Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea-where to go from here?
_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

So Chelseas best player, Hazard, left for Real madrid... and I am curious how they are going to move on from here. Should they rebuild and create a new core out of their own youngsters? Buy new big names? Or how should their philosophy be? Continue on the posession minded Sarri ball or take a new direction? What manager would be a good fit for Chelsea?

Neutral fans with so many questions... any suggestions?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So Chelseas best player, Hazard, left for Real madrid... and I am curious how they are going to move on from here. Should they rebuild and create a new core of their own youngsters? Buy new big names? Or how should their philosophy be? Continue on the posession minded Sarri ball or take a new direction? What manager would be a good fit for Chelsea?

Neutral fans with so many questions... any suggestions?

Comments
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

For me, Chelsea will need time to rebuild and find themselve again, especially if Sarri leave.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is the year where we prove that we are a big club with strong vision, academic foundation and strategy to rebuild ourselves without relying on transfer market.

I still don't know who is going to be manager but it won't matter if the board will not create environment for him to build and implement new philosophy into the team.

Some people don't realize but Mourinho's founded team philosophy in 2004 was still affecting on how we were playing, how players within the club gained power to influence managers to adapt to them instead of otherwise especially when boardroom didn't oppose that behavior from players and threw managers under the bus everytime issues aroused. In 2004 players were young and hungry, so i hope our young players this year will be just as hungry and ready to prove themselves. Our entire management must synchronize in one motion towards the goal of rebuilding this team, because we have identity crisis.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus I completely agree with you. The team need to build itself a new personality. Hopefully, the board realize that it need to let more freedom to the new coach for this to work.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I heard they are going to put a bit more emphasis on their academy for 2019/2020 going forward.

Emergence of RLC
Callum Hudson-Odoi making first team.

They have a pretty good academy record winning the youth Champions League.

2cents.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Loftus cheek, hodson odoi, loanees.... I don’t think they will collapse they surely will have to wait till transfer ban ends... imo top 4 is still possible specially 4th place next season if Arsenal and United keep being inconsistent...
This season will be very important because the board will rely on existing players and then they will see who deserve to stay and who deserves to leave. They must keep Kante at any cost. In adversity big players show up, they will be very busy once they will be eligible to buy...

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I think with Hazard leaving, it really is a new beginning for us. He was a huge part of why we were successful in recent years.

So given it's a new beginning, it makes sense to bring in Lampard, regardless of his lack of managerial experience. Lampard being the club legend that he is will be given time by the fans and Abramovich to rebuild the team, and I'm totally happy for a couple of years without trophies, if we see a long Lampard reign after that.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Plus if we are transfer banned, then that puts off a lot of new managers who would ask for some investment or players they've worked with/suit their style. Lampard knows the Chelsea guys and loanees better than anyone.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Kepa can be manager too..

serans 5 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

I hope that Lampard will come, cause Chelsea needs strong figure.
You have young talented squad: Loftus, Hudson and Abraham is coming back.
Lampard proved in Derby that he is great working with young lads.
Just dont lose anymore players and we will see if new generetion can step up! Best of luck :)

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

They still have a strong enough to at least challenge for top 4. They were very lucky to get it last year, but with the sale of Hazard it will be a lot harder. I think they'll end up falling short.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Good opportunity for their younsters though... And Chelsea has around 30-40 players on loan so getting some back would be like a summer transfer window lol

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Yep, they need to work with their young player and I feel Lampard is propably the best for that.

rated10 5 years ago
Chelsea, Nigeria 1 5

I think We(chelsea fc) will have no problem to replace hazard in the near future, things will be a little shaky at first, especially loosing a player like eden.. but if you look at it, chelsea has always been like this, getting great players that people feel can't be replaced, history has shown this.
let's just get our heads up, and we will be at the top as usual.. cheers mates!

Also may i use this opportunity to let you guys here know about this great offers, Click HERE

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Yes, like Zola! He was amazing for us but look how many great players we brought after him.

I think we already have few that can develop into world class if we pay them good attention.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

And Chelsea has around 30-40 players on loan so getting some back would be like a summer transfer window lol

Yep.