enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Comments
Salahadin 8 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Grtz Portugal and GONGRATS RONALDO and PEPE 1!!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

Congrats Portugal but above all else, congrats to Fonte, Pepe, Patricio and Eder, those 4 were incredible. Very sad for Ronaldo injury, I hope he get better soon. :(

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Have to agree with Emobot, especially Fonte, Pepe, Patricio showed absolutely incredible character for Portugal.

CONGRATS PORTUGAL!!

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Mourinho celebrating Portugal win :D

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ronaldo doing the Fergie time motion was amazing to me.

But seriously, congrats to Portugal, they gutted the game out. And of all people, Eder? That shot was worthy of winning a European Championship.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Ironic isn't, that a player like Eder playing in France was the one to win it in France for his team despite playing for another nation. Lets hope it won't ruin his relationship with the other french player of the league.

Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

What a game it was indeed! Portugal finally gets redemption after what happened in 2004.

France did well as well and had they won, my MOTM would've been Sissoko. When watching this match, I saw this new player in him I had never seen ever and it surely looked like he was playing for a new contract given the fact he stated that he doesn't want to play Championship football with Newcastle. I have read rumors that Arsenal are interested in him but we'll see.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Ronaldo before eder came on told him he'll be the one to score the winning goal...
Maybe that's why he took a shot from there

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

I can still can't really believe that Portugal won it. I don't think anyone was expecting this going into the tournament and especially after the group stage matches where they snuck out on 3 points. They were given a pretty easy side of the draw after that and had to go to extra time and penalties to win their next two matches so its hard not to call them lucky. In the semis was by far their best match. They beat Wales quite comfortably and fully deserved the win there. In the final, i have to say that the game was pretty 50/50 and you could say that Portugal deserved the victory. Anyways, Congrats Portugal!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I can still can't really believe that Portugal won it. I don't think anyone was expecting this going into the tournament and especially after the group stage matches where they snuck out on 3 points. They were given a pretty easy side of the draw and had to go to extra time and penalties to win it so its hard not to call them lucky. In the semis was by far their best match. They beat Wales quite comfortably and fully deserved the won there. In the final, i have to say that the game was pretty 50/50 and you could say that Portugal deserved the victory. Anyways, Congrats Portugal!

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I was surprised to see Portugal win the Final but you often hear it and in this case it was true, Defense wins championships. I pegged France to have too much firepower and the way they started the game, it sure looked only a matter of time before they scored to open up the flood gates. It never came though and France slowed its pace to fit Portugal just fine.

Losing CR7 usually would have hurt the team but not the way Portugal is built and coached. They just played great team defense and got the goal to win it all. As much as I don't like Pepe, his command in the back and how he played was awesome.

To be honest, the game got boring though. I am a fan of a GOOD low scoring match as long as both teams are in it. France just lost something right after Ronaldo left the match. Their speed of play and pressing just slowed and stopped.

All credit to Portugal though. I was at the 2004 Finals when they lost at home to Greece. This is their first major title and they earned it no matter how people might want to spin it.