Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Countries - Knowledge (offtopic)
MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

This is a different kind of thread. Since a lot of us live in different countries, I would like to start a discussion about what problems/secrets/things other countries might not know about the country your currently residing in culturally, economically, politically and socially.

I'll begin, I've lived in the US for about 10 years now after moving here. Socially - 

Economically - we may be better off then most countries but in all honestly I'd rather be less well off then having the stress accompanied by it. Most people don't know about the debt the US is in, we're about 10 trillion dollars in debt and every year the debt increase exponentially - (which is not by multiples but by log, dunno if you guys know what that is but its basically 10^x) Literally its like no one here is enjoying their lives. Most people have work from morning (9am till 10pm) my parents for one and a lot of my friends parents as well, as I did once. Everyone is trying to be on top of someone else economically or by social value/rank.... Life is very short.... people should enjoy it more. 

Politically - US is very corrupt which I'm sure you all know. Soo many secrets are kept from us and keep us blind. One thing may be happening in another country but through our manipulative media may make the story of what happened so much more different then it seems so the government can get the peoples support for subliminal incentives they have. 

Socially -People are always in competition with each other, everyone is stressed and no one ever gives the time of the day to greet each other or enjoy anything for a minute. Everything in the united stats (california mainly where i live) is all about images. People only care about there image and how people perceive them, which I hate...  

Socially - (adolescence)I'm 21 and not to boast but I've fucked around with girls a lot, I dont know if its only the US or all countries but the girls in the US are soooooo ignorant, naive and dumb. Not all but a majority. Emotions control everything they do. Also they care tooooo much about their images. A lot of them have big egos too which is fun to shit on and break. At the end of the day, its tooo easy to control them and do whatever you like with them. I've been with a russian girl - who was plain CRAZY- not the good kind of crazy, like manipulative, lying, mean to others, bitchy, trying to be dominant - dunno if this is a stereotype or something but ya. I talked to a england girl also for a few months - she was SOOO BORING - she was sooo bland and i felt like she was so one dimensional. And my ex was a spanish girl... i really loved her but I was too young and she started talking about marriage which pushed me away. 
If you guys can confirm these stereotypes it'd be great :D I really want to know

Sorry for the long post but I'm really really interested in hearing from you guys who reside in different countries as well.

Comments
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

They are completely right.. Everything you said is on point.

MessiDona 11 years ago

^how about you ? where are you from ?

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@MessiDona i can relate to everything lol. i lived in Chicago for 10 years and recently moved back to argentina. 

I think moving for me was a mistake cuz i honestly hate it here but one benefit is that university will be completely free compared to the 90K it would have costed me there.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

nice thread !
Slovakia - I'm 18 and after school I'm thinkin' of moving somewhere else. 
                   - Never move to this country.
                   - People here are jealous and envious 
                   - poor country with a lot of gypsy's and bad Economicall situations
                   - poor conditions for sports 
my dream is to move to England/Spain

ChelseaRox10 11 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

UAE-
           DONT MOVE HERE
           No sports
           Poor country (They say they will finish things, but they never do)
           And the worst part DRIVVING

I wish i could move back to London

WayneRooney 11 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

Canada and i love it here!!!!!

MessiDona 11 years ago

@raimondo  - where in argentina do you live ? I lived in argentina for about 10 years too, buenos aires. I honestly loved it there - in my opinion its the best place for a kid to group up - the laws are soo lenient there and its soo much fun for a kid to grow up there, but i wouldn't want to live there as an independent adult. Even though there are economic problems in argentina, i really respected and enjoyed the lifestyle though how everyone was usually happy, didnt work ridiculous hours, and siesta !! :D

@WayneRooney - I'm actually interested to know how different canada is from the US - can you elaborate on it if you dont mind ? how are the laws? people? girls? lifestyle? (I'm a hockey fan too btw, so I'm sure people in Canada are going nuts right now)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Yes, people in Canada love Hockey and Tim Hortons more than just about anything else. But the one thing we love most is our country.

Canada is politically pretty good. We have high taxes, but in return we get free health care, which I think is extremely invaluable to the people of our country. Our government isn't corrupt, and the literacy rate here is (I believe to be exact) 100% (All of the homeless people in our country are drug addicts; they've all learned to read and write).

The laws here piss me off sometimes. I can't elaborate much on it, but a lot of murders here may go unpunished due to the offender having an expensive lawyer. The lifestyle here is good, everyone is knowledgeable, and Canadians are always very polite (at least we try to be). We try to help each other as much as possible, and there is very little racism here (due to our multicultural society). Women here are much more intelligent than American women, and 99% of our adult population have a university degree.

Generally speaking, it's one of the best places to live in the world, but the effect of the USA comes here too. So if the US is broke financially, Canada will be in trouble too.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Messi I live in Bariloche. yea its cool for kids but recently its going downhill again. I prefer the structure of US and how its organized and not chaotic like here. 

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

I m from MNE. Little country,but full of corruption,criminal,poor people... I would like to live in...UAE,or somewhere .

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

@ChelseaRox10 : imo UAE is a great place to live in ( as i lived there for about 7 years befor moving back to egypt to study medicine ) ! it's a combination of modern life and traditional life and this is great imo

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

@MessiDona : inetersting topic indeed :)

MessiDona 11 years ago

@Dynastian hah nice. I've met a few canadian people, like you said they are very friendly and warm people. I definitely want to do a road trip up there soon, tell me some good places to go :D

I've never been to UAE but one of my friends work in Dubai, isn't UAE supposed to be a really nice place to live ? I mean comparing to most of the world ? how bout u ironfist, where u from ?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@MessiDona

Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax and Montreal are nice cities in Canada. But the beauty in Canada is its natural beauty. If you can, take a road trip from the East coast to the West coast of Canada. It'll take a lot of planning and about 2 weeks to cross the country, but it'll definitely be worth it.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

I lived in Brasil for 11 years, then moved to America for 5 years, and now I am in Canada, Toronto for 4 years. It is the same in Canada as it is in America.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Dynastian98 summed up Canada very well. Regarding girls, they are stupid and fall for anything.. well at least for me they do. To be honest I think girls are stupid in every country. I've spoken to many people from every Continent in the world and each of them say the girls are too easy in their own countries and also in Canada.

MessiDona 11 years ago

@dynastian i dont know if i have the time for that lol, whats good spots to hit if I go north from california (west coast) with some friends 

@tdot2barca -  how is brazil ? I've always wanted to go there for a few months, the culture seems awesome. I will hopefully be there for the 2014 world cup :D

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Well I was a child all we did was go to school and play football all day. It is nothing like North America where everything is so industrialized and heavily influenced by the media.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Vancouver is at the very west of Canada. There are problems with Vancouver though. It's heavily influenced by thugs and drug dealers, and it ALWAYS rains. Just don't stay out too late, other than that, it's a great city.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Yes I heard Vancouver is pretty bad because of those Native thugs. Toronto is pretty bad too.