Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Copa America 2024
Footy_watch 4 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

Anyone watching it. Chose to watch our first game then lost hope after a terrible display and then I missed our best game thrashing Paraguay.

Comments
DarthFooty 4 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1133

I have been watching. Outside the US, Brazil is my favorite national team, so I have always tried to watch them whenever they play.

The current Brazilian team is... interesting right now. They have talent for sure, but they seem to lack that overall bite. They dont scare other teams like they used to and they are missing that offensive flair. They can still put a good shift in and look the part, but if you see where they are in qualifiers, how they opened this Copa, and seen some of the friendlies, they are cleary looking for something more.

Colombia is up and are playing very well, so should be a good test to measure against. Then, off to the next round where if they put things together, they can go all the way.

I also watched the US vs Uruguay tonight and I am sorry to say that the US performance was embarrassing. The ref was bad enough, but it was like grade school ball for the US. Super frustrating to see for this level and the coach should really be paying the price.

I look forward to watching Brazil and hope they can find some better footing for continued growth and performances. The next world cup is not too far away.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

The level of football is worse in Copa America.

Argentina got lucky Ecuador shouldve won before the shootout. Even though penalties is a weakness of messi's I was surprised he missed, but martinez is just the best in shootouts so it wasn't an issue.

JordanRussell 3 months ago Edited
Manchester United 0 1

Yes same here. I was struggling to write a personal statement for my application. I had an essay that I needed help with, so I used https://ukwritings.com/essay-services The writer provided a well-structured and insightful essay that met all my requirements. It made a huge difference in my overall performance.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yes same here.

_Pelle_ 3 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 158 6923

USA only team to ever get eliminated from group stage as a host. 🫣

DarthFooty 3 months ago

@Pelle For the Copa? South Africa and Qatar got the boot in group stage as hosts from the World Cup.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

Wow the copa america hosts have been that good and I'm not surprised USA have broken that record. They are one of the worst footballing nations in the world

DarthFooty 3 months ago

Footy_watch 1 day ago
Arsenal, Brazil 26 1885

Wow the copa america hosts have been that good and I'm not surprised USA have broken that record. They are one of the worst footballing nations in the world

Careful here. While we played like absolute crap this tournament and should have sacked the coach, we are not the worst in the world.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

USA are among the worst.

Whilst our current players aren't that good the manager made us look even worse. We couldn't even create a clear chance against a 10men Uruguay. There seems to be a common problem of awful managers on the international level I'm sick of it.

Emobot7 3 months ago
542 11470

USA isn't that bad imho, they just really let themselve down with that results against Panama.

Anyway, as a proud Canadian, I'm very glad to see we have managed to reach the Copa Semi, this is honestly amazing and I hope we manage something against Argentina. Not that it would be terrible if we failed but we could write canadian history this years. The fact we are the last North Americain team still in the tournament is enough to make me very happy though.

On other topic, wow, that Brazil team been dissapointing, I felt angry at first when Ronaldinho said he wasn't gonna support them anymore just before the Copa but now I have to say he propably deserve some excuses after those performances.

DarthFooty 3 months ago

The Uruguay vs Brazil match was not a real game. 40+ fouls and neither team looked like wearing their earned jersey reputations. Super ugly match, even for a Copa.

Uruguay did play their gameplan to a tee which really disrupted Brazil, and this current Brazil team has a lot of growing to do. Even if Vini was able to play, I don’t see him changing the game that much, given how it played out.

Canada can frustrate Argentina with their physical play and will have chances on the break with their speed, but they will have to be clinical with those chances.

The best team of the cup right now is Columbia. I am very interested in watching that semi-final vs Uruguay.

Good luck to all teams still in the hunt!

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

The Uruguay vs Brazil match was not a real game. 40+ fouls and neither team looked like wearing their earned jersey reputations. Super ugly match, even for a Copa.

That was WWE in real life it was hilarious and I enjoyed it because it was so ridiculous and I was really bored after watching the awful euros matches. The ref is at fault for not giving enough yellows and there were probably another 40 aggressive tackles which the referee didn't call as fouls. It was the most physical game I've seen.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

Argentina though with 2 crap goals, shows how bad copa america is that a poor Argentina makes the final.

Emobot7 3 months ago
542 11470

So, the final will be Argentina vs Colombia, a bit dissapointed for Canada but honestly, didn't expect more from us, still happy we were able to play to that level.

Now for the final, its the team who played the best against the team who is both the reigning champ but also the world cup title current holder. Should be quite the game tbh. I kinda expect Argentina to take it honestly but it be an amazing achievement if Colombia did it.

PatrickJane 3 months ago
2 39

So, the final will be Argentina vs Colombia, a bit dissapointed for Canada but honestly, didn't expect more from us, still happy we were able to play to that level.

Buddy, there's still the match for 3rd place against Uruguay! Let's cheer for the Canadians!

Emobot7 3 months ago
542 11470

@PatrickJane True that, getting the third place would be an amazing achievement and its propably a more realist target than to beat Argentina right now. Looking forward to that game.

DarthFooty 3 months ago

Was at the match Uru vs Columbia..... Was fun to say the least. haha

DarthFooty 3 months ago

Canada should have beat Uruguay! I look forward to seeing their continued growth, as well as, pushing the US and Mexico in the region.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

Canada should have beat Uruguay!

They couldn't follow simple time wasting tactics in the end and the end of the game ended up being end to end like basketball which led to Suarez's goal. But it doesnt matter as its a pathetic match playing for 2nd loser. Both teams should forfeit these matches. I'm happy the euros didn't have this match for 2nd loser.

I'm happy the final got delayed as I forgot to tune in but it was only 30min gone when I remembered. Vamos Columbia

DarthFooty 3 months ago

The final was a good match. Not as physical as many of the others, which was nice, and both teams had their chances. Di Maria going out as a champion is very cool.