Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Do you think De Gea will actually leave Manchester United?
KhaledAzizJr 9 years ago
Manchester United, Italy 40 610

I feel as if he might not due to the fact that he used to play for Atletico, but you never know. What do you guys think?

Comments
SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

He will leave, but it's looking more likely that United will hang onto him for his last year, which is the right play in my opinion if RM won't pay up. Of course, that means we need a good CL run this year.

TrapTrapInTheBando 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 1 116

Why would united wanna keep him? It's his final year we don't wanna let him go for free can we? Might as well sell him for a good £30m and get a good replacement maybe Lloris from Spurs.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yeah, he's going. Atletico - Real rivalry is massive now, but when De Gea was at the club it was one-way traffic. Real had not lost to Atletico since the 90's. It does not mean as much for De Gea going to Real as it would for, say, Koke. Madrid is also DDG's hometown and his family is there. It would make perfect sense for him to join Real.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Madrid are on elections and DDG was made by Perez as his main target, i think its United are in the strenght position for negotiations in this transfer, i also think United should play the reamaining year card because Madrid wont wanna wait one more year despite getting him for free. United are obviously in the strenght position despite Madrid harsh way of negotiating.

United Wants Ramos as an exchange, i dont know if Perez would be able to run this risk, Otamendi isnt signed yet, and i understand United wish to stop their best players escape to Madrid, getting Ramos in exchange is vital to United for 2 reasons, they need him so badly with his experience and leadership and also to give a balnce between those clubs, exchanging The rook with the knight, that would make things easier to swallow for fans and Clubs image.

DatGuy 9 years ago
Manchester United, United States 4 20

Last season, De Gea was worth about 9 to 12 premier league points to United with saves against Everton and Stoke being particularly memorable in helping secure victory. Take out 9 points and United will have finished on 61 points and in 6th place. Thus United gained 2.5 mil pounds on merit placement in the league (https://twitter.com/PLSpokesman/status/605841397543899136/photo/1).

Furthermore, by Champions League qualification (the play-offs still count as the Champions League), De Gea has ensured there is no risk of losing 23 million pounds off the World record sponsorship with adidas as this would have happened if we'd missed two CL's starting with the 15/16 season.(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11003145/Manchester-United-must-reach-Champions-League-within-two-seasons-of-start-of-Adidas-deal-or-face-23m-penalty.html).

Qualification this season was imperative as the team would have been under a lot of pressure in the 16/17 season, with much less transfer pull as what is/has attracted Darmian and Schneiderlin, and the pursuit of Otamendi/Ramos is champions league participation. There is also the likelihood that there would be a reduced interest from sponsors given the lack of European and worldwide exposure provided by CL. The EPL is big in many markets, true, but the champions league is important for companies that want to establish themselves in the European market i.e. Aeroflot Airlines and General Motors (GM).

Assuming United wins the play off (which they should) and for arguments sake are eliminated in the first knockout round having qualified with 10 points from the group (3Ws and a draw), they'll bank a total of 18 mil pounds from Uefa prize money alone (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League#Prize_money). I have not factored in tv money or stadium income as these are hard to calculate.

DatGuy 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, United States 4 20

Getting to the point, DDG is worth a lot more to United that the paltry 25-30 million that RM are offering/will offer. His saves have been crucial and while maybe Valdez would prove to be just as good, we are where we are thanks to him ceteris paribus. United should therefore hold him to his last year as per their contract agreement, or exert his full worth from Madrid with a compensation worthy of his importance. This is not factoring in the fact that rival clubs will be fully aware that United will be desperate for a goal keeper hence will hike up the price when negotiating.

Because of this factors, I'd rather United keep De Gea even if Ramos is included to sweeten the deal, but to answer your question, he'll leave mid August.

<end of very long post>

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Getting to the point, DDG is worth a lot more to United that the paltry 25-30 million that RM are offering/will offer. His saves have been crucial and while maybe Valdez would prove to be just as good, we are where we are thanks to him ceteris paribus. United should therefore hold him to his last year as per their contract agreement, or exert his full worth from Madrid with a compensation worthy of his importance. This is not factoring in the fact that rival clubs will be fully aware that United will be desperate for a goal keeper hence will hike up the price when negotiating.

Because of this factors, I'd rather United keep De Gea even if Ramos is included to sweeten the deal.

<end of very long post>

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

No doubt unfortunately.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

@traptrap The question becomes is it worth more to sell him for 20-30 mil or keep him for an extra year and get nothing? Right now the answer is tipping towards keeping him for another year if RM won't pay what he is worth. May as well get all we can out of him.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@SunFlash

If you keep him for an extra year, won't we be able to get him for free?

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yep. However, if you're not willing to pay what Utd thinks is worth for that single year, may as well use his talents for another year.

It brings up an interesting question, how much is a player worth over a year? Wages and potential factor into that. Right now, one year of De Gea is worth more than the 20 mil RM have (reportedly) offered for him.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@SunFlash

That is absurd. If one year of De Gea is worth 20, then four years of him would be worth 80. That is simply absurd. Madrid are offering a reasonable price for a player that has only one year remaining on his contract. For Christ's sake, we bought Kroos from a one-year contract for 25 Mil, and that was paying double his actual value at that point in time. De Gea at this moment in time is worth no more than 15 million Pounds.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Shrug. In the grand scheme of wages, (Rooney is on like 300k a week for heaven's sake) transfer fee's don't factor in a ton, especially for loaded clubs like United and Madrid. To put it in perspective, last year Rooney was being paid 300k, along with Falcao and Van Persie being paid 200k-something. WEEKLY. Just for a strike force that accomplished not even 20 goals combined last season.

Suddenly 20 million doesn't seem like a lot. The United strike force made over double that last year for 20-odd goals.

With how much money clubs have now, player value goes up. I suppose the way I should have phrased the question is not, how much is a player worth over a year, but instead, how much is a player worth to a team over a year?

tiki_taka 9 years ago

The funny part is that Valencia will play a big role, Ramos could leave only if Madrid signs Otamendi, and United who also were targetting Otamendi are making it now as plan B since Ramos arrival isnt impossible.
I think DDG is leaving this season anyway, Perez have a less glamorous plan B ( Espagnol GK, doesnt meant he is not good ), and the fans were singing << De Gea ! De Gea ! >> on Danilo presentation. Perez doesnt have any choice rather to sign the GK even for 40 Mil, the year contract doesnt matter because he cannot wait even for a year, even for free.

The situation is on United to take advantage in negotiation and asks for the price they want, Di Maria for instance didnt come for free and Madrid benefited from United last year situation to make them overpay so its just usual buisness here.

The player isnt talking or putting pressure, he knows he is a Madridista sooner or later but he lets his old club make value from him and its very logical considering how much they paid for him ( 25Mil ) and their good treatment.

United are loosing more than a player in the deal, they cant let Madrid pick up their main players anytime they want, so the resistance is more than logical, on the other hand if they could get Madrid Captain they will make a Huge communication and probably will benefit from his experience and leadership. ( Only my opinion )

I heard United targetting many Bayern players, they are right to pick up players from there, Bastian Sch.tiger is amazing and cheap considering his sportive worth, Bayern have many talented/experienced players in many posts, not all of them can play and many have been managed by LVG in his period at Bayern.

If i was United, i would sign some German players from Bayern, they are WC holders after all and BM is a real Football club who talk and breath Football, they have proffessional players who are anti-rockstar people ( Muller = Scholes = Xavi real proffesionals with a healthy life dedicated to their passion and team ).

Bastian, Gotze, Alaba... dont feel against a departure, and United is a wonderful place to land, United should benefit from their capital attractivity and do the right choices before its too late.

Im expecting United to do some good buisness here, what do you think of this guys about the possible signings ?

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

United should put a 50Mil pound price tag on DeGea. DatGuy has made all the points that needed to be made. Hopefully we can get a good replacement.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

<< Manchester United ask for Ramos and Navas in return for their Spanish goalkeeper.In addition to digging their heels in over the sale of David de Gea, Manchester United have now come up with an impossible counter demand - Sergio Ramos and Keylor Navas in exchange for their Spanish international keeper.

Behind this bold move is the strategy evolved by Ed Woodward, CEO at Manchester United, who has decided to treat the De Gea case as a personal issue.

After a year and a half during which time Manchester United have grown tired of making lots of increasingly attractive offers to De Gea for him to extend his contract, the United board are not prepared to let him go that easily or that quickly.

At Real Madrid, they are dismissive of the 2 for 1 proposal, as they are well aware that it is nothing more than a part of the negotiations which in due course will lead to De Gea playing for them.

Meanwhile, Louis van Gaal, who spoke in praise of his goalkeeper, still does not know if on Monday De Gea will be getting on the plane to the United States, where Manchester United will start their pre-season tour. Everything points to him not being on board.

Elsewhere, while the Iker Casillas deal which will take him to FC Porto is being sealed and the David de Gea affair with Manchester United rumbles on, Real Madrid are continuing to work on bringing in Kiko Casilla.

Their contacts with Espanyol have intensified over the past few hours, and Real Madrid are hoping to sign their goalkeeper as soon as they can. A few days ago, Real Madrid offered Espanyol over €3 million, which is not enough for the Catalan club.
Real Madrid are hoping to bring the deal in at around €6-8 million, still lower than Espanyol's price tag of €10 million. >>

Read more:Real Madrid: Ramos and Navas for De Gea: United want 2 for 1 - MARCA.com (English version)

The picture says it all, doesnt mean they fell suddently in love but Ramos is going nowhere now, i think he will get the pay raise he looked for and probably deserves.

• History

<< Manchester United ask for Ramos and Navas in return for their Spanish goalkeeper.

In addition to digging their heels in over the sale of David de Gea, Manchester United have now come up with an impossible counter demand - Sergio Ramos and Keylor Navas in exchange for their Spanish international keeper.

Behind this bold move is the strategy evolved by Ed Woodward, CEO at Manchester United, who has decided to treat the De Gea case as a personal issue.

After a year and a half during which time Manchester United have grown tired of making lots of increasingly attractive offers to De Gea for him to extend his contract, the United board are not prepared to let him go that easily or that quickly.

At Real Madrid, they are dismissive of the 2 for 1 proposal, as they are well aware that it is nothing more than a part of the negotiations which in due course will lead to De Gea playing for them.

Meanwhile, Louis van Gaal, who spoke in praise of his goalkeeper, still does not know if on Monday De Gea will be getting on the plane to the United States, where Manchester United will start their pre-season tour. Everything points to him not being on board.

Elsewhere, while the Iker Casillas deal which will take him to FC Porto is being sealed and the David de Gea affair with Manchester United rumbles on, Real Madrid are continuing to work on bringing in Kiko Casilla.

Their contacts with Espanyol have intensified over the past few hours, and Real Madrid are hoping to sign their goalkeeper as soon as they can. A few days ago, Real Madrid offered Espanyol over €3 million, which is not enough for the Catalan club.

Real Madrid are hoping to bring the deal in at around €6-8 million, still lower than Espanyol's price tag of €10 million. >>

Read more:Real Madrid: Ramos and Navas for De Gea: United want 2 for 1 - MARCA.com (English version)

<< Manchester United ask for Ramos and Navas in return for their Spanish goalkeeper.In addition to digging their heels in over the sale of David de Gea, Manchester United have now come up with an impossible counter demand - Sergio Ramos and Keylor Navas in exchange for their Spanish international keeper.

chooyaochuen 9 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

a matter of time...........

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Woodward needs to stop being an idiot and just let De Gea go already. It's getting frustrating and he's dragging this out for far too long. He has to realize that Madrid are the ones in power here, and they will get De Gea regardless of him trying to milk out some extra cash.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Dynastian, I expect that's exactly the attitude RM have towards the situation, and that's exactly they don't have him yet.

Remember, Madrid are not the team in question here. United is. A team that for the last few decades was part of the cream of world teams, and now is not. What does it say about the attempted recovery project if we let our best player go for 20 million? Nothing good. For all I care, if De Gea really wants to be in Madrid, he can be, in a year's time. For free, if it comes to that. But we will not have Madrid come in here and rip up this process.

Just look at EPL players that have gone to RM/Barca in the past few seasons, and look at what happened to the team they left behind. Suarez and Liverpool. Bale and Tottenham, which would have finished even further back then they did without the unforseen grace of Kane.

Let's flip this then. If Madrid's best player (Ronaldo) had one year left on his deal and pledged that he wanted to go to some other team, and said team offered about half to one-third of what he was actually worth, would you send him over? OF COURSE NOT.

Woodward is not an idiot by any means. He understand the politics of this game, and the worldwide brand of Manchester United that he has to protect, and not selling his best player for a very low sum is part of that.

I cannot understand how you do not see that.

TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

@SunFlash, completely agree mate! @Dynastian, sometimes it is best to tell a club like R. Madrid NO. And I don't think this is an issue of getting "extra cash" more than it is about pride. Your team shot themselves in the foot by selling Casillas so early in the transfer window, because now they are the desperate ones which gives United extra leverage ;)

• History

@Dynastian, sometimes it is best to tell a club like R. Madrid NO. And I don't think this is an issue of getting "extra cash" more than it is about pride. Your team shot themselves in the foot by selling Casillas so early in the transfer window, because now they are the desperate ones which gives United extra leverage ;)

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Madrid are in no position of power...They can get DeGea for free next year.

As for Casillas, I thought he reneged on the deal to Porto due to low salary. Did the deal actually go through?