Emo's debate thread: Arsenal vs Chelsea
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

Arsenal is red
Chelsea is blue
Who are the best
U debate

Yeah, I know it was lame, but I had to do it. :P
Anyway, in this thread, the arguing is about the quality of the two rival squad. Tell us wich one you think have the best player and why not also share with us who you think is gonna win london derby next weekend.
May the best orator win! :D

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

The only players that played alright in Chelsea was Kanté, Azpi and Costa., and especially the latter. The performance of the rest was simply shameful. It was one of the poorest games I've seen Chelsea doing performance-wise. It's not easy to find the motivation to score when our defenders so easily let Arsenal concede. Cahill had once again a terrible performance. He's simply much better with Terry on his side, and one of those guys that will slip up more once things don't go his way. Luiz is a proper liability too. Great footballer, great technique, but he simply doesn't know where he is on the pitch. Second goal for example. I don't remember who scored. Cazorla? He comes free on the right side.. no one there to defend or put pressure on him..

@emo. Matic is still a DM. It's just that Kanté plays deeper like a proper DM, while Matic plays a bit further up. what Fabregas brings when he plays is creativity and good passes. And usually itäs either Fabregas, Matic or Oscar that plays dependent on the tactics.

bluezz 8 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

Only Costa tried... hazard has been non existent for 3 epl games straight. Cahil and luiz look lost.Ivanovic how is he still starting. Coutois can fuck off and take interviews in Spain. The thing is conte never got his first choices in the market... even Kante was second choice to naingolan. The board are really fucking us

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Second goal was pure Hazard mistake, he slept allowed Bellerin to pass Walcott for tap-in.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Kanté is a great signing. Much rather have him than anyone else. He's not the problem.

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

A few things.....

• Cahill and Ivanovic should not be starting. If Conte wants to maintain our formation, we need to be playing : Alonso, JT, Zouma, Azpilicueta.

• Don't blame Luiz. I've watched every minute of him since he's returned and he's been decent. Cahill's been at fault. Luiz has been producing amazing through balls to Costa the last few games and we saw another cracker to Batshuayi. He's an amazing player. He can lose concentration in defence, but he's world class, no doubt about that.

• Conte's been playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 as he says that he determines the formation based on the players at his disposal. Nuh-uh, Conte needs to take initiative and mould his players into the 3-5-2 formation that he has used so well. We could line up with JT-Zouma-Luiz in defence, Alonso-Fabregas-Kante-Oscar-Azpilicueta in midfield, and Hazard-Costa up front.

• Eden's not a defender, and should focus all his energy on attack. Thorgan was in a similar position but now plays up front for Gladbach in a 3-5-2 and had 6 goals in 7 games last time I checked. In fact our buy back clause expires this January so the board have to consider re-signing him.

• I don't have any problems with Oscar or Matic. I've always liked them and the thought of selling either of them has never come across me. Yes, I was strongly against the KDB sale but Oscar is a very special player when he plays box-to-box and Matic is a monster when his confidence is high. Got no problems wit Moses either. He has passion, desire, and is direct, unlike that Cuadrado feller who seems to hate our club.

• If Courtois want to leave, let him leave now and we'll re-sign Cech.

• Christensen will be back. Don't hate our board for not recalling him. He left on a two-year loan, got player of the season and earned CL football. Let him enjoy that and respect his contract and the people around him. JT met up with him at the end of last season and I'm sure he will be returning.

• We don't need any major new signings. We've got the likes of Musonda, Baker (scored a screamer today), Abraham (10 goals so far this season), Pasalic, Traore, etc. out on loan. And RLC, Chalobah, Aina etc. at the club. All capable of proving their worth. All they need is that one chance like Rashford and Januzaj got.

• And where the hell is my boy Marco Van Ginkel???
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

we'll re-sign Cech

:)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Do you guys think it's time to move on Hazard? PSG will be getting pretty desperate for something in the winter window, so it may be possible to actually get an ok amount of money for him. He's just not what he used to be an nothing I'm seeing from him suggests that he will ever recover his player of the year form at Chelsea.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Somewhere in the match the ref outruns Kante, let that sink in. If I remember well it happened before Ozil's goal.

@quikzyyy Imagine if that happens and Arsenal has to finish their season with Ospina tho xD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Somewhere in the match the ref outruns Kante, let that sink in. I think it happened near Mesut's goal.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Sunflash are you kidding? Hazard with one bad game again and everybody hates on him lol.
When chelsea fix the defence then he will shine, our defence doesn't let our attackers do their work.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I hope Hazard doesn't turn into another wasted talent. I've watched the kid since his Lille days. :/

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian Nah, don't worry about Hazard, he is back on track to do a good season, maybe not as great as when he was at his best, but he is still very good. He can't do all by himself though, if the rest of the team is giving up, he won't shine all by himself. I expect him to move soon, maybe after next season, cause we all know where he would love to go and it seem he won't be able to after this season. :D

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I guess what I was saying is that I don't know if he is someone that Chelsea should build around anymore. Every team needs that identity of their star player, and I'm not convinced that Hazard is that player anymore.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Antonio conte is not the type of coach that builds a team around 1 player, mourinho did that with hazard and he succeeded and won the double but when hazard dropped form our team struggled really hard.

And selling a 25 year old who can turn around games when he is in form would be retarded.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I seriously don't know what Conte is doing. I assumed he'd play 3 at the back, he tried it for like one game and dropped it. His team is leaking goals. He has not had creativity going forward and the team is being outworked big time. There are several simply useless players lying around (e.g. Pedro) and even worse, I don't see any steps being taken to remedy the situation.

Like I was saying to Marcus, there are so many problems it's quite possible that the cause isn't as obvious as firing a manager or selling/keeping a struggling player. And because I don't know what that thing is, I can't really offer anything.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If i was Conte i would play with the traditional 4-4-2 with Michy alongside Costa to help, with Cesc-Hazard-Kante-Willian in midlefied Cesc playing just behind the attack with Hazard-Willian on the wing. Chelsea doesnt produce enough attacking threat to compete atm. Defensively there is nothing to do, keep working And wait for things to change.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@tiki_taka Yeah, I kind of like that formation. Would be nice to watch at least. :D

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

People are overthinking it, our problep is the defence and with zouma and terry back it should be fixed, conte's team's always build up play from the defence so thats why if the defence is shit you attack will suffer.

Also don't forget that conte needs time, even mourinho needs time after spending huge amount of money this transfer window i mean last week they lost 3-1 to watford and this week they destroyed leister.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Maybe we are over thinking but you only have 2 choices, build from the back And be tactically solid, but you should have specific players to apply it, or try to outscore the rival And then a traditional 4-4-2 with diamond midlefield or 4-3-3 with possession midlefield. Atm in my opinion Chelsea has the players to outscore rivals not to keep clean sheets. Defense is a complicated role any WC defender if he looses confidence could turn into a liability And any world class defense can concede many goals if They arent backed by their midlefield. Imo since Its complicated atm to stay solid, better go all in, in first games where Chelsea got last minute wins They paired Michy And Costa. Its a waste not helping Costa up front And also a waste to bench Michy, for what ? For a poor contribution midfielder.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Lol dynastian always playing Arsenal off completely. It's understandable though I guess