Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Competition for Giroud
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Arsene is seeking to provide competition for Olivier Giroud. Sadly Park Chu Young, Bendtner, and Chamakh are not seen as competition. Park Chu Young is a tragedy really. Don't know why Wenger brought him in the 1st place. Other rumors include a loan bid for Dzeko. Anyway, let's hear some suggestions about which striker can fit in Arsenal's squad not just in position but in gameplay. 

Cazorla for example fit in perfectly and plays like he's been in Arsenal his whole life. We need a striker like that. Some one who will deliver and fit in Arsenal's gameplay. Oh and let me just say, I apologise to any gooners if it offends you, even if God came down to earth and advised Falcoa to move to Arsenal...he wouldn't. I think we all know where he's going.

So my suggestions would be:

Lewandowski- Borussia Dortmund; great finisher and good skill on the ball

Llorente- Athletico Madrid; he can add a whole new gameplay to Arsenal with his aerial prowess

This guy right here is my top pick. Jovetic would be quite an addition to our squad. If we can afford him that is.

OR we have the option to pick from our reserves like Afobe, Wellington Silva, or Joel Campbell. Let's hear some suggestions and reason with me why your suggestion would do well.

Comments
knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

No i would kill myself if any of those guys went to arsenal.

Stop acting like other teams are a market for your buying needs. If I were Lewandowski for example i would never leave BVB.

you`re out of your league here. Arsenal is not in the top 10 club teams IMO so just no.... no...

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I don't want none of them. 

BluntCanon 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

@knibis WOULD U PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE A DIQHEAD?!! 

our team need someone with clinical finisher attribute.. and i choose this guy! 

but the price tag is too high for again.. so i'm seeing wenger going for A.Lopez for cheaper alternative.. =( 
btw, those pic by koldi, each one of them got huge price tag too.. so.. cant say it will happen anytime soon.. 

BluntCanon 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

for *us again

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I'm sure these players wouldn't mind going to Arsenal. I just don't think they are the right fit. 

Falcao & Jovetic would fit in nicely though, but I don't think we need them.

Knibis, you are wrong.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@knibis  :please do what you wrote in your first line :)

@all : I think Jovetic is best suited considering Arsenal's gameplay and spending spree. But as GunnerAFC said, currently they do not need to buy a striker in winter. Giroud needs and as well deserves a season to prove his mettle.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

"No i would kill myself if any of those guys went to arsenal." - Is this a promise?, if so, CMON ARSENAL PLEASE SIGN ONE OF THESE PLAYERS, then it's party time for the members of footyroom.

On topic - I think any of the players you posted would be a fantastic signing for Arsenal and I believe all would fit in to the team, I would say Llorente would be the best signing of them all, but the price tags would be a problem I think. Isn't Llorente though available on a free as he hadn't signed a new contract yet?

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

My first choice would be giuseppe rossi. He knows cazorla very well already, he is fast and is a superb finisher. It's a terrible shame he was injured. I hope he comes back even stronger.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@Naman as a mod and a witness you could see FOR YOURSELF who derailed this perfectly normative thread. This thread was designed as a user friendly debate to see which striker would fit in Arsenal that was all! To attack knibis' claims of "buying whoever we want" has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. 

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Anyway moving on from garbage...

@GunnerAFC I think we need a good striker to back up Giroud. Gervinho is good but I know you don't like him :D so which striker would you like to see?

@BluntCanon I agree with the price tags but reports have come in stating that Wenger has a war chest and is willing to spend. Who knows what will happen.

@naman I hope Giroud comes out strong. But if we don't get a decent striker to back him up we could have a striker crisis like Liverpool. You see where I'm coming from? Chamakh is low on confidence and I don't see him gaining form soon either. It's sad :/

@Jim I believe Llorente would be free after 6 months or so. Maybe Athletico could sell him off to the highest bidder.

@KingHenry He would be a magical player.

username 12 years ago

Lol at knibis...someone's mad...

Gojira 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 12 122

Wow...just wow. koldi makes a thread about a hypothetical situation about which striker could possibly fit in Arsenal and knibis generalizes every Arsenal fan.  

shpalman 12 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@koldimere: i don't think you would get Jovetic moving away from Florence that easy. i'd like to see Rossi in EPL instead,nice player,i hope he'll come in handy soon for our national team too.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@shpalman yeah I realize that but which fan of any team wouldn't dream of having a player like Jovetic? Rossi is amazing and like KingHenry said he'd link up with Cazorla.

shpalman 12 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

yep absolutely,he was really unlucky lately,if he doesn't plan to come back in italy i think there are really good chances to see him in EPL. his manager said that already in january there will be a move,someone say he's headed to Inter. i hope not,let's see.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Balotelli should go to Arsenal xD hahahah

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I think Alan Dzagoev would fit in well to Arsenal. He is a great passer/finisher and he is not that cheap- he is also very young!

BluntCanon 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

dzagoev is a good option though.. wenger did receive a war chest but smashing the transfer record for a player.. *sigh* i just hope he at least buy someone.. -_-"

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

@koldi wenger has 'war chest' every freakin year but he wont spend them

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Also i have been thinking what about Marco Reus?