De Gea
ynadamas 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Belgium 12 70

To Manchester United fans.
Thanks for giving De Gea to us.

Comments
TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Tuanis, what about C. Ronaldo? Barca was dominating at the time and he still chose to go to Madrid. Madrid are the pinnacle of a footballer's dream and I don't care who you are, if they come calling with a concrete offer you're going to listen. It's easy for Hazard to come out and say "I love Chelsea and I'll stay here", but it's all conjecture until he actually declines a proper offer. And Neymar; well let's just say that deal was pretty shady.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

In Isco's and Ronaldo's case Barcelona didnt ever bid for them. Ronaldo did like RM better. Obviously any bid by RM is what a player dreams about since a young age but today players want to win trophies, not play for fancy teams and that is the sad truth. Fabregas went to Chelsea to play a little more and because he knew he will surly win the EPL with them.

United had to bid a lot of money very fast to avoid other clubs like PSG (a more likeable option) take Depay first.
Van Persie came to United only because he knew that would be the only way for him to win something.

AlexBatak 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@TheGame & Tuanis

This is an interesting post from a Manchester United fan:

Ronaldo at United (2003-2009):
3 League Titles
1 Champions League title & another UCL final
And everybody thought he was equal or even better than Messi.

Ronaldo at Real Madrid for the same number of seasons (2009-2015), his best football years:
1 League Title
1 Champions League title

And nobody compares Messi to him (we all know Messi is much better).So, CR7 did you really take the right decision to leave the club and the league you were the king and go to a club where you learnt to be second (or third)?

Both his career and of course our history would have more league titles and probably more Champions League titles if you hadn't made your biggest mistake of your life.And remember: United have won two league titles since CR7 left (2011,2013) while his Real Madrid side have won just one!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@TheGame & Tuanis

This is an interesting post from a Manchester United fan:

Ronaldo at United (2003-2009):

3 League Titles
1 Champions League title & another UCL final

And everybody thought he was equal or even better than Messi.

Ronaldo at Real Madrid for the same number of seasons (2009-2015), his best football years:

1 League Title
1 Champions League title

And nobody compares Messi to him (we all know Messi is much better).

So, CR7 did you really take the right decision to leave the club and the league you were the king and go to a club where you learnt to be second (or third)?

Both his career and of course our history would have more league titles and probably more Champions League titles if you hadn't made your biggest mistake of your life.

And remember: United have won two league titles since CR7 left (2011,2013) while his Real Madrid side have won just one!

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Alex, +1. That is pretty interesting. Not to mention he was at the peak of his footballing prowess at Madrid, an overall better player scoring an unbelievable number of goals, but still couldn't produce as many trophies.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

''And everybody thought he was equal or even better than Messi.''

Well in that case, Messi is 3 years younger so when Ronaldo won his first Ballon d' or, Messi just had his breakthrough season...
Ronaldo left United when he lost 2-0 to Barça in CL final with United seeing Messi winning the treble with Barça and lifting his first Ballon d' or.

Ronaldo was better in 2008 and 2013 imo, the rest Messi was better. being in a different league doesnt change the fact that people who know Football can still compare players even if they play in Chinese league...

Argjenti1996 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Kosovo 3 408

Ronaldo should come in united, I mean,this the best way to win something.Believe me,if he comes at Utd,he will be easly top scorer of the league,probably they will win Epl,and other competitions.Its sad to see C.Ronaldo one of the best players ever in this situation with Real Madrid,only 2 trophies for 6 seasons.Real Madrid has probably the best players in the world in their team,but still without trophies!With these players we had,we should win treble every season.Look at Barcelona,they win La Liga,and are in final in 2 other competitions.And THEY WILL WIN THEM.

• History

Ronaldo should come in united, I mean,this the best way to win something.Believe me,if he comes at Utd,he will be easly top scorer of the league,probably they will win Epl,and other competitions.Its sad to see C.Ronaldo one of the best players ever in this situation with Real Madrid,only 2 trophies for 6 seasons.Real Madrid has probably the best players in the world in their team,but still without trophies!

tiki_taka 9 years ago

He won more than 2 trophies, last year he won 4 if you remember just last year, Copa, CL, club WC, UEFA supercup.
He won a league, 2 copa del Rey, (1or2) Supercopa, 1 CL, 1 Uefa supercopa and one club World cup : Thats 7 silverwares in 6 years...

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I think the Manchester United fan talked about the major trophies, The league title and UCL in particular.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Yeah but if he wanted to win the title every year, he could have gone to Bayern or stay at United, but he wanted more than just winning the league, he wanted to be the Ballon d' or and he tried to go and beat Messi in Spain, their direct rivalry has been bankable for both players and their teams so it was an amzaing decision for his image and label...
United was winning the title at that time with 12 points gap so i think he wanted to go elsewhere where he would proove to be the best, it took him time due to Messi brilliance but he succeeded at the end, determination at their best.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

At 12 points gap? Every season? I don't think so.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He went to Spain because he wanted to directly compete with Messi. He would never be the player he is today without that competition. He would just be "another very good player", not one of the greatest of all time. Both CR and LM admitted that their direct rivalry and competition is what pushed them to the limit and made them better players. It's sad that he can't win as many trophies, but it's not his fault. He's doing his job just fine, the fault is in our leaky defense over the years and a very strong Barcelona side. Iniesta and Xavi were just impeccably good, and they brought out the best in Messi as well. That's the main reason Ronaldo couldn't win the title in his early Madrid years.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

@Alex I just checked the tables, you are right they won only in 2012/13 with 11 pts...

But what i have seen looking into the table is that United were able to win the league regularly of finish at least 2nd each single year till SAF departure without Cr7. And when they didnt win, they were not that far from it 1 pt maximum fro the leader.

2008-2009 : 1) United 90pts 2) Liverpool 86pts 3) Chelsea 83pts 4) Arsenal 72pts
2009-2010 : 1) Chelsea 86pts 2) United 85pts 3) Arsenal 75pts 4) Spurs 70pts
2010-2011 : 1) United 80pts 2) ManCity 71pts 3) Chelsea 71pts 4) Arsenal 68pts
2011-2012 : 1) ManCity 89pts 2) United 89pts 3) Arsenal 69pts 4) Tottenham 65pts
2012-2013 : 1) United 89pts 2) ManCity 78pts 3) Chelsea 75pts 4) Arsenal 73pts

United won 3 from the 5 titles without Ronaldo, could have been 4 if Aguero didnt accomplished a miracle.

With Ronaldo im perfectly sure with the motivation he has, they would have won them all, i dont know if it would have still gave him the 2 BO he won, at the same time since his departure, United went into Semi-final of CL only once in 2010/11 while he went to CL semi-final every single year with Madrid...

I dont know, anyway even Mourinho records in Spain wasnt that amazing, if we count only CL and league as major titles, Mourinho only won 1 in 3 years, while he is a world class coach, i think its not their fault they moved there in the wrong era, but they tested themselves to the limit and had the best competitive situation in europe so as competitors maybe its what they wanted.

• History

@Alex The year he left, they were...

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I don't want to start something but with this logic, he could have went somewhere in a poor african league or asian league where he can score as much and even more. The Manchester United fan was talking about the league titles and UCL.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Let's just drop the if guys... this is football, not snooker nor golf unless he's Messi, otherwise drops the if :D:D:D jk, doesn't matter Messi or Ronaldo let's drop the if

• History

Let's just drop the if guys... this is football, not snooker nor golf.

Let's just drop the if guys... this is football, not snooker nor golf unless he's Messi, otherwise drops the if