Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

(Documentary) For all Cristiano Ronaldo fans....."Cristiano Ronaldo - Tested to the Limit"
bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

Just what is it that makes Cristiano Ronaldo so good?
We all watch Ronaldo and are amazed by his tremendous skill and strength and of course his free-kick prowess. But now we can know what exactly makes him tick and the reasons behind his success with some help from science.

In this awesome documentary presented by Castrol Edge, scientists and forensic experts put Ronaldo (the brand ambassador of Castrol Edge) through a battery of extremely challenging tests to check every aspect of his game.
So how does Ronaldo fare in these tests? And is he really as good as we think he is? Or even better?

Watch the documentary to find out and get prepared to be blown away!

Ronaldo is tested on 4 aspects:
1) Body strength
2) Mental ability
3) Technique
4) Skill
The documentary here is split into 4 parts accordingly. Enjoy!

Comments

Part 1 - Body strength
In his first challenge Ronaldo faces Spanish 100m sprint champion Ángel David Rodríguez in a 25m straight sprint and zigzag sprint. The experts then perform a 3D scan of Ronaldo’s body and analyze his athletic physique. Following that is a test of Ronaldo’s explosive jumping ability and the technique that helps him achieve that. Turns out he can jump higher than an average NBA player!

Part 2 - Mental ability
The experts then use eye-tracker technology to delve into Ronaldo’s mind and examine exactly what he looks out for while trying to dribble past a player. Following that is a unique challenge …. Ronaldo is near the goal and the ball is crossed to him, all he has to do is put the ball into the net. Sounds simple? But what if the lights go off when the ball is just midway in the air? Or worse…. the lights go off when the ball is hardly hit by the person crossing? Can Ronaldo manage this seemingly impossible task?

Part 3 - Technique
The forensic experts then use motion tracker technology to analyze the technique that Ronaldo uses during his lethal free kicks and find out the science behind it. They also have a look at Ronaldo’s famous knuckleball kick with which he can fire the ball at a speed of 80 miles/hour! Watch Ronaldo shattering glass panes with his thunderous kicks!

Part 4 - Skill
In his final challenge Ronaldo has to get the ball past 3 zones whilst keeping the ball from being hit by snipers equipped with laser beam guns. Does he succeed in this final challenge? Enjoy as you are treated to a beautiful sight of stepovers, Cryuff turns and extremely fast footwork by one of the best athletes on the planet!

FootbalI 12 years ago
FC Copenhagen, Denmark 0 23

Awesome shit! Finally a really good post, thanks for sharing!

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Ohh yeah I've been waiting to see this!

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

he is great. really terminator.

JuanMata10 12 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Damn... that was sick how he broke the glasses, he is a BEAST

gembira97 12 years ago
Manchester United, Brazil 18 63

I already watched this but thanks for makes me watch it again

Poor Ronnie never gets acknowledged for his good qualities. I am very disappointed that he didn't win the FIFA Ballon d'Or. People out there are so biased towards Messi.

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

@bloodred1992 ,obrigado ;) much respect from iraq to portugal we all love cr7 and we hate messi :D

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

The second video was amazing.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@bloodred1992 I don't believe that people are biased towards Messi. Messi and Ronaldo are both great players in their own fashion, it's just that Messi's playing style and his team appeal more to people worldwide.

If Ronaldo leads Portugal to Euro 2012 glory it would be a great achievement for him and Portugal and Ronaldo could get one over Messi. Portugal have what it takes to win this year.
Don't think Messi could do something significant for Argentina, he can't do things alone. After all, football is a team's sport.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

bloodred ur comment is stupid then... ur talking about ronaldo taking portugal all the way and then u say messi couldnt do it cuz its a team sport? might want to rephrase urself cuz thats just a contradiction.

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

@dynastian98 its not appeal... ronaldo has the physical potential to be #1 but he isn't as smart on the pitch as messi and his attitude sucks, thats why people are drawn to messi more. 
lets see how many minuses I can get from this :) too many madrid fans on this website 

@raimondo I think I was clear when I said Portugal can win this year. I implied that Ronaldo had a better team to lead with the likes of Pepe, Postiga, Nani, Mereiles and so on. Argentina don't have many quality players.

MessiDona 12 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

..... ya argentina dont have any quality players other then tevez, aguero, di maria and higuain dumbass

@MessiDona What about defence? Having the best strikers is not enough. Remember how Germany thrashed them 4-0 in World Cup 2010? Clearly you didn't give this much thought. And it's really amusing that you are mentioning Tevez, a guy who hasn't played any match for nearly 3 months.

After watching Ronaldo's goal against the Czech Republic I thought of bringing back this post about my favourite athlete for all those who had missed it. Trust me guys, this is 45 minutes well spent!