Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Did Manchester United intentionally sabotage Da Geas transfer to Real Madrid?
Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

"If claims of Louis van Gaal being delighted with the way the transfer window went are correct, it is hard to believe hanging on to his No1 was not the plan" - The Guardian
Read full: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/05/david-de-gea-manchester-united-accident-transfer-window

"Was David De Gea's Real Madrid move intentionally blocked by Man United?" - ESPN FC.
Read Full: http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2598412/did-man-united-sabotage-david-de-gea-move

It certainly seems that way. First they sabotage the transfer, then Van Gaal decides to bench him unless he signs a new contract. Knowing De Gea's ambition to play in the upcoming Euro's, it seems like Manchester United is blackmailing him. Especially following comments by Vicende del Bosque that it would be hard to play Da Gea if he does not get regular playing time. Even though he had no problem playing Casillas while he was benched at Real.. but that is another issue altogether.

Some know that I am a supporter of Real, but I'm really not at all being biased about this. At this point, I could not care less about Da Gea, or his impending arrival. I think we have a very good shot-stopper in Keylor Navas, who is only going to get better as he gets more playing time and builds his confidence. His performance against Betis was truly top class.

Is this the right way to treat a player though? I am trying not to sound hypocritical, as I am aware that Real Madrid has mistreated players in the past but not this way. The problem Real Madrid was that we didn't field players who wanted to play for us or we forced out players who wanted to stay. We've never forced anyone to play or stay with us, or to sign a contract who did not want to - which is precisely what United seems to be doing to Da Gea. To treat a player, who had been their standout performer for two seasons in a row, like this is just very wrong.

I've read opinions and comments from many United supporters saying how they love him, and how they only want the best for him.. if that's the case though, why not grant him his wish?

This is not love, nor is it support. It's simply overwhelming need for his talent, even to the point of forcing and blackmailing him to stay. Threatening to severely hurt his career.

Bad, bad move United. How far you've fallen..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

"If claims of Louis van Gaal being delighted with the way the transfer window went are correct, it is hard to believe hanging on to his No1 was not the plan" - The Guardian
Read full: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/05/david-de-gea-manchester-united-accident-transfer-window

"Was David De Gea's Real Madrid move intentionally blocked by Man United?" - ESPN FC.
Read Full: http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2598412/did-man-united-sabotage-david-de-gea-move

It certainly seem that way. First they sabotage the transfer, then Van Gaal decides to bench him unless he signs a new contract. Knowing De Gea's ambition to play in the upcoming Euro's, it seems like Manchester United is blackmailing him. Especially following comments by Vicende del Bosque that it would be hard to play Da Gea if he does not get regular playing time. Even though he had no problem playing Casillas while he was benched at Real.. but that is another issue altogether.

Some know that I am a supporter of Real, but I'm really not at all being biased about this. At this point, I could not care less about Da Gea, or his impending arrival. I think we have a very good shot-stopper in Keylor Navas, who is only going to get better as he gets more playing time and builds his confidence. His performance against Betis was truly top class.

Is this the right way to treat a player though? I am trying not to sound hypocritical, as I am aware that Real Madrid has mistreated player in the past but not this way. The problem Real Madrid was that we didn't field players who wanted to play for us. We've never forced anyone to play or stay with us, or to sign a contract - which is precisely what United seems to be doing to Da Gea. To treat a player, who had been their standout performer for two seasons in a row, like this is just very wrong.

I've read opinions and comments from many United supporters saying how they love him, and how they only want the best for him.. if that's the case though, why not grant him his wish?

This is not love, nor is it support. It's simply overwhelming need for his talent, even to the point of forcing and blackmailing him to stay. Threatening to severely hurt his career.

Bad, bad move United.

It certainly seems that way. First they sabotage the transfer, then Van Gaal decides to bench him unless he signs a new contract. Knowing De Gea's ambition to play in the upcoming Euro's, it seems like Manchester United is blackmailing him. Especially following comments by Vicende del Bosque that it would be hard to play Da Gea if he does not get regular playing time. Even though he had no problem playing Casillas while he was benched at Real.. but that is another issue altogether.

Is this the right way to treat a player though? I am trying not to sound hypocritical, as I am aware that Real Madrid has mistreated player in the past but not this way. The problem Real Madrid was that we didn't field players who wanted to play for us. We've never forced anyone to play or stay with us, or to sign a contract - which is precisely what United seems to be doing to Da Gea. To treat a player, who had been their standout performer for two seasons in a row, like this is just very wrong.

Bad, bad move United.

Is this the right way to treat a player though? I am trying not to sound hypocritical, as I am aware that Real Madrid has mistreated players in the past but not this way. The problem Real Madrid was that we didn't field players who wanted to play for us or we forced out players who wanted to stay. We've never forced anyone to play or stay with us, or to sign a contract who did not want to - which is precisely what United seems to be doing to Da Gea. To treat a player, who had been their standout performer for two seasons in a row, like this is just very wrong.

Bad, bad move United.

Comments
Heisinburg 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

First of all, all those sources you got are completely unreliable. I mean, seriously, The Guardian? ESPN FC???

Did you not hear that La Liga officials haven't received any paperwork from your shady club, regarding David De Gea, throughout the entire transfer season, until the very last minute???

This indicates that Real Madrid are either gonna try and, once again, steal another top player from our club, or just wait for another entire season to get him for free.United didn't sabotage anything, all we wanted was to keep our best players, and you didn't do anything about it until the very last minute, and worst of all, you tried to compromise the deal by stealing De Gea, while keeping Navas, which was totally against what we both agreed upon. Bad move? Fk you.

This entire De Gea saga, including that four-eyed c**t Perez, clearly revealed Real Madrid's true colors.
Badly handled or not, we clearly want De Gea to be happy, but in the real world, one man's not bigger than the club, so business is business - and Real Madrid didn't pay the price we've asked for - so get fked.

Here's a true source, from the CLUB website itself, showing Real Madrid's hypocrisy.

Manchester United notes Real Madrid’s statement on the attempt to sign David De Gea and sell Navas to Manchester United. The club feels compelled to provide some clarification with the following facts.

• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell.

• No offer was received for David until yesterday.

• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 20:42 BST. David’s documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 22:32 BST.

• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk. - Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

• At this point Navas’ documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

• At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

• It is our understanding that the deals couldn’t happen because:

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

• The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.

Source: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Sep/manchester-united-statement-in-response-to-real-madrid-comments-on-david-de-gea-transfer.aspx

• History

First of all, all those sources you got are completely unreliable. I mean, seriously, The Guardian? ESPN FC???

Did you not hear that La Liga officials haven't received any paperwork from your shady club, regarding David De Gea, throughout the entire transfer season, until the very last minute???

This indicates that Real Madrid are either gonna try and, once again, steal another top player from our club, or just wait for another entire season to get him for free.

United didn't sabotage anything, all we wanted was to keep our best players, and you didn't do anything about it until the very last minute, and worst of all, you tried to compromise the deal by stealing De Gea, while keeping Navas, which was totally against what we both agreed upon. Bad move? Fk you. This entire De Gea saga, including that four-eyed c**t Perez, clearly revealed Real Madrid's true colors.

Badly handled or not, we clearly want De Gea to be happy, but in the real world, one man's not bigger than the club, so business is business - and Real Madrid didn't pay the price we've asked for - so get fked.

Here's a true source, from the CLUB website itself:

Manchester United notes Real Madrid’s statement on the attempt to sign David De Gea and sell Navas to Manchester United. The club feels compelled to provide some clarification with the following facts.

• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell.

• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 20:42 BST. David’s documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 22:32 BST.

• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

• Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

• At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

• The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.

Source: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Sep/manchester-united-statement-in-response-to-real-madrid-comments-on-david-de-gea-transfer.aspx

This indicates that Real Madrid are either gonna try and, once again, steal another top player from our club, or just wait for another entire season to get him for free.United didn't sabotage anything, all we wanted was to keep our best players, and you didn't do anything about it until the very last minute, and worst of all, you tried to compromise the deal by stealing De Gea, while keeping Navas, which was totally against what we both agreed upon. Bad move? Fk you.

This entire De Gea saga, including that four-eyed c**t Perez, clearly revealed Real Madrid's true colors.

Here's a true source, from the CLUB website itself, showing Real Madrid's hypocrisy.

• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk. - Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Alright.

You're taking what United said as the complete truth and it's never as simple as that. The fact is that United held on to the documentation for 8 hours and then sent it back. The problem, as mentioned above in your post, was not Da Gea. The documentation for Da Gea was finished, from both sides. Yet Manchester United is "ONLY" talking about the documentation of Da Gea, neglecting to mention that the papers for Keylor Navas arrived at 00:00, leaving absolutely NO TIME for Real Madrid to submit the papers to LFP.

Don't forget, the completion of Navas' paperwork was a clause in the contract between Real Madrid and Manchester United regarding Da Gea. Even though that paperwork was finished in time, the whole thing was nullified because Navas' transfer was not completed.

Here's the statement from Real Madrid:

1) Manchester United didn't open negotiations for the registration rights to David De Gea until yesterday morning.

2) Despite the difficulties associated with completing a deal of this type on the final day of registration, Real Madrid agreed to enter into these talks.

3) When Manchester United entered into these negotiations yesterday morning they did so subject to being able to reach an agreement with Real Madrid player Keylor Navas, in order that he would join the British club from this season, and informed us that they were in contact with the representatives of said player.

4) Real Madrid and Manchester United arrived quickly at an agreement for the transfers of both players. After the editing of the relevant contractual documents and with the intention of proceeding with enough time to get everything sent to the Transfer Matching System of FIFA (TMS) as well as his registration with the Spanish Football League (LFP), Real Madrid re-sent the contracts to Manchester United at 13:39 Spanish time.

5) Manchester United sent back their comments on said contracts eight hours later, at 21:43 Spanish time, including small modifications. Due to not being relevant, all of the modifications were accepted immediately by Real Madrid with the intention of being able to register the player on time in the TMS and with the LFP.

I've got the Key: Navas deal WAS agreed
6) Real Madrid, having obtained the signatures of David De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent back to the English club the signed contracts at 23:32 Spanish time, waiting to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

7) Manchester United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time and it was at this time that the contracts were sent to the player to be signed.

The fax of the matter: Madrid were left waiting by United
8) Manchester United entered into the TMS all the information for the De Gea deal, but not those for Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, sending back to Real Madrid at the same time the signed transfer contracts. Real Madrid received the completed documentation at 00:02 and tried to access the TMS, but found it to already be closed.

9) At 00:26 Spanish time the FIFA computer system, TMS, invited Real Madrid to fill in the details for David De Gea, given that the registration period in England continues to be open until today. Real Madrid, with the prospect of some contention over the transfer of the player had they not submitted their paperwork, decided to send the contracts to the LFP - even knowing that the period had expired.

Waiting game: United took too long to process paperwork, claim Madrid
10) Definitively, Real Madrid had done everything necessary, at all times, to ensure that these two transfers happened.

Source: Real Madrid home page.

You're saying your FA backs you up? The chairman of La Liga also came out and backed up Real Madrids account of what happened.

Regardless, you have to look at this from a different perspective. Not from what both of these clubs said, but from what they both have to 'gain or lose' from all this.

Do you think it is a coincidence that somehow, Manchester United opened the negotiations on the very last day and sent the required paperwork to Real Madrid on the very last minute?

It was always clear that Manchester United did NOT want Da Gea to leave. They had offered him a contract extensions on a few different occasions, and every single time he refused. Even though he was offered more money that he would be getting at Real, he still refused.

And now, somehow there is a clerical error that nullifies the deal and Da Gea ends up staying at United? All the while knowing that the Euro's are coming up, and that he would be forced to play AND give it his best in order to represent his Country at such a prestigious tournament.

So what does Van Gaal do? He won't let him play unless he signs a contract? This is transparent, my friend. TRANSPARENT. I don't care if Da Gea ends up at Real Madrid or not, I just hope he leaves that club because they are treating him like this.

For all I care, he can go back to Athletico. He'll still be back in Madrid. But he should have no business with such an abusive club. He gets them the fourth spot and into the Champions League, and this is how they repay him - by forcing him to either stay with the club and sign a contract, or completely destroy his chances of playing at the Euro.

What does Real Madrid have to gain from all this? NOTHING. All transfer window, and the season prior, they were known admirers of Da Gea. The only Galactico signing that would come to Real Madrid this year, and we know how Perez loves those.

But you know what? Manchester United can play these dirty games as much as they like. I'm sure Da Gea is an intelligent person. If he does sign a deal, I'm sure he will put in a clause that he would have to be sold to a certain clubs if they match a certain transfer fee. I can bet you that he's not nearly as dumb, or as blind as some of you United fans are, that he cannot see what the club is doing.

Now I do understand wanting to support your club no matter what, but don't do it when they do something that is as morally ambiguous as this. I've had the highest respect for United before this transfer window. I swear to you, I put that on my skin. This though really has made the club revolting for me.. I bet it is all Van Gaal's fault, this. Probably his idea. He's ruining the image of Manchester United, and you guys are just standing by letting it happen. You'd think Liverpool would be a good cautionary tale for you guys.

Further, before you start telling me that neither of these two news companies I mentioned have any credibility (even though I have to disagree), all they are talking about is 'conjecture'. Theory. Only because that is how it appears. There is no need to discuss their credibility if they are only talking in theory about the outcome of what has happened, taking into account only what is generally accepted by the football world to have happened.

• History

Alright.

You're taking what United said as the complete truth and it's never as simple as that. The fact is that United held on to the documentation for 8 hours and then sent it back. The problem, as mentioned above in your post, was not Da Gea. The documentation for Da Gea was finished, from both sides. Yet Manchester United is "ONLY" talking about the documentation of Da Gea, neglecting to mention that the papers for Keylor Navas arrived at 00:00, leaving absolutely NO TIME for Real Madrid to submit the papers to LFP.

Don't forget, the completion of Navas' paperwork was a clause in the contract between Real Madrid and Manchester United regarding Da Gea. Even though that paperwork was finished in time, the whole thing was nullified because Navas' transfer was not completed.

Here's the statement from Real Madrid:

1) Manchester United didn't open negotiations for the registration rights to David De Gea until yesterday morning.

2) Despite the difficulties associated with completing a deal of this type on the final day of registration, Real Madrid agreed to enter into these talks.

3) When Manchester United entered into these negotiations yesterday morning they did so subject to being able to reach an agreement with Real Madrid player Keylor Navas, in order that he would join the British club from this season, and informed us that they were in contact with the representatives of said player.

4) Real Madrid and Manchester United arrived quickly at an agreement for the transfers of both players. After the editing of the relevant contractual documents and with the intention of proceeding with enough time to get everything sent to the Transfer Matching System of FIFA (TMS) as well as his registration with the Spanish Football League (LFP), Real Madrid re-sent the contracts to Manchester United at 13:39 Spanish time.

5) Manchester United sent back their comments on said contracts eight hours later, at 21:43 Spanish time, including small modifications. Due to not being relevant, all of the modifications were accepted immediately by Real Madrid with the intention of being able to register the player on time in the TMS and with the LFP.

I've got the Key: Navas deal WAS agreed
6) Real Madrid, having obtained the signatures of David De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent back to the English club the signed contracts at 23:32 Spanish time, waiting to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

7) Manchester United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time and it was at this time that the contracts were sent to the player to be signed.

The fax of the matter: Madrid were left waiting by United
8) Manchester United entered into the TMS all the information for the De Gea deal, but not those for Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, sending back to Real Madrid at the same time the signed transfer contracts. Real Madrid received the completed documentation at 00:02 and tried to access the TMS, but found it to already be closed.

9) At 00:26 Spanish time the FIFA computer system, TMS, invited Real Madrid to fill in the details for David De Gea, given that the registration period in England continues to be open until today. Real Madrid, with the prospect of some contention over the transfer of the player had they not submitted their paperwork, decided to send the contracts to the LFP - even knowing that the period had expired.

Waiting game: United took too long to process paperwork, claim Madrid
10) Definitively, Real Madrid had done everything necessary, at all times, to ensure that these two transfers happened.

Source: Real Madrid home page.

You're saying your FA backs you up? The chairman of La Liga also came out and backed up Real Madrids account of what happened.

Regardless, you have to look at this from a different perspective. Not from what both of these clubs said, but from what they both have to 'gain or lose' from all this.

Do you think it is a coincidence that somehow, Manchester United opened the negotiations on the very last day and sent the required paperwork to Real Madrid on the very last minute?

It was always clear that Manchester United did NOT want Da Gea to leave. They had offered him a contract extensions on a few different occasions, and every single time he refused. Even though he was offered more money that he would be getting at Real, he still refused.

And now, somehow there is a clerical error that nullifies the deal and Da Gea ends up staying at United? All the while knowing that the Euro's are coming up, and that he would be forced to play AND give it his best in order to represent his Country at such a prestigious tournament.

So what does Van Gaal do? He won't let him play unless he signs a contract? This is transparent, my friend. TRANSPARENT. I don't care if Da Gea ends up at Real Madrid or not, I just hope he leaves that club because they are treating him like this.

For all I care, he can go back to Athletico. He'll still be back in Madrid. But he should have no business with such an abusive club. He gets them the fourth spot and into the Champions League, and this is how they repay him - by forcing him to either stay with the club and sign a contract, or completely destroy his chances of playing at the Euro.

What does Real Madrid have to gain from all this? NOTHING. All transfer window, and the season prior, they were known admirers of Da Gea. The only Galactico signing that would come to Real Madrid this year, and we know how Perez loves those.

But you know what? Manchester United can play these dirty games as much as they like. I'm sure Da Gea is an intelligent person. If he does sign a deal, I'm sure he will put in a clause that he would have to be sold to a certain clubs if they match a certain transfer fee. I can bet you that he's not nearly as dumb, or as blind as some of you United fans are, that he cannot see what the club is doing.

Now I do understand wanting to support your club no matter what, but don't do it when they do something that is as morally ambiguous as this. I've had the highest respect for United before this transfer window. I swear to you, I put that on my skin. This though really has made the club revolting for me.. I bet it is all Van Gaal's fault, this. Probably his idea. He's ruining the image of Manchester United, and you guys are just standing by letting it happen. You'd think Liverpool would be a good cautionary tale for you guys.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Ammer:
Its De Gea, not Da Gea. Actually, Real tried to play United for fools. Firstly, Why hold off until deadline day to start negotiations? Being a Real fan blinds you here. The paperwork that United received had major changes to it. Why don't you try to buy something with out reading what you're getting? Do you shop on Ebay? Yes United took time to review the paper work as it was not consistent with what was told to them. Of course Real would approve it because they knew what they did.
Secondly, if you know the transfer rules, then you would know that Navas' paperwork was not required to be completed by close of day in Spain, only DeGea's. Go read the transfer policy. Only players coming into Spain were required to have their paperwork done. Not players leaving Spain. So the fact (not fax) that Navas's paperwork was not returned by United is a lame excuse. United had an entire day to return that. The only document which was needed was that the deals depended on each other, which United returned with De Gea's documentation.
Thirdly, Manchester United did not want to sell the player. Why in the world will they initiate negotiations? Real approached United, and United responded. Which again brings me back..why hold off until the last few hours if you really needed that player? Think logically,. Real is a good club, but Perez is an absolute fool.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

United are saying one thing. Real are saying another thing. Both their leagues back them. Someone is bullshitting.

This is where ashwin is makes basic logical sense:

Secondly, if you know the transfer rules, then you would know that Navas' paperwork was not required to be completed by close of day in Spain, only DeGea's. Go read the transfer policy. Only players coming into Spain were required to have their paperwork done. Not players leaving Spain. So the fact (not fax) that Navas's paperwork was not returned by United is a lame excuse. United had an entire day to return that. The only document which was needed was that the deals depended on each other, which United returned with De Gea's documentation.

I don't see how you can argue with that logic.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

VERY surprised that we haven't discussed this yet, I think this is something we have to discuss, so great topic ;-P

As a neutral, can't understand how either of the teams would do something shitty on purpose, I don't think that either of the teams would BENEFIT for c*cking up the transfer, it's a mess for all 3 parts.

Real Madrid REALLY need De Gea to win big things, to save them points (altho Navas was brilliant v Betis). Man Utd would gladly take 30million+ & K.Navas, and now have SUCH A HUGE problem with _UNSETTLED_ De Gea. De Gea's heart is defo not in Manchester at the moment. And you can imagine how huge problem this is if Van Gaal doesn't want to play De Gea, or De Gea doesn't keep his level because all of this sh*t - leading that he wouldn't be #1 goalkeeper in EURO2016

I would say Man Utd & De Gea are the biggest losers in this f*ck up & Real Madrid actually the least.

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

The Guardian is the best they have trustful journalists

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Madrid tries to steal a player from a club who does not want to sell, and its the club fault ? Are you high or something ?
United is a big club; if they do not want to sell, you should swallow it and move on...

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

United needed this transfer waay more than Madrid, it makes no sense that they would have intentionally sabotaged the deal. From what Ive heard and what seems like the most reasonable story is that Madrid decided to do business until the last couple of days and what got the deal messed up was Navas being involved, they first wanted it to be a swap + money deal but RM decided it would be just a regular 2 transfers deal but each transfer depended strictly on the other. So it was meant to be a mess. Anyways, we would probably see this move being completed in January.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I would be surprised if so, both GKs would play in CL and wont be eligible to play for another team, making the swap means that Madrid would only have Kiko Cassilla for CL and so United with Romero...
United gave clear message to their players, no one can close the club's doors that easy, if they didnt they would have lost all their best players to other clubs so i dont consider this as a waste of money, its not United first problem atm.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Great thread guys!!!

My 2 cents is I dont believe in neither of the sources, non-of-them. The blame game and crap...