Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Diving
Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

LOL In one of the stories I read that he said ref's were picking on him!

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

nuff said 

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

@Quikzyy, fuck off with your gay videos, didn't see you or any spurs fans posting videos when Cazorla dived against Swansea and against WBA, classless fool.

On topic, as a real Arsenal fan said on the Sunderland-Spurs highlights, unfortunately the Sunderland game wasn't a dive but reputation goes before a player.  If you dive once or twice in a short period of time then any time that player goes down with minimal contact there seen to be diving, the problem now being the referees feel that any time a player goes down it's either a foul or a booking which shouldn't be the case.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

To All spurs fans..
I know that feel guys..
Especially with Sergio Busqeuts.He does a lot of work in every game but no one gives a shit.because whatever he does he has the repututation of a diver.
As for a Bale,ok he dives sometimes but why everyone is reffering to his diving and no one to his skills,goals,assists,how much he helps his team etc?

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Well, because it's something we especially dislike, over here, DonAndres. I know it's considered more 'part of the game' in various places, but in the EPL it's something we really don't care for. As such, even great players can become disliked for such antics. Ronaldo used to be hated up and down the country for it, for example, but, thankfully for us all, he stopped doing it and started getting around players instead. Not long after, he became the best player in the league.

So, I too dislike seeing Bale do this, because it tarnishes our club. However, as the story notes, it's also quite often that he's actually been fouled, but reputation is influencing ref's unduly, and now he in particular has been punished unfairly. It's a tough one to solve.

Just wondered what everyone's take on the article is.

TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I might be in the minority on this one, but I really do not care if a player dives. Certainly I do not see it as a such a "disgrace" or "disrespect" that the media tries to portray it as, because I understand why it happens. Lets be honest, in an environment where winning at all cost is so essential and there are some players (especially wingers) that are much more prone to getting tackled that others, these things are bound to occur. Is it wrong? Of course, because it demonstrates unsportsmanlike conduct. But so does time-wasting and faking injuries. Same thing with "waving" an imaginary yellow card. Pundits make such a big deal on that issue too. Isn't yelling in the referee's face for a red card after a bad tackle the same thing as waving an imaginary card? I really don't get it. Just leave it to the referee to decide. That's what he is there to do. It's all part of the game and any effort to fully stop these actions are sure to backfire.

TheGame 11 years ago

@lodatz, Ronaldo was diving WHILE he was the best player in the world. Remember the 07/08 season, in which he won the Ballon d'Or for? And this whole talk of diving ruining Spur's reputation is frankly nonsense. My opinion of Bale, as a player, has not changed before and after his diving antics. He is going to pay the price for his actions with the ban, but why should that make Tottenham a less respected club?

Lodatz 11 years ago

Nah, I think he cleaned it up, to be honest. I remember he took his fair share of kicks, but the difference between when he was a new kid on the block and when he was the league-beater, was that as a kid he would fall over. The Ronaldo that won the Ballon d'Or would charge through it, and lay on a super ball/shot (and exact better revenge, as a result).

I actually noticed the same development from Messi. A few years ago, you'd see him going down as often as Alves. Nowadays, he seems determined to stay on his feet, and I think that evolution in his play has taken him to the top plateau, same as with Ronnie.

As for diving itself, fair enough -- it's a matter of opinion, and I wasn't trying to speak for all. But from every crowd I've watched football with, over my life, either in a stadium, pub or living room, the one thing that pisses the crowd off is diving. Not going down easily, but actual diving in an attempt to deceive the referee. I guess I see it as knowing that you can't play your way out of whatever situation it is, so trying to gain a non-football advantage through lying. Can't really square that with myself, even to 'win'.

I am speaking for myself only, but, I really hate to see it, and I do feel embarrassed when a Spurs (or England) player does it. I'd rather my club were known for playing fairly, and winning (if they can) the 'right' way, than known as one which will play Silly Buggers. 

TheGame 11 years ago

@Lodatz, I for myself don't particularly like to see diving, but I don't really get angry if I do see it. Mainly because the players seem to pay the price for it (reputation wise, or bans) in the long run. It's interesting how you mentioned Messi and how he has become more determined as a player. When you gain the confidence, I don't think you'll need diving as part of your repertoire. Hopefully Young and Suarez learn their lessons as well. 

Lodatz 11 years ago

That's my hope too, for the same reason. :)

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Why doing a fuckshit post over and over again? Well all know that divers are at almost every club. And they're not supported by coaches and any other players.

It is only the player who can decide who he can dive, unfortunately some of them are doing it more. Especially Barça Madrid and English, apparently they've got nothing to do else.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

diving is part of the game already if you cant stand it then you better stop watching football

Lodatz 11 years ago

@PuppetMaster: Isn't that what we used to say about bone-crunching tackles, and going in studs-up? That it's just part of the game? Compared to 30 years ago, the game now has hardly any contact -- for better or worse.

The game can change, is all I'm saying, if enough people want it to.

Falconryman1 11 years ago
Arsenal 1 161

Bale is a fantastic player, but he needs to get diving out of his game. Like Drogba, he was one of the best strikers around but not many people liked him because of his diving habits. I didn't like it when Cazorla dived against WBA. There was a tiny bit of contact between but it wasn't enough to bring him down, and i hope he never dives like that again. Bale would be a much better player if he were to stop diving so much.

TheGame 11 years ago

How does diving degrade you as a footballer though? It doesn't. Santi might lose respect, but i bet people would love to have him over worse players with no diving habits. I mean if you are looking at these people as role models then you have a surprise coming your way.

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

ashley young is the worst 

xFarghaly 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 17 78

Gale is an amazing player, but people dont respect as much as they should because of his diving, I heard he dived 5 times last year. Alot of managers need to start acting against diving coming from their own team, just like Sir Alex did after Young's last dive. Also Wenger he should have taken an act for Santi's dive, that dive made me really sad as i thought about the people about to hate on him for a horrific dive inside the box, he brought it upon himself.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

It's Bale ya ahbal ;P (talking to xFarghaly in Arabic. He's my friend in real life).

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Loladz i think there's huge difference between one Cazorla dive and Bale, i respect him as a footballer u know but that wasn't his only dive ;)

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

^^^^ a comment that shows you dont really understand football but just watch. these attacking players are kicked and targeted most games and injuries can happen due to this. it is common sense to know that these players will try and protect themselves. bale against villa is a good example. he anticipates he is about to be kicked in leg very hard, so he jumps out of way. the match reation confirms this. what carzoli did was much worse imo. the kick happened and it missed carzoli but he still dived. and then disgustingly rolled around crying on the floor. that was the worst dive i have seen in the last 10 years because of all that. i havent seen many Spurs matches lately so i not know of other dives you said he does. can you put them on here so i can judge and not just have my opinion based on your very bias a view?