Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

De Gea or courtois?
ArsenalGunners 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

So we've all seen de Gea's world class performance vs Liverpool today and I wanna know who's better de Gea or courtois. In my opinion m, based in current form it's de Gea hands down. He's saved United in countless occasions if he weren't there then I think Liverpool could've actually won and Arsenal easily would've beaten United if it weren't for de gea's heroics. Courtois has a world class back 4 covering him and to be fair I havnt been impressed by him. I've not seen him perform 1 world class save this season. Give de Gea chelseas defence then Chelsea will practically be invincible. On current form de Gea is probably second best keeper just behind manuel neuer.

What's your opinions guys please no bias.

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Mohd

Lev Yashin, Dino Zoff, Gordon Banks, and Gianluigi Buffon would like to argue that point.

Iker Casillas, Sepp Maier, Preud'homme, Gyula Grosics, Peter Shilton, Oliver Kahn, Edwin van der Sar, and Petr Cech are all capable of being right behind him or level with him.

And of course Schmeichel would tweet about De Gea. They both play(ed) for United. If you want to see some unbiased tweets, go check out Gary Lineker's Twitter account.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Mohd

Lev Yashin, Dino Zoff, Gordon Banks, and Gianluigi Buffon would like to argue that point.

Iker Casillas, Sepp Maier, Preud'homme, Gyula Grosics, Peter Shilton, Oliver Kahn, Edwin van der Sar, and Petr Cech are all capable of being right behind him or level with him.

@Mohd

And of course Schmeichel would tweet about De Gea. They both play(ed) for United. If you want to see some unbiased tweets, go check out Gary Lineker's

Mohd_2012 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 2 52

@Dynastian98:

Ok. Thanks for the info. Don't get me bad, Sorry if I used harsh words or offended anyone. Just after seeing that tweet, I got that Idea and commented on this post. Next time I'll surely revise my comments before I "SAY IT". That's why I ended with *CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG* because I like to learn from others also.

Thank you very much.

• History

@Dynastian98:Ok. Thanks for the info. Don't get me bad, Sorry if I used harsh words or offended anyone. Just after seeing that tweet, I got that Idea and commented on this post. Next time I'll surely revise my comments before I "SAY IT". That's why I ended with *CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG* because I like to learn from others also. Thank you very much.

DrunkenMonkey 9 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

I think currently De Gea is way better, I totally agree that courtois is yet to be tested to the extent that de gea has been this season but also courtois will get better over time, it takes time to show your best as a goalkeeper in the premier league I mean look at De Gea when he first came to this country so many people wanted him out of Man u.

Pupper 9 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Courtois.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well because of United's defence, I will have to say that De Gea this season has been the better keeper, but you have to consider more than that. If Courtois played for United and De Gea was at Chelsea would it be a different story. Courtois is younger as well and is taller, and has more potential

Both the same in terms of reflexes.

Courtois has slightly better reach.

Both equal on concentration.

De Gea has better kicking/passing.

Both are equal in terms of one-on-one but If I had to choose I'll go with Courtois

Courtois is better in the air

If they both played for the same team, and we calculated their average performances, Courtois > De Gea

Its kind of strange but if Courtois had near no faith in our defence, and played like he was the only one able to stop goals, he would be way, way better. Right now, I think he relies to much on our defenders while De Gea has to be independent.

• History

Well because of United's defence, I will have to say that De Gea this season has been the better keeper, but you have to consider more than that. If Courtois played for United and De Gea was at Chelsea would it be a different story. Courtois is younger as well and is taller, and has more potential

Both the same in terms of reflexes.

Courtois has slightly better reach.

Both equal on concentration.

De Gea has better kicking/passing.

Both are equal in terms of one-on-one but If I had to choose I'll go with Courtois

Courtois is better in the air

If they both played for the same team, and we calculated their average performances, Courtois > De Gea

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

^Completely agree with Marcus. This is a pointless debate. Both wonderful goalkeepers. And both the best in the eyes of their respective fans.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

courtois is better in my opinion. de gea is on top form currently but you just wait for courtois to start coming back

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

De Gea simply has gotten more occasions to shine because of United's lousy defence. Courtois is still one of the best in the world ahead of DDG by a very little margin.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Hart has been exceptional, De Gea has done well in comparison to his defenders, Szczesny has been... Arsenal and Lloris has been saving his team, but Courtois tops the overall stat. At every individual stat he is consistent

He's been 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 4th and 4th, never last.

De Gea was equal worst on punches, Hart on distribution, Szczesny on saves, Lloris on goals conceded etc.

Ihaveabbc 9 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

mignolet

Ihaveabbc 9 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

*Lord Mignolet ... my bad

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Not sure, De Gea's defense is weak, so he has a better chance to show himself off, Courtois has a much better defense than him, so he doesn't get to show off as much as De Gea, but both are world class goal keepers, though choice though.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Courtois definitely .

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

De Gea dor me

jojo12 9 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Saudi Arabia 0 149

De gea, he saved manchester united most matches

• History

De gea he saved manchester united most matches