Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Draw Pots and final Groups
Tuanis 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

first time we have this new pots arrangement. any thoughts?

we could have groups like

Barcelona - United - Roma - Wolfsburg

or

Zenit - Porto - Dynamo - Malmo

The range of the pots have been modified to allow teams with way lower coef. to be in higher pots. That is why we are having RM and City in the same pot which is still bothering me.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

first time we have this new pots arrangement. any thoughts?

we could have groups like

Barcelona - United - Roma - Wolfsburg

or

Zenit - Porto - Dynamo - Malmo

The range of the pots have been modified to allow teams with way lower coef. to be in higher pots. That is why we are having RM and City in the same pot which is still bothering me.

Comments
FredTilson 9 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

Thanks. I think we will beat Juventus but lose to Sevilla. Unai Emery is a sly SOB. You'll easily top your group. Roma aren't that great in Europe.

AlexBatak 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Interesting..

• History

Interesting..

FredTilson 9 years ago

Mourinho vs Casillas will definitely be interesting.

Tuanis 9 years ago

that last image had me laughing for a while lol.

anyways... This format creates some great groups, haven't seen such interesting groups in a while.

Group A: RM - PSG
Group B: Manchester United - Wolfsburg
Group C: Atletico Madrid - Benfica
Group D: City - Sevilla
Group E: Barcelona - Roma
Group F: Bayern - Arsenal
Group G: Chelsea - Porto
Group H: Zenit - Valencia

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Groups B C D and H are very even at the moment. Interesting draw following the change in format.

Since we already started doing predictions...
A- PSG-RM
B- ManU-Wolfsburg (if they keep Dost and De Bruyne)
C- Atletico-Gala
D- ManCity-Juve
E- Barca-Roma
F- Bayern-Arsenal
G- Chelsea-Porto
H- Valencia-Lyon

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 14 985

Our group wont be easy. I hope juve trash citeh.

• History

Our group wont be easy. I hope juve trash citeh.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Tuanis We have the same prediction! Except for Group D, Seriously? You ruled out Juventus? They almost won the CL last year and won the triple.

FredTilson 9 years ago

Good. Let the hate flow through you.

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Trust me its more than hate XD.

Oloman 9 years ago
Galatasaray 0 264

nice group for galatasaray. at least we can go to the europa league now.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

This is an unpopular opinion but I think City (Again) will be humiliated in the group stages. Oh well let's wait and see I guess.

DatGuy 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, United States 4 20

City have a tough group, but they will have failed if they don't finish 2nd at least. They should win that group given their squad and expenditure. Juve is weaker in my eyes than last year with the loss of Tevez, Pirlo, and though Sevilla are Europa Champions and stronger than last season, they shouldn't seriously trouble City.

United and Chelsea should win their groups - groups which are well balanced with potential banana skins that need to be carefully navigated. CSKA away is tricky for any team (look at the past years), Porto is trouble and Chelsea won't like the distances they have to travel to Kyiv and Tel-Aviv especially with the PL to think about.

Arsenal to me are the team in most trouble. It's a toss-up between them and Olympiakos for 2nd. Whoever nicks points from the other and plasters the most goals past Zagreb will get 2nd, while limiting Bayern's attackers to the fewest goals will get that 2nd place.

I like Group H..anything can happen

Group A: Real Madrid - PSG - Shaktar (EL) - Malmo.
Group B: Manchester United - CSKA - Wolfsburg (EL) - PSV.
Group C: Atletico Madrid - Benfica - Gala (EL) - Astana.
Group D: Man. City - Juventus - Sevilla (EL*) - Gladbach.
Group E: Barcelona - Leverkusen - Roma - BATE.
Group F: Bayern - Arsenal - Olympiakos - Zagreb.
Group G: Chelsea - Porto - Kyiv - Maccabi T.A.
Group H: Valencia - Lyon - Zenit - Gent.

Also, England have a good opportunity to increase their coefficient points over Italy this season - if they take it!]

Edit: Southampton have gone the West Ham way of not caring about EL and coefficient points. Over to you Spurs and Liverpool

• History

City have a tough group, but they will have failed if they don't finish 2nd at least. They should win that group given their squad and expenditure. Juve is weaker in my eyes than last year with the loss of Tevez, Pirlo, and though Sevilla are Europa Champions and stronger than last season, they shouldn't seriously trouble City.

United and Chelsea should win their groups - groups which are well balanced with potential banana skins that need to be carefully navigated. CSKA away is tricky for any team (look at the past years), Porto is trouble and Chelsea won't like the distances they have to travel to Kyiv and Tel-Aviv especially with the PL to think about.

Arsenal to me are the team in most trouble. Bayern will beat them twice. it's a toss-up between them and Olympiakos for 2nd. Whoever nicks points from the other and plasters the most goals past Zagreb will get 2nd, while limiting Bayern's attackers to the fewest goals will get that 2nd place.

Arsenal to me are the team in most trouble. Bayern will beat them twice. it's a toss-up between them and Olympiakos for 2nd. Whoever nicks points from the other and plasters the most goals past Zagreb will get 2nd, while limiting Bayern's attackers to the fewest goals will get that 2nd place.

Also, England have a good opportunity to increase their coefficient points over Italy this season - if they take it!

Arsenal to me are the team in most trouble. It's a toss-up between them and Olympiakos for 2nd. Whoever nicks points from the other and plasters the most goals past Zagreb will get 2nd, while limiting Bayern's attackers to the fewest goals will get that 2nd place.

Also, England have a good opportunity to increase their coefficient points over Italy this season - if they take it!

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago
1 461

Daaaaaang, Group F is going to be a toughie, but at the end of the day, only Bayern or Arsenal can go through...
#DINAMODINAMO

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Not even surprised. Gets Bayern, finish 2nd, fails to go through the round of 16, repeat.

• History

Not even surprised. Gets Bayern, finish 2nd, fails to go through the round of 16, gets 4th spot. Hope for something to happen in transfer window, meh. Repeat.

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

This is a tricky group for United. PSV, Wolfsburg, and CSKA- Not even one team will let you walk over them.

Tuanis 9 years ago

@Alex

well it isnt that hard to predict two out of four teams moving on, I differ from yours on who was going to end up first in each group. And Juve is basically a new team now a days. I see City way stronger and Sevilla is a team to watch out for.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Hey gooners don't let your heads down ! On a bright side , Arsenal fans get to see Vidal and Lewandowski at the Emirates!

• History

Hey gooners don't let your heads down ! On bright side , Arsenal fans get to see Vidal and Lewandowski at the Emirates!

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Tuanis I didn't make it in order who will be first or second. Just who will make it to the next round. Yeah I understand that Juve is not like last year but those players you mentioned can be replaced with even better younger ones.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

OH YES! Going to watch Arsenal in Zagreb! And maybe Bayern! Can't wait for it. :D

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Arsenal vs Bayern is gonna be interesting match. This match is gonna test Wenger's judgement for all the frustrating transfer decisions he's made till now, LOL.