Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Copa del Rey - Real Madrid vs Barcelona Have your say.
tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Previewing the Clasico: The line-ups, Messi, doubts, Vinicius, VAR...

enter image description here

The second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday night will be one of those matches that is pinpointed at the end of the season as being decisive, either in a positive or negative sense.

The winner will go on to the final and face either Real Betis or Valencia, while the loser will be filled with disappointment after losing to their most bitter rivals.

The 1-1 scoreline from the Camp Nou means that the match is very open going into the second leg and that will no doubt result in a fascinating spectacle on the pitch, just three days before they face off again in LaLiga Santander, also at the Bernabeu.

The two coaches, Santiago Solari and Ernesto Valverde, come into the game in a good frame of mind.

For Valverde, he saw his side twice come from behind as they beat Sevilla 4-2 away, which eased a few of the doubts that were starting to creep in, particularly after a toothless performance against Lyon in the first leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League. There is the possibility of the treble at Barcelona this season and the club will hope that Valverde's recent contract extension brings some stability going into the final stretch of the season.

Solari, for his part, has managed to recover a team that looked doomed earlier in the season. The home defeat to Girona on 17 February was a step backwards, but the team have a foot in the next round of the Champions League and will like their chances of reaching the Copa del Rey final.The doubtsBoth coaches have almost an entire squad to choose from, yet there are still a few doubts coming into the first Clasico of the week in terms of who should start..

- Who would you prefer Barcelona to play at right-back ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday night will be one of those matches that is pinpointed at the end of the season as being decisive, either in a positive or negative sense.The winner will go on to the final and face either Real Betis or Valencia, while the loser will be filled with disappointment after losing to their most bitter rivals.The 1-1 scoreline from the Camp Nou means that the match is very open going into the second leg and that will no doubt result in a fascinating spectacle on the pitch, just three days before they face off again in LaLiga Santander, also at the Bernabeu.

The two coaches, Santiago Solari and Ernesto Valverde, come into the game in a good frame of mind. For Valverde, he saw his side twice come from behind as they beat Sevilla 4-2 away, which eased a few of the doubts that were starting to creep in, particularly after a toothless performance against Lyon in the first leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League. There is the possibility of the treble at Barcelona this season and the club will hope that Valverde's recent contract extension brings some stability going into the final stretch of the season. Solari, for his part, has managed to recover a team that looked doomed earlier in the season. The home defeat to Girona on 17 February was a step backwards, but the team have a foot in the next round of the Champions League and will like their chances of reaching the Copa del Rey final.The doubtsBoth coaches have almost an entire squad to choose from, yet there are still a few doubts coming into the first Clasico of the week in terms of who should start..

• Who would you prefer Barcelona to play at right-back ?
  • Who would you prefer Real Madrid to play at left-back ?

The second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday night will be one of those matches that is pinpointed at the end of the season as being decisive, either in a positive or negative sense.The winner will go on to the final and face either Real Betis or Valencia, while the loser will be filled with disappointment after losing to their most bitter rivals.The 1-1 scoreline from the Camp Nou means that the match is very open going into the second leg and that will no doubt result in a fascinating spectacle on the pitch, just three days before they face off again in LaLiga Santander, also at the Bernabeu.

The two coaches, Santiago Solari and Ernesto Valverde, come into the game in a good frame of mind. For Valverde, he saw his side twice come from behind as they beat Sevilla 4-2 away, which eased a few of the doubts that were starting to creep in, particularly after a toothless performance against Lyon in the first leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League. There is the possibility of the treble at Barcelona this season and the club will hope that Valverde's recent contract extension brings some stability going into the final stretch of the season. Solari, for his part, has managed to recover a team that looked doomed earlier in the season. The home defeat to Girona on 17 February was a step backwards, but the team have a foot in the next round of the Champions League and will like their chances of reaching the Copa del Rey final.The doubtsBoth coaches have almost an entire squad to choose from, yet there are still a few doubts coming into the first Clasico of the week in terms of who should start..

• Who would you prefer Barcelona to play at right-back ?
Comments

- Who would you prefer Real Madrid to play at left-back ?

• History
  • Who would you prefer Real Madrid to play at left-back ?

- Who would you prefer Barcelona to play as the third midfielder?

• History
  • Who would you prefer Barcelona to play as the third midfielder?

- Who would you prefer Real Madrid to play at right wing?

The duels:

Glancing at the two line-ups, and even the benches, it is difficult to find another game on earth with so many stars. We have selected eight players who we believe will have a big impact on the match - let us know if you agree by voting for who you think will be the man of the match.

• History
  • Who would you prefer Real Madrid to play at right wing?

The duels:

Glancing at the two line-ups, and even the benches, it is difficult to find another game on earth with so many stars. We have selected eight players who we believe will have a big impact on the match - let us know if you agree by voting for who you think will be the man of the match.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

The Messi factor

Lionel Messi's inspired performance against Sevilla at the weekend was the worst news that Los Blancos could have received, and Barcelona's No.10 will be looking to add to his record of 15 goals in 19 visits to the Bernabeu.

The Madrid fans have seen the Argentine come into the fabled stadium and score two hat-tricks in the past, yet there is a statistic that goes against Messi: he has never scored a Copa del Rey goal at Madrid's home.

The referee... and VAR

Sanchez Martinez will be the man in charge of this fixture, having also overseen Barcelona's 5-1 demolition over Los Blancos earlier in the season, while De Burgos Bengoetxea will supervise the VAR room at Las Rozas.

The only source of controversy in the Clasico that Sanchez Martinez officiated came as he allowed the play to continue after Raphael Varane was adjudged to have brought Luis Suarez down in the box.

He consequently conferred with VAR and changed his mind, awarding Barcelona the penalty, as Suarez went on to convert and put his side 2-0 ahead.

Amerr30 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Can't wait for Vinicous Jr. to make Semedo & Pique look like overpaid, slow, and completely past it - as he did in the first game. There haven't been many great moments this season as a Real Madrid fan, but the emergence of the little Brazilian has been a wonderful surprise. I don't remember even Messi playing as well with such confidence, and ability at 18 years old.

I know it's still very very early, and it's possible that he's just an early bloomer close to his ceiling.. also possible is that the hype and the attention at such an early age stonewalls and destroys his career. So many things can go wrong, and he has to stay on a very narrow and strict path in order to make it and fulfill on the promise and potential that he clearly has.

But if he does.... He might even overtake CR... (and I know, this is very very optimistic but I'm fine with that)

I noticed Mbappe before he became the next big thing, and I was on Real Madrid fan sites praying that we sign him before he's noticed.. I was laughed at. Yet, I knew what I said, and he's slowly turning everyone into a believer. I think already Mbappe is more important to PSG than Neymar.

I see shades of similar maturity and confidence in Vinny despite the young age. I wish I could keep the media away from the kid..

Aaanyway, sorry for the off-topic. Don't know why I went that direction considering this is about the second leg of the copa del rey classico.

Wishing best of luck to both of the teams, hoping Barca don't abuse the dark arts.

I think Real Madrid should overcome and go to the final on Barcas expense. Starting with a good advantage having drawn the first game away.

Should be a good one. There's no reason to think we'll revisit the ghost of Lopetegui, and relive the nightmare of their previous visit to the Bernabeu. No reason. None at all. prays anxiously....

Cheers!

• History

Can't wait for Vinicous Jr. to make Semedo & Pique look like overpaid, slow, and completely past it - as he did in the first game. There haven't been many great moments this season as a Real Madrid fan, but the emergency of the little Brazilian has been a wonderful surprise. I don't remember even Messi playing as well with such confidence, and ability at 18 years old.

I know it's still very very early, and it's possible that he's just an early bloomer close to his ceiling.. also possible is that the hype and the attention at such an early age stonewalls and destroys his career. So many things can go wrong, and he has to stay on a very narrow and strict path in order to make it and fulfill on the promise and potential that he clearly has.

But if he does.... He might even overtake CR... (and I know, this is very very optimistic but I'm fine with that)

I noticed Mbappe before he became the next big thing, and I was on Real Madrid fan sites praying that we sign him before he's noticed.. I was laughed at. Yet, I knew what I said, and he's slowly turning everyone into a believer. I think already Mbappe is more important to PSG than Neymar.

I see shades of similar maturity and confidence in Vinny despite the young age. I wish I could keep the media away from the kid..

Aaanyway, sorry for the off-topic. Don't know why I went that direction considering this is about the second leg of the copa del rey classico.

Wishing best of luck to both of the teams, hoping Barca don't abuse the dark arts.

I think Real Madrid should overcome and go to the final on Barcas expense. Starting with a good advantage having drawn the first game away.

Should be a good one. There's no reason to think we'll revisit the ghost of Lopetegui, and relive the nightmare of their previous visit to the Bernabeu. No reason. None at all. prays anxiously....

Cheers!

tiki_taka 5 years ago

I share your opinion on Vinicius, not that he was better than Messi, he wasnt, althought not very far, he was better than 18yo Ronaldo for sure. but to grant him such a progression like Ronaldo did from his UTD start to now, thats a big objective. For Mbappe it was clear for us the people who watch ligue 1 that he got something, here in France he is the big star, communication genius, maturity, passion, football above all, his commitment to parents who perfected his formation and helped his career choices... he has everything to become a BO. but the most importance is decision making and the finishing, he looks like a 30yo final product already.

And thats the thing Vinicius doesnt have atm, normal, he is comming from Brazil, raw talent, fast, technical, but poor decision making. Luckily for him he is surrounded by one of the best in term of decision making, Modric. And he can only improve and then his stats will climb naturally. imo its not an unpopular opinion. Wr got Dembele for the future with same atributes...

Wishing best of luck to both of the teams

Really ? Going to trust your words here... :)

hoping Barca don't abuse the dark arts...

If our Messiah starts his black magic, cant promise you you wont get abused lol...

Best luck then to both teams, having Messi injured in first leg was a big blow... But all faith on him to turn this arround.

SoccerBoss 5 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Idk how much people will agree with me, but if Vinicius could've finished better last game, Barça would've definitely been done. On the other hand, he might've run past a few defenders last game, but he cannot be compared to Mess just yet. He literally blew so many chances last game, and if he had finished them then Madrid would've already been through. As for him running past Semedo and Pique, Pique maybe but not Semedo. Semedo has been playing great football the past few games, and in my eyes, he's worth the money. I think it'll be better to put him at right back and let Sergi Roberto play as third midfielder instead of Vidal. At the end of the day it'll be a great game, hopefully not marred by the refs, but I guess we will see...

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I cant stop saying Vinicius name. He sounds like some sort of avenger or super hero that has come to save Madrid. Came from absolutely nowhere.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

^More like a Gladiator from the Roman Empire lol

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Looking foward to see Vinicius growing and gaining in maturity, all he need is better finishing and maybe decision making and he will be on par with some of the greatest player of this generation. And yeah, his name does sound Roman. :P

SoccerBoss 5 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Actually I just watched the Madrid - Levante highlights and I'm starting to agree with what Amerr said, "I think Real Madrid should overcome and go to the final on Barcas expense" but not with "Barcas expense," but with "VAR's help", just like about any other game that Madrid has won this season. What a joke of a penalty that was on Casemiro. He was already diving and then barely gets clipped on the shin. What kind of BS is this. Madrid is solely winning due to VAR and penalties, and honestly I won't be surprised if the same happens tomorrow. Virtually Assisting Real madrid is truly a game-changing system!

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You are being negative. Stay optimistic because Barcelona has similar referee influence power.

I predict a narrow victory for Barcelona.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Gonna be a great great game of football. I hope we see the best, not the most controversial game.

Excited to see Messi and Vinicous

JoyKalemba 5 years ago
Arsenal, Uganda 0 4

Team Barcelona.
Copa Del Rey is coming home

SoccerBoss 5 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

HAHAHA, "Can't wait for Vinicous Jr. to make Semedo & Pique look like overpaid, slow, and completely past it." Yes, Vinicrapious definitely had his chances, but Semedo kept him in check most of the game and what happened in reality was the Vinicius proved that he has still a lot to learn. People simply over-hyped him, and this game brought all of the Vinicius worshippers down to earth. Madrid could've easily won the game had they converted their chances. Thankfully Barça woke up in the second half and showed the world whose the better of the two teams.

If Madrid play the same way on Saturday, and if Barça learn how to properly attack on Saturday, then it should be another great game.

Visca Barça!

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Overall Madrid were better than Barcelona for a majority of the match. Vinicius has so much to improve still bit he's very quick and has a good amount of flair. Piss poor finishing on the final third by Madrid.

Barca looked a little lost pushing forward thanks to Real shutting down lanes with plenty of people.

Overall I think it was a tame Classico. Hopefully the next one will be a bit more exciting. Nothing to complain about, really.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

Vinicius reminds me of robinho when he first arrive at real. Great dribbler needs work on finishing.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

We can afford to loose the next one now, lol...

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It seems like Barcelona are again dominating the league. Maybe, Real is thinking about bribing Mourinho again:)