What needs to be take seriously though is if a comitted error was done on purpose… 🤔

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle So true, just hope the fans ask for more transparency from the FA and make their voice heard. Football a beautiful sport but it much harder to enjoy when you worry about matchfixing or non-neutral referee. I mean, there is complete transparency in other sport and they work fine without much controversy, don't understand why the football federations are so slow to join in that sense.

Footy_watch 2 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

There's no if about refs committing errors on purpose. There's a lot of matchfixing in football.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

@Footy Well for sure there is, its especially clear in certain country in Africa for example where fixed games are common, in Europe, I really wish and hope there isn't any matchfixing but recent years didn't really convince that there weren't. I mean, if there weren't any matchfixing, you'd suppose the Federations would gone out of their way to be as transparent as possible but it just haven't been completely the case so its hard to have utter faith in the governing body. :(

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

dsad

this is the offside for people who didn't see it. the fact they say no one is responsible for this mistake? is a joke. in every work if you make mistake you face consequences, in football being referee is best job in the world, you see all the football from best angle, shake hands with players, get paid for it and best part of it you can be complete trash and no one can even critize you cos they will be fined!

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

Where did you find these pic quikzyyy? Super hard to see thing clearly there, for me at least. Does look like the VAR made a mistake at least from those but its ain't exactly easy to say...

As for being referee being the best job in the world, I really don't agree there, you have to take so much abuse every game, arguing with kids that get paid million more than you, I'm sure there are perk but no way its fun every day. I do completely agree ref need to be responsible for their decision and punished in some way if the make mistake.

Thing I'd like to see would be a system where every teams rate the ref overall performance and based on their average point, some ref get relegated to championship, other get promoted to the PL. Make the ref system competetive at least, of course they gonna make mistake if they take their position for granted. Personally, I'd be down for having foreign ref in the PL too as well because there just too much risk of local referee having a favorite team.

Also, a fun fact people don't mention is that last year, City won the league by one point but they also had a 1-0 win over Everton that had an incident where Rodri made an obvious handball in his own surface that wasn't called. The head of the referee association even excused himself to Everton for the mistake. I mean, if Everton would have been given the penalty, it could have ended in a draw and then it could have been Liverpool who would have won the PL. I mean, does the PL realize last year champion was basically potentially crowned thanks to a referee mistake? Thats crazy.

quikzyyy 2 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

cos those referees have zero respect, no one would say a word to Collina cos he would just give you card and probably tell you to fuck off within 1 second or you get another one.

correct me if I'm wrong, but this was FA/PGMOL statement on Rodri handball:

Premier League clarify that the VAR team didn't think there was conclusive evidence that the ball hit Rodri more in the red area of the arm than the green.
enter image description here

if this is not enough evidence, than any referee in the VAR room shouldn't step on pitch ever again, not even for U12 game.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

correct me if I'm wrong, but this was FA/PGMOL statement on Rodri handball:

Yep, thats true but even so, PGMOL General Manager still apparently presented his excuse to Everton for the mistake (meaning that for him, it was one). Link to the article. Thats what bother me the most, how can they get away with just saying sorry whenever they make a mistake which could directly influence the life of hundred of peoples at different club?

I mean, I'm not a idealist, I understand mistake will be part of the game but there too many too important one happening and not enough people reacting in response.