Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea's season falling apart - what can we do to fix it?
legends16 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Hi guys, sorry it's been a while since I posted on here. After watching Chelsea's abject defeat to Bournemouth, I felt compelled to have a rant on here and see what other Chelsea fans think. We are now in 5th place, only 2 points above 6th placed Manchester United who are in a rich vein of form, and right now this season is looking a very bleak one for us.

For me, the issue clearly is Sarri and his formation. Whilst I don't believe that he should be sacked yet, as he clearly needs more time, I strongly feel that he has to drastically reconsider his tactics. The warning signs have been there for a while now - struggling to score which meant 0-0 draws with Southampton and Everton and losses to Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal before culminating in tonight's atrocity. We now haven't scored a single time in the last 3 away games for the first time since 2002, which just shows how shit we are in the final 20m of the pitch.

Teams have basically figured out how to play us, after our solid start to the PL season. This has mainly been through marking Jorginho out of the game, so that he cannot set the tempo of the side. We also play far too many passes in the final third, and just cannot seem to manage to score. And yet Sarri does not consider changing his system in any capacity at all. He just sticks with the same old, same old which is clearly not working anymore.

Now, I'm not saying that none of this has been the fault of the players. Pedro and Giroud have both had poor seasons, and despite a good start Alonso has had a run of poor form. Barkley has also struggled to show what he is capable of. But although there have been some players not performing to their highest level, it is obvious that we NEED a variation in formation and tactics. We also need to involve young players like Callum and Ruben more, who have been extremely bright whenever they have played.

I'd love to know what you guys think Chelsea need to do to get their act together this season.

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Sarri is talking with As Roma, he has direspectful behavior at times. I think a change of coach must be done.
Madrid are more mad about the transfer ban than Chelsea if you know what I mean :)

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Arrizabalaga's refusal to come off was one of the most blatant disrespect of a managerial decision that I have ever seen. It's shameful how much power the players have in Chelsea over Sarri. What I find most shocking is that it was a newcomer like Kepa to disobey, not a veteran. I feel like Luiz might have been telling Kepa to respect the manager's decision and come off, but I could be wrong.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is the result of not having clear leadership at board, in the management and in the team! I don’t know see a captain on the team? Azpi should have been talking to Kepa not goofball Luiz! What a disgrace from Kepa and this guy just recently joined. Those moron fans who were chanting fck Sarri should equally chant about Kepa because that is huge disrespect! Our club must be harsh on him! This is reputation of our club and it will set the tone for the future!

Madridista11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Tiki

Bro... 🤦🏿‍♂️

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@madridista just kidding, but it reminded me of Griezmann situation. Eden can’t leave his club letting without possibility to sign.
I don’t know why they got banned, someone knows ? It’s affecting on loan players like Morata and Gonzalo.

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47329293

Apparently it's the same reason the Spanish giants got bans: not signing underage players properly.

Also, not sure how popular an opinion this is among Chelsea fans, but I think Azpilicueta should be stripped of his captaincy and the armband be given to Rudiger instead. He's the only vocal one I see in Chelsea, and he seems to genuinely care for the club's well-being. You need to establish a good hierarchy among the players, and Rudiger seems like the most mature head to have at the top.

What do Chelsea fans think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not a Chelsea fan, but this action raises some pretty serious questions. If you get a player refusing to do something as obvious as a substitution, who can tell what else is going on that we don't get to see?

Chelsea falling apart every few years is always entertaining, but this is the first time I've really looked at the Chelsea players this way, an outright refusal like that...the manager is the club's appointed representative for tactical decisions, and to straight-up refuse it...something about this makes me doubt this is the first time, and unless the house gets cleaned, it's only going to get worse irrelevant of who the manager is.

In addition, someone mentioned this in a reddit match thread, and it's worth the thought: if you're Abramovich and you see this + transfer ban + bad season + Hazard probably leaving + geopolitical tensions b/w England and Russia, and just bow out now while the club is still worth a lot? Because a nosedive in value does not seem far off. Then again, if the pattern of the last few years holds, then Sarri will get sacked, Chelsea will finish well off the UCL spots, and some poor bastard will come in, briefly revitalize the team, maybe get a Premier League, and then the process will start again. Who knows.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

First, we need fire Marina Granovskaya - that b*tch never had any qualification to be there in the first place. She has been very influential which is fcking crazy to me that she has so much power in the club.
Second, our board obviously is incapable of creating culture and one true identity. Fish rots from it's head.
Third, we don't have any leadership not even in the team. Dave is to nice to be captain. We don't have a strong character player, i don't know how Manager overlooked this when captain is his confidant on the field.

If you all don't know but Chelsea right now is up for grabs because Roman put it up for sale, due to tensions between West and Russia. However, it won't happen soon because if I had money to buy Chelsea, I would wait for Roman to get really desperate to knock off the price! Roman doesn't show at the games anymore due to visa, and his detachment has made an impact on the club as well as the team. He used to drop by dressing room before matches to remind the slackers who f8cks and feeds them.