Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

De Bruyne deserved player of the year. Change my mind.
T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

^^

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@T1lt3d I'm not sure I follow, you would have wanted Ederson to win the young player award but technically speaking, its still a city player who won it? Doesn't that make you happy? I mean, if you tell me you would have rather Ederson win it over Sane, thats ok but I still think Sane deserved something after his amazing season.

@Sunflash Personally, I think Ederson is a decent stopper but I would say that personally, I think his attitude will get him into trouble in the future if he doesn't work on it. Don't get me wrong, I love him and for me he is propably in the top 3 or top 4 best keeper in the prem, but he really seem hot-blooded sometime, I still remember that time in the CL he pushed Mane around and got a yellow because of it. Not something you should do even if the other player may have faulted your teammate.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@T1lt3d I'm not I follow, you would have wanted Ederson to win the young player award but technically speaking, its still a city player who won it? Doesn't that make you happy?

@Sunflash Personally, I think Ederson is a decent stopper but I would say that personally, I think his attitude will get him into trouble in the future if he doesn't work on it. Don't get me wrong, I love him and for me he is propably in the top 3 or top 4 best keeper in the prem, but he really seem hot-blooded sometime, I still remember that time in the CL he pushed Mane around and got a yellow because of it. Not something you should do even if the other player may have faulted your teammate.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

T1lt3d

Bravo has literally the worst save percentage in Premier League history. Not tough to upgrade from that. He was so poor that City played Cabellero quite often

He once had 24 shots on target against him. 18 of those ended up as goals.

I would go into more detail, but SunFlash says it all.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

IMO Liverpool's system with Mane and Firmino up front helps Salah greatly, while KDB is undoubtely main player in City and was unreal in those little details, such as preassists or first touches. Salah would probably win my individual prize, but overall KDB was maybe even better. Thing that makes me wanna say 'give it to Mo' the most is fact he's in his basically first PL year, and not to mention he adapted, he outgrown good player discussion.

KDB for me, but not by far.

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

I'm not aruging that Ederson is a good, possibly even great a keeper. But he does not display the talents that make De Gea the absolute world-class netminder he is. With Neuer missing the entire season, De Gea is undisputed the best keeper in the world by all accounts. When players, pundits, or fans discuss the best keepers in the world, Ederson is rarely given a mention. There's a reason for that, and that's because he allows goals that De Gea doesn't.

I dont follow. Most people, pundits and pros that I see listing the best GKs in the prem or in the world usually have Ederson in the top 5 this season. Clearly most people would agree that De Gea is better at saving than Ederson (or any other GK in the world), and while that is technically the most important part of a GK, Ederson is a more complete keeper, which I think makes him more valuable for top teams like City who don't face that many shots, and often have a very high line and are prone to getting caught on the break. Ederson beats De Gea at distribution, controlling his area, at sweeping and at penalites imo.

Also, I don't know what you mean by

Ederson has the same passing qualities that Ter Stegen does, but does not follow this up with the shot-stopping ability

Ederson has shown many times this season that he is one of the top shot stoppers in the world, just not quite as good as De Gea yet. He has saved City on many occasions He hasn't made a mistake this season except for the clearance vs Liverpool that led to a goal.

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

I agree Croatian. I'm not saying its a robbery that KDB didn't win it, but I'm just saying over the course of the entire season, De Bruyne clearly showed himself to be the best player in the City squad that dominated the league, so he should win it.

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

you would have wanted Ederson to win the young player award but technically speaking, its still a city player who won it? Doesn't that make you happy? I mean, if you tell me you would have rather Ederson win it over Sane, thats ok but I still think Sane deserved something after his amazing season.

I dont care if a city player win it or not, I care if the player that I believe deserved it most won. Imo, Ederson has been more pivotal for City than Sane, and also, Sanes form was not consistant throughout the whole season, while Ederson played great the whole season.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

This award is for Premier League. Why involve CL in the discussion? Salah bagged a ton of goals against mediocre teams. De Bruyne has shown consistency throughout the entire season, and he has clearly shone as the best player on a very talented Manchester City squad. To be the best player on such a squad by such a margin is no joke. Moreover, De Bruyne performed in key matches throughout the year (scored vs. Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, played well in all the matches he didn't score goals).
As much sh*t as Spanish football fans receive for narrowing down the Messi vs. Ronaldo argument to just goals, that's all I hear from the Salah > De Bruyne argument. My Player of the Year in the PL was definitely KDB, although I acknowledge that Salah is a clear-cut 2nd place.
Harry Kane also deserves a shout-out.

fully agree with Dynast here, stats seekers are blinded because stats is irrelevant comparing tothe impact on a teamor in a title win.

KDB sometimes does the crucial pass before the assist which no stat count it, sometimes he does most of the goal without being on the scoresheet or the assist sheet.

Now Salah lately has more impact on the team and the game play, he is finishing the season on fire. but i think despite CL is unrelated to PL the H2H won by Liverpool decided it.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

T1lt3d

I dont care if a city player win it or not, I care if the player that I believe deserved it most won. Imo, Ederson has been more pivotal for City than Sane, and also, Sanes form was not consistant throughout the whole season, while Ederson played great the whole season.

Ederson is 24, age cap is 23.

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

Ederson was 23 at the time the announced the shortlist, which is why Ederson was on the list.

Ledley 6 years ago Edited
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I think we all knew KDB was good from previous season. But we never knew about Mo Salah.

• History

I think we all knew KDB was good from previous season. But we never knew about Mo Salah. He’s just got levels.

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well fact is he was the best player of the whole season, you don't get so many player of the month awards for no reason, some historical things he did this season which De Bruyne didn't do.
Also since people like to point out the rest of the squad some players play with, Salah had some of the most dominating numbers in the league ever witnessed while playing for Liverpool that doesn't have the quality nor depth like Manchester City he has scored so many goals, the only thing that De Bruyne has done better is the amount of assists but that is not good enough to top Salah.

Salah is currently number 1 in the Golden Boot race as well so there is no real argument of why he wouldn't deserve to be the player of the year, he is also the African Player of the year as well.

enter image description here

No fancy haircut, no tattoos, just playing football like a boss.

• History

Well fact is he was the best player of the whole season, you don't get so many player of the month awards for no reason, some historical things he did this season which De Bruyne didn't do.
Also since people like to point out the rest of the squad some players play with, Salah had some of the most dominating numbers in the league ever witnessed while playing for Liverpool that doesn't have the quality nor depth like Manchester City he has scored so many goals and has more than double the amounts of assists than De Bruyne.

Salah is currently number 1 in the Golden Boot race as well so there is no real argument of why he wouldn't deserve to be the player of the year, he is also the African Player of the year as well.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

De Bruyne reminds me of Lampard, who was always solid and one of the best midfielders in the world consistently but never enough impact to win player of the year. Jong Terry did and he that year was phenomenal. Salas is having phenomenal and exceptional season. That is what it takes to win the title.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

To be fair, this could also be said of the De Bruyne but I still understand your points.

• History

To be fair, this could also be directed at the De Bruyne but I understand your points otherwise.

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

Umm. the simple argument that most goals doesnt mean best player. De Bruyne is a deep midfielder, Salah is a forward, obviously he will have more goals.
African player of the year means nothing since theres not that many great African footballers besides Salah.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

Salah deserved it. Not even a discussion in my opinion

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6891

@Golazo111: That list... I wonder also how good Mahrez could be in a better team. What a gem for any team to get.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

the simple argument that most goals doesnt mean best player.

You should know that it's not a good enough argument, Salah didn't just score most goals he is having some of the most dominating seasons EVER in the history of Premier League that any player has ever done, the stats I put up should humble anyone, and I mean anyone out there.
Salah is just 1 goal away to equal his record with the Flying dutchman, players that had performed worse got Golden Balls and what not, Player of the year is a default award for what Salah has done this season so maybe you should give credit where it's due.

I wonder also how good Mahrez could be in a better team. What a gem for any team to get.

He really is isn't he? He was linked to Arsenal,Chelsea,Man City and he wanted to leave Leicester but somehow ended up staying, a real good buy to wherever he goes.

T1lt3d 6 years ago Edited
5 897

You should know that it's not a good enough argument, Salah didn't just score most goals he is having some of the most dominating seasons EVER in the history of Premier League that any player has ever done, the stats I put up should humble anyone, and I mean anyone out there.
Salah is just 1 goal away to equal his record with the Flying Dutchman

You say that he does more that goals but then refer back to only his goal statistics. This either shows that

• You think that goals the only thing that shows how good a player is, regardless of position (wrong af)
  • You don't have any other arguments besides goals why Salah should have won.

KDB is leading league in assists, most chances created, key passes, in the top 10 most completed passes of PL, and more.

Also, KDB often creates goals but doesnt get an assist, such as doing the pass which opens the whole defense, and the player he passed to just plays a ball across the box and gets an easy assist, and no stat count that, He creates more goals for City (which stats won't show), that Salah scores for Liverpool.

• History

Salah is just 1 goal away to equal his record with the Flying Dutchman
You say that he does more that goals but then refer back to only his goal statistics. This either shows that

• You think that goals the only thing that shows how good a player is, regardless of position (wrong af)
  • You don't have any other arguments besides goals why Salah should have won.

KDB is leading league in assists, most chances created, key passes, in the top 10 most completed passes of PL, and more.

Also, KDB often creates goals but doesnt get an assist, such as doing the pass which opens the whole defense, and the player he passed to just plays a ball across the box and gets an easy assist, and no stat count that, He creates more goals for City (which stats won't show), that Salah scores for Liverpool.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You think that goals the only thing that shows how good a player is, regardless of position (wrong af)
You don't have any other arguments besides goals why Salah should have won.

1. No I don't.
  2. I don't need any other arguments, the guy scored so many goals that it doesn't even matter what else he did.

Obviously he won the award already and you won't agree with it even if he had 20 more goals and 20 more assists and 20 more anything, I can say your same silly argument back to you:

• You think that De Bruyne deserved it just because of the number of assists and passes, argument is therefore, just because you can assist and pass the ball around it doesn't mean you're the best player in the league.
  • Here we have Salah that performed at Suarez,Ronaldo,Henry levels and
    yet you think that he needed to pass the ball around more?
    Salah does have 9 assists in the league, De Bruyne has 15 but there are many from Man City that have assists it's a stacked squad with the biggest depth in the league, Sané, Silva, Sterling all have more than 10 assists but somehow just because De Bruyne has a few more he is so much better than Salah? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lets say that Salah was in Manchester City and if De Bruyne was in Liverpool who would have their numbers improved compared to their current stats? Salah by far, which is why he is the player of the year.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo

Lets say that Salah was in Manchester City and if De Bruyne was in Liverpool who would have their numbers improved compared to their current stats? Salah by far, which is why he is the player of the year.

Thats not 100% sure though, Salah wouldn't be the main man in Manchester City and he wouldn't be assured to be one of main source of goal. He would have to share some of his goal with Sane and Aguero, maybe Sterling as well. There is also no way to know for sure Salah would adapt. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying your wrong but its impossible to know for sure how Salah would perform at City, same with De Bruyne.