Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Diego Costa - Its Beginning
Comments
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Great match. Cesc and Costa were phenomenal while players like Oscar, Matic and Ivanovic were great, but for me, Hazard was the MOTM. He was so freaking deadly every time he had the ball. The defense couldn't figure out how to stop him.

netsten 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Oh man, I agree so much, Hazard is like the guy in the shadow when you look at the stats, but he was deadly every time he had the ball, as you say.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Oh man, I agree so much, Hazard was like the guy in the shadow when you look at the stats, but he was deadly every time he had the ball, as you say.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Hazard was the spark we needed. He stepped up his game late in the first half and because of the pressure on Swansea, we managed to score. People looking at the stats shouldn't judge players if they didn't watch the full 90. Hazard was my man of the match too. Schurlle was poor and Terry/Cahill have a lot of room for improvement. Also, it is delightful to watch Hazard and Fabregas play together. The second goal was all them. Oscar needs to be more hungry in front of goal and possibly use more power. Azpi and Brana were great and Matic was okay. Ramires is a bit of a mess for Brazil (mainly because Brazil is a mess atm) but he's a tank for Chelsea. Same with Costa.

We need to be more hungry for possession as well. The first 30 were all Swansea. Improvement in defence and our goalscoring form can compete for the treble.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki come on mate , you back on the same topic .

Fabregas is not a product of "Spain" . He grew up with golden generation of Arsenal . In fact move to Barca kind of slowed his growth .

And Costa , with midfield that we have he is exactly what striker supposed to do . So, far surprised us hence we did not expect such a great start for him .

So far we are outscoring our opponents but defense is little worry . We can't be conceding such goals ! All of those goals were complete lack of concentration and they could have been easily avoided .

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited

To be fair to the defense, they were just coming back from international breaks and had to face a very determined and inform Swansea. If they mess up again vs. a club like ManCity - who we are facing next week - then we can begin to worry.

• History

To be fair to the defense, they were just coming back from international breaks and had to face an very determined and inform Swansea.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

^

I think Mourinho will put in the hard yards defending in training. 6 conceded in 4 games is not good enough.

The attackers don't mind the current scores it but I'd win 2-0 or 3-0 than 4-2 and 6-3

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Fabregas is a mixture. He possesses both Spanish and English styles within his game. Costa is an entirely Spanish-style player. Iniesta is also Spanish-style, whereas Ronaldo and Bale are almost entirely English-style.

billywalendom 10 years ago
21 186

For those of you who dont know, he is like suarez in the way that they r skillful beasts yet huge cunts. Check his background in la liga including monkey chants at kondogbia.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynastian I think Costa is made for the EPL for his physicality.

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^Milan fan:

awais007 10 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Pure Striker touch. Stamford Bridge get their new Star

awais007 10 years ago

when Chelsea was 1 goal down than Hazard step up and make the change and than costa effect make the difference

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Marcus, you probably never watch Barça games outside Clasico and CL, the only way you can say things like this.
First of all, Fabregas wasnt a flop, some players were just better than him, its not that complicated to understand, like the case of Mata for Chelsea if you can understand it that way.
Fabregas stepped a level at Barça at the opposite of what you say, he learned the high level expectations of victory each week and the pressure of result, he saw his limits in big competitions and he is actually at his peak that he never reached this level before.
I have said this before he turns to PL best assister, because its reality, saying that his progression stopped at Barça is a proof that you only think subjectively, cant use logic or anything. ( Like for Messi case - Barça hate....etc)

Its complicated to be the main player of a team, move to a team where you need to prove yourself first before being recognized, many players faced it at Barça like Henry, Zlatan...
Some couldnt match the level like Song or Hleb, and some only got the recognition after leaving Barça like Toure, Barça is one of the most dificult places to shine individually in Europe...
I say this not because im a Barça fan, but because its reality, you are one of those that claims that Busquests is overrated, its totally the opposite again, Busquets benched Yaya at Barça, im not saying he is better than Toure but he fits better for Barça.

• History

@Marcus, you probably never watch Barça games outside Clasico and CL, the only way you can say things like this.
First of all, Fabregas wasnt a flop, some players were just better than him, its not that complicated to understand, like the case of Mata for Chelsea if you can understand it that way.
Fabregas stepped a level at Barça at the opposite of what you say, he learned the high level expectations of victory each week and the pressure of result, he saw his limits in big competitions and he is actually at his peak that he never reached this level before.
I have said this before he turns to PL best assister, because its reality, saying that his progression stopped at Barça is a proof that you only think subjectively, cant use logic or anything. ( Like for Messi case - Barça hate....etc)

Its complicated to be the main player of a team, move to a team where you need to prove yourself first before being recognized, many players faced it at Barça like Henry, Zlatan...
Some couldnt match the level like Song or Hleb, and some only got the recognition after leaving Barça like Toure, Barça is one of the most dificult places to shine individually in Europe...
I say this not because im a Barça fan, but because its reality, you are one of those that claims that Busquests is overrated, its totally the opposite again, Busquets benched Yaya at Barça, im not saying he is better than Toure but he fits better for Barça.

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

And best way to show Costa's stats:

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

And down there is Torres :D

• History

Any down there is Torres :D

awais007 10 years ago

hahaha @croatiafan

Vendetta 10 years ago

Also...

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Costa-Fabregas has been one of the best duos of european football. And both of them two years ago were benched by their clubs.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

I actually want Ramiers to start with Matic in the CDM role, with Fab at 10 and Oscar on the right. Thats only if he keeps his good form or Schurlle doesn't gain form.