Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

De Gea to Real Madrid is Likely to Happen
Chanakya999 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

After months of speculation, Manchester United's David De Gea appears set to move to Real Madrid in a £29 million blockbuster deal just three days before Tuesday's transfer deadline, according to the independent. There has been plenty of posturing from both clubs over the Red Devils' No. 1, but after the Spaniard's uninspired performance for United in a preseason friendly, his last appearance for the side, the writing was on the wall.

Despite De Gea missing United's opening three matches, his fill-in at goal, Sergio Romero, has done well with three clean sheets to start the season, but that doesn't mean that manager Louis van Gaal won't be searching for another goalkeeper. The Independent also reports that the manager has identified Ajax's Jasper Cillessen as a potential replacement.

I had also read somewhere that the Cillessen has insisted on staying at Ajax for the 2015-2016 season before rethinking career choices.

What do you guys think?

Source: http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2588229/david-de-gea-finally-gets-29-million-real-madrid-move

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

After months of speculation, Manchester United's David De Gea appears set to move to Real Madrid in a £29 million blockbuster deal just three days before Tuesday's transfer deadline, according to the independent. There has been plenty of posturing from both clubs over the Red Devils' No. 1, but after the Spaniard's uninspired performance for United in a preseason friendly, his last appearance for the side, the writing was on the wall.

Despite De Gea missing United's opening three matches, his fill-in at goal, Sergio Romero, has done well with three clean sheets to start the season, but that doesn't mean that manager Louis van Gaal won't be searching for another goalkeeper. The Independent also reports that the manager has identified Ajax's Jasper Cillessen as a potential replacement.

Source: http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2588229/david-de-gea-finally-gets-29-million-real-madrid-move

Comments
ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Man Utd could play him for one CL match then sell him to Madrid so he is cup tied.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

That would lower his value drastically.

Also, Romero today, awful. The defence has been protecting him, but he should've done better on the goals, especially the second.

I may be incorrect on this, but if it is 29 million pounds, will that make Utd in the green for this transfer window?

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Sunflash I will post a thread at the end of the transfer window, with all the signings and the Net spent...

After this bench warming or not even on the list, it has became hard to keep a player who will certainly be angry about his current coach. That was a legitime move to not show to United players that its easy to quit the club at the first ocasion, the main reason why LVG is torturing DDG at the moment...
But yeah i think it will be a deadline transfer arround 25M pounds, since the first game of the league and seeing DDG on the bench i knew he was leaving...

I understand why United are playing the time bank, they are annoying both Madrid and DDG and they didnt secured yet the amount they want from this transfer, its their right after all...

• History

@Sunflash I will post a thread at the end of the transfer window, with all the signings and the Net spent...

After this bench warming or not even on the list, it has became hard to keep a player who will certainly be angry about his current coach. That was a legitime move to not show to United players that its easy to quit the club at the first ocasion, the main reason why LVG is torturing DDG at the moment...
But yeah i think it will be a deadline transfer arround 25M pounds, since the first game of the league and seeing DDG on the bench i knew he was leaving...

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ok, thanks for that.

LVG was never going to keep De Gea. Imo, United is a big enough club that if a player wants to leave, they don't try to hang on, because if the player thinks he's bigger than the club, he needs to go.

I am happy about LVG's actions in this matter, I think that that hard line goes a long way to bringing United back to where it was where Fergie left.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Done deal, 40M € + Navas going other way!

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

NAVAAAASS TO UNITEEEDD!!!

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck you Perez, God damn bellend For Fuck sake, Like what the fuck are you even thinking with the tiny ass mind of yours! Holy fuck, this son of a botch is really pissing me off,

Ifeel really sad for Navas, He will fit better in the team than De gea, ohhhh come on!! Why?! I really like navas, AGRHHHHHHHHH!! FUCKING PEREZ.

That's it I'm done.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

good business for man united there. :)

tiki_taka 9 years ago

I cant believe it, knowing that Navas is valued by his club at 15M, why would Madrid give 55M while United were asking 40Meuros.

25Meuros + Navas would be more logical imo.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Real Madrid and Manchester United reached an agreement for the transfer of David de Gea late on Monday evening. The keeper will move to the Bernabéu for a fee believed to be close to 30 million euros. To complete the operation, both clubs must now tie up the bureaucratic formalities which will allow Costa Rica international Keylor Navas move in the opposite direction.
Costa Rican daily La Nación report that Keylor has secured an agreement with United that will ensure that he is the team’s first choice goalkeeper and also that he will gain a substantial pay rise – doubling his pay packet from two million to four million euros.
Madrid stand to receive 15 million euros for the goalkeeper’s transfer to Old Trafford.
More to follow...

From As.

• History

Real Madrid and Manchester United reached an agreement for the transfer of David de Gea late on Monday evening. The keeper will move to the Bernabéu for a fee believed to be close to 30 million euros. To complete the operation, both clubs must now tie up the bureaucratic formalities which will allow Costa Rica international Keylor Navas move in the opposite direction.

Costa Rican daily La Nación report that Keylor has secured an agreement with United that will ensure that he is the team’s first choice goalkeeper and also that he will gain a substantial pay rise – doubling his pay packet from two million to four million euros.

Madrid stand to receive 15 million euros for the goalkeeper’s transfer to Old Trafford.

More to follow...

From As.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Navas will turn 29 this December where as De Gea will turn 25 on November. RM seem to need a longer better plan and they found that in De Gea. Good business by RM.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

And I thought Courtois was same age as De Gea.. Courtois just turned 23 last May.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Madrid needs Spanish players badly, their only starter at the moment is Ramos, plus Isco if he convinces Benitez in his new tactic. Danilo seems to have pushed Carvajal into the bench and Casillas left the club. So DDG is the ultimate choice because he is young, he was playing in a big club, he is part of Spanish national team, a brilliant keeper and he is Spanish. Very important for Perez who does not want Barça to take an advantage on the domestic Spanish market by keeping an identity for his team that lead youngsters to be identified to Spanish idols...( Vasquez and ascencio are plans for the future ).
Perez mixes buisness and pitch performences very well, his team is full of best sellers and national icons all arround the world, and at the same time perfect proffessionals...

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"The documents did not arrive on time!!!!!! Presentation was ready. All agreed. But as it stands de Gea stays at MUFC!!"
Dafuq?

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

he will leave in the January transfer window

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002