Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Didier Deschamps slams Benzema for liking this Instagram post
alferroa 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

Benzema has been out of the France squad since October 2015 and is yet again snubbed by Deschamps’ squad, Deschamps even labeled Benzema “pathetic” for liking the this Instagram picture:

It is a picture of Benzema’s skill during the Athletico game where he went past three Atletico defenders, but this time, the face of the Athletico players were replaced by the heads of Deschamps, Giroud, and Valls, the former Prime Minister of France, and Benzema liked the picture.

Deschamps didn’t like this, he said:

"It's pitiful, I would say only one word - it's pathetic…For me, I have always thought a squad comes before everything. I always make decisions for the good of the French national team. I always talk with my technical staff before I announce a squad. I have always done that, I am changing nothing." (ESPN)

Benzema even liked this picture back in March:

What do you think? Should Benzema be recalled to France?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Benzema has been out of the France squad since October 2015 and is yet again snubbed by Deschamps’ squad, while even labeling Benzema “pathetic” for liking the this Instagram picture:

It is a picture of Benzema’s skill during the Athletico game where he went past three Atletico defenders, but this time, the face of the Athletico players were replaced by the heads of Deschamps, Giroud, and Valls, the former Prime Minister of France, and Benzema liked the picture.

Deschamps didn’t like this, he said:

"It's pitiful, I would say only one word - it's pathetic…For me, I have always thought a squad comes before everything. I always make decisions for the good of the French national team. I always talk with my technical staff before I announce a squad. I have always done that, I am changing nothing." (ESPN)

Benzema even liked this picture back in March:

What do you think? Should Benzema be recalled to France?

Comments
liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i don't know why deschamps is making abig deal of it! its not his business. and benzema isn't the only arrogant player there is in the world. if its his personality then leave it to him!

alferroa 7 years ago

@liomessi10 Yeah man I agree, maybe France can win Euro 2016 if Benzema was there, lol

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^also lacazette.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

benzema allegedly tried to blackmail valbuena , im sure that this is the main reason he will not play under deschamps. whether it happened or not there is bad blood

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He [Deschamps] has bowed to the pressure of a racist part of France. He has to know that in France the extremist party reached the second round in the last two elections. - Karim Benzema

Deschamps, he has a really French name. Maybe he is the only one in France to have a truly French name. Nobody in his family mixed with anybody, you know. Like the Mormons in America. So I’m not surprised he used the situation of Benzema not to take him. Especially after [Manuel] Valls [the French prime minister] said he should not play for France. - Eric Cantona

There you go. Both Karim and Cantona believe Didier Deschamps is racist and intentionally not picking Ribery, Benzema, and Ben Arfa for being Muslim. Additionally, Benzema was accused of blackmail but him and Valbuena spoke over the issue and solved it. It sounded like the blackmail accusation was indeed just an accusation.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^true i have heard it too, many players have said that there is a lot of racism in the france frederation.
Maybe tiki knows something about it.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Dynastian It's very suspicious isn't it? France had many issues with some of their players for being Muslims (I heard Frank converted to Islam when I was younger, not sure how accurate). There was the Ribery/Benzema scandal in 2010 which was around the World Cup season, as well as the altercation with Anelka, who also happens to be Muslim, during the 2010 world cup. Oh Samir Nasir, too...

I have an Algerian friend who told me a lot about France and racism. He said that in France, the stereotype for blacks is that they either become drug dealers or footballers, while in North America they're either drug dealers or rappers. I don't know man, I'd say @Tiki has some answers.

Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

Apart from being Muslims, all of Ribery, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Nasri are troublemakers, have quite bad attitude(c*nts to put it simply)
That might have something to do with it?

Madridista11 7 years ago Edited

You're acting as if none of those things were not mentioned already. But still, most of those were accusations that were not necessarily proven to be true.

• History

You're acting as if none of those things were mentioned already. But still, most of those were accusations that were not necessarily proven to be true.

Madridista11 7 years ago

I'm not the type to pull the racist/bigot card, but I know discrimination when I see it.

Madridista11 7 years ago

In fairness, it is also worth mentioning that Pogba, Diarrather, and Kante are not facing any public issues with the FA from what I know... So I guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Benzema didnt blackmail Valbuena, he knew someone who was linked to it. In France you are innocent until justice proves the opposite.
And what make it even weird is that we had politicians guilty or under justice researches bein able to represent themselves and even to go to the end of the election, we got a handball player judged guilty with his brother and wife: Nicolas Karabatic and Lucas Karabatic who after winning the league bet on their team to loose against the bottom team. They still played the Euro.

Imo Deschamps is scared of media reactions and the talks about France national squad if Benz get called. And that's 100% French media are racist.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

lol Deschamps racist? I doubt it. I think it has more to do with him just not liking Benzema, Ben Arfa etc. and their attitudes in particular. If he was racist he wouldn't nominate a squad consisting of 70% black players, some of them being Muslim as well.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Benz atitude Is Really good, he first welcomed Griezmann at Madrid showing him secrets of longevity at High level, welcomed Varane, loved by all his coaches and president, faces criticism with class and each time we think he won't stand up from an issue he responds on the pitch...
Karim Is acused of not singing " La Marseillaise " national anthem, but Platini never sing it too nor Zidane. There is à mix between Arabic hate and success jealousy arround this issue when I ask my friends in addition to Benz having some off form before WC 2014. He was best player of WC and still blamed for French exit vs Germany.
French press treatment is unbelievable, they sell a lot of paper on just rumors, if he had an accident with his Ferrari, all the haters slams him for no reason, then if he wishes to Algeria good luck in a tournament, the world slams him...
Just to make it clear, Deschamps is not a racist, he is a coward, he feared controversy arround Benzema and decided to take him far from national duties, France/Algeria issues aren't like other African countries issues, these countries were in a long and deadly war that seen Algeria take their independence from France. Grandparents participated to it from both sides and it's still fresh History so it's not comparable to other African origin players playing in Les Bleus.

Benzema has 0 red card and few yellows his whole career, try to find a pitch issue he was involved in, only one.

Okay so in your opinion why Mehdi Benatia choose Morocco and why Ryad Mahrez choose Algeria ? While both only spent few days in their lives in those countries...
There is a problem there since 2001, French press took another trajectory, Burkini and Benzema do the first pages for no reason.

When he was recognized innocent nobody write a thing on that, that doesnt sell. When he played amazing in CL all Europe talked about it except French media where there is competition on who will slams him the most.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@JuanMata

If France left out all the black players in their nation, they wouldn't even qualify for the World Cup. Deschamps can leave out all the Arab/Muslim players and completely get away with it because there's only a handful of them.

On another note, imagine how insanely good African nations would be if all these African-French players chose their African nation over France. :D

alferroa 7 years ago

@Tiki Thanks for that insight man, clears a lot for me.

Madridista11 7 years ago Edited

@Dynastian Preach!

Edit: Not to mention that some African countries are already good. Ghana in 2010, and Algeria and Ivory Coast now. Having all of the black players back from Europe like Jerome Boateng, David Alaba and 80% of the French squad would make African football so much better.

• History

@Dynastian Preach!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@JuanMata From what I seem to understand, religion look a lot more important in Europe for some people than colors, especially in France, might be wrong on that though. Anyway, your comment reminded me this pic: enter image description here

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Lol guys we still have couple of white players, this is a result of youth formation policy, since PL started buying big, French clubs look for physical profiles since a young age to sell them later to England. Griezmann, Ribery And Valbuena all came from amator clubs or changed country to find a club. I don't want to think how many Xavi-Iniesta we refused at the age of 14 yo, but that's another issue we already talked about.

Ty Ferro.

alferroa 7 years ago

@Emobot7 XD that picture lol