Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Copa America 2024
Footy_watch 4 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

Anyone watching it. Chose to watch our first game then lost hope after a terrible display and then I missed our best game thrashing Paraguay.

Comments
Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 27 1908

I regret making a thread for copa america after Argentina won it again.

Emobot7 3 months ago
542 11470

@Footy Well, I'd propably would have done one if you hadn't.

Here the thing though, the victory for Argentina is nice and all but if you saw any kind of news following their victory, you know they are kinda in trouble for their celebration on the way home. Enzo Fernandez filmed a video of him and his team-mates singing a racist song about the France National Team. Really despicable stuff from them and I hope action are gonna be taken against them for that. Enzo Fernandez team-mates at Chelsea are not happy with the whole things, thats for sure and he is especially in trouble for it.

DarthFooty 3 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 37 1133

In todays world view, yes, Argentina and Enzo are in trouble for the language of their song. Governing bodies will step in and fines and suspensions will be coming.

However………….. And call me old school in this if you want, but language and words can have different meanings. Cultures have different views and even how we gesture can mean different things.

I don’t know what the song entailed, and I am sure it’s pretty bad from todays perspective, but have we as a populace gotten softer? I see less mental fortitude, less earning and effort, less accountability now a days than ever before. We have keyboard warriors who can say what they want without repercussions, and we have a culture that can cry out to cancel someone just because they don’t like something.

Social media is a nightmare and politics are, well, the same. Haha

You don’t like what is written in a book… don’t read it and move on. You don’t like a movie, don’t watch it and move on. You don’t like a song, don’t listen to it and move on. NOOOOO, we have to make it about our feelings and our own personal idea of how things should work and if you are not with me, CANCELED.

Disclaimer: If that song does have racist comments in it, it shouldn’t be celebrated. But we have to be careful to push our own agenda, ideals, and understanding (or lack there of in some cases) on the masses. Your god might not be my god. Your rule might not be mine, ect……

Let's see if this post brings Sun out of retirement. haha