Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Diego Costa to Arsenal
faith14 10 years ago
Arsenal 5 38

Arsenal are continuing to watch Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa, with the Brazilian goal machine carrying a £32million release clause
Arsenal are looking to bolster their frontline in January, with a lot of responsibility on Olivier Giroud's shoulders so far this season.
Costa has scored 22 goals in 21 games this season for the side from the capital, including 17 goals in 16 games in La Liga, level with Cristiano Ronaldo.
Arsenal have identified Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa as a potential January target as they look to keep one step ahead of their rivals in the Premier League.

Comments
Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Why would Costa leave a club where he could actually win trophies?!

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Atletico are pushing for the title. I don't see him leaving in January.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

@ Wolfie, also Arsenal are after a trophy, we are top even though we have been without a decent striker for almost half the season. If Costa does come Arsenal I guarantee you we will likely come really close to being champions or even be champions. Giroud is crap thats the reason we cannot turn up to big matches. I\'ll say Arsenal and Atletico Madrid are equally fair sides. I was hoping Arsenal would get Atletico Madrid in the UCL to see who is a better team...

FredTilson 10 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

A few problems I see:
1) Costa struggled really hard at Atletico to establish himself and from all public accounts, really loves Simeone. He hadn't scored more than 10 league goals before this season AFAIK. So he may have more affinity for Atletico than Aguero/Forlan/Torres did.

2) Atletico almost never sell their players for cheap so Wenger would have to pay a substantial sum for him. He did it when no one was expecting for Ozil, will he be willing to do that again? We'll have to see. Also, almost all talented South American players have some third party ownership etc. involved. If it is, in Costa's case, then Arsenal would have to buy that out too since it isnt allowed in England pushing up the price further.

3) January will almost certainly not happen. CL Cup tied plus crucial for Atletico's season. I don't think they'll listen to offers before the summer.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ Good point Fred.

4) Atletico is qualified for Cl and could reach quarters easily, so Costa will never leave knowing he cant play Cl with Gunners this year and probably not in his best year in his career.

A player can play CL with only 1 team per season, thats why all important transfers are made in the summer.
Falcao is an exeption since Monaco are not qualified for CL.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Oh Arsenal you wanted him... But Giroud is better anyways.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

^ I smell a new chant is coming to the Bridge....

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

hahaahah I love how much staff this forum has stored hahaha

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

LOOOOL I love when someone find these old hilarious threads! Arsenal, I know you want him but Costa is a Chelsea player now.

Jimbet 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

u need to start reading our transfer rumors during transfer season.. search this on google.. goonernews

we are link with EVERYONE during transfers.. IBRA , swap Walcott with MESSI , even RONALDO(CR7).. u just name it..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

u need to start reading our transfer rumors during transfer season.. search this on google.. goonernews

we are link with EVERYONE during transfers.. IBRA swap Walcott with MESSI even RONALDO(CR7).. u just name it..