Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Countries - Knowledge (offtopic)
MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

This is a different kind of thread. Since a lot of us live in different countries, I would like to start a discussion about what problems/secrets/things other countries might not know about the country your currently residing in culturally, economically, politically and socially.

I'll begin, I've lived in the US for about 10 years now after moving here. Socially - 

Economically - we may be better off then most countries but in all honestly I'd rather be less well off then having the stress accompanied by it. Most people don't know about the debt the US is in, we're about 10 trillion dollars in debt and every year the debt increase exponentially - (which is not by multiples but by log, dunno if you guys know what that is but its basically 10^x) Literally its like no one here is enjoying their lives. Most people have work from morning (9am till 10pm) my parents for one and a lot of my friends parents as well, as I did once. Everyone is trying to be on top of someone else economically or by social value/rank.... Life is very short.... people should enjoy it more. 

Politically - US is very corrupt which I'm sure you all know. Soo many secrets are kept from us and keep us blind. One thing may be happening in another country but through our manipulative media may make the story of what happened so much more different then it seems so the government can get the peoples support for subliminal incentives they have. 

Socially -People are always in competition with each other, everyone is stressed and no one ever gives the time of the day to greet each other or enjoy anything for a minute. Everything in the united stats (california mainly where i live) is all about images. People only care about there image and how people perceive them, which I hate...  

Socially - (adolescence)I'm 21 and not to boast but I've fucked around with girls a lot, I dont know if its only the US or all countries but the girls in the US are soooooo ignorant, naive and dumb. Not all but a majority. Emotions control everything they do. Also they care tooooo much about their images. A lot of them have big egos too which is fun to shit on and break. At the end of the day, its tooo easy to control them and do whatever you like with them. I've been with a russian girl - who was plain CRAZY- not the good kind of crazy, like manipulative, lying, mean to others, bitchy, trying to be dominant - dunno if this is a stereotype or something but ya. I talked to a england girl also for a few months - she was SOOO BORING - she was sooo bland and i felt like she was so one dimensional. And my ex was a spanish girl... i really loved her but I was too young and she started talking about marriage which pushed me away. 
If you guys can confirm these stereotypes it'd be great :D I really want to know

Sorry for the long post but I'm really really interested in hearing from you guys who reside in different countries as well.

Comments
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@tdot2barca

No, Toronto is great! Just there's a region in downtown that has a lot of drug dealing and gang activity.

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

@MessiDona :

i'm from Egypt and it's too hard to talk about it in few sentences !
the main thing at the moment is that Egypt is not politically stable yet...

slick1 11 years ago
Chelsea, Switzerland 0 30

Switzerland - I guess you already know that Switzerland is one of the cleanest, richest, safest, pleasant and well run countries in the world.

The Swiss mentality is based on concepts of freedom, liberalism,
pluralism, tolerance and last but not least secularization (which marks a common
European difference compared to the U.S.A.).

Precision and punctuality are quite highly estimated throughout western Europe,
but there is little doubt that the Swiss are model students in these disciplines.

JesperKyd 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

UK- 
Not worth moving here while tory's are in charge 
Rich get richer poor get poorer
most jobs taken by immigrants. currently fearing for my job! as they are now using 'workfare' on people

Would love to move to japan tho.

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

@ironfist i totally get what you're saying, I have a few friends who are from egypt and theyve told me a lot about it.

@slick1 hah i've heard nothing but good things about switzerland !! one day hopefully when i'm a baller i really want to visit there and climb the swiss alps :D

@jesperkyd ya UK is pretty much like the US... 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@MessiDona no... US is pretty much like the Uk..

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@slick1,

Switzerland is one of the more comfortable and pleasant countries I've ever stayed in. It's incredibly clean. My family and I stayed on a hotel where everything was simply perfect. I just can't forget how punctual and properly everything was.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Dynastian I live in Toronto lol. It's bad in more then just downtown