{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Chelsea vs Manchester United Predictions/Post-match Reactions
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

1-0 For Chelsea .

Comments
bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

Man utd barely troubled courtois, our defence was rock solid and we have shown teams before that possesion doesnt win you games it depends on what you do with that amount of possesion

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Interesting one

chooyaochuen 9 years ago
Manchester United 4 226

Looks like it's all over now. Congrats to Chelsea!

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@quickzy so diving in the last minute to get a penalty is stylish football isnt it? Lol

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

Dominated in every department ? Nah , in possession yes ...

Mourinho believes that Chelsea can do more with 30 percent of the ball than the opposition can do with 70%. Most of the time, he's right. Most of the time, he wins. This isn't David vs. Goliath, this is the Ali "Rope-a-Dope" played out to perfection. This is a masterclass in counter punching !!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Dominated ? Nah , in possession maybe . Here is a quote

Mourinho believes that Chelsea can do more with 30 percent of the ball than the opposition can do with 70%. Most of the time, he's right. Most of the time, he wins. This isn't David vs. Goliath, this is the Ali "Rope-a-Dope" played out to perfection. This is a masterclass in counter punching !!

Dominated in every department ? Nah , in possession yes . Here is a quote

Dominated in every department ? Nah , in possession yes .

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Don't tell me your players never tried to dive this season in last minute to save the match. He tried, and failed, Cahill did well.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

There are two types of diving. One is exaggerating when you have been fouled to increase your chances of being awarded a penalty, the other is the stupid thing that Herrera did when you purposely trip yourself up over someone else and scream for a penalty.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He learnt that probably from Di Maria

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

Quickzy i was talking about the quote mate every team has divers and i know that but giving reasons such as "oh we'd rather lose a game than win a game with "ugly" football" is just stupid really... as if united havent been winning ugly in their previous seasons

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Funny incident before match . Fellaini's brother almost jeopardizing preparations .

"I came down in the morning and the doorman said, ‘Fellaini isn’t playing’," Mourinho told reporters.

"The doorman asked him, ‘What do you want here?’ He said, ‘I’m Fellaini and I’ve come to get tickets from my friend Eden Hazard’.

"Didn’t smell well for me. I go to Google on my phone and I put in Fellaini brother. The guy is the same.

"So I go with the pictures to the doorman. I say, ‘This one or this one?’ He looks, ‘This one’.

"F*** off, he’s the brother."

Marcus2011 9 years ago

I think this season has been very irritating for everyone . Irritating for other football fans to see how Chelsea been dominating from day one and irritating for chelsea fans to see you moan and hate on Chelsea . 8 more points and we are done . So, let's be patient ) .

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus, total shots, corner kicks, possession. This is exactly why it's so hard to convince Chelsea fans of just how pathetic this performance was. Because the match ended 1-0, when it could have easily been a draw, Chelsea fans will no doubt play the "professional" narrative card. Mourinho did not have to win this game to win the league. He did not have to play the game the way he did to beat United. He could have easily opened up and set up an attacking/entertaining style of football and STILL beaten United, given how many injuries we had. But no, he was too afraid of taking United head on. He decided to play with a CDM in the midfield along with Zouma, who is a central defender by trade. And that is what is irritating to football fans: Chelsea are the champions of England. But they don't play like champions. Lets take it back to May of 2011. United and Chelsea were in a similar situation towards the end of the season. The match was at Old Trafford and either team winning would have shifted the title race in their favor. United steamrolled Chelsea 2-1 in a dominating performance and went on the win the league. And that WASN'T a good United side by any means, yet we did not hide in our shell playing with a cowardly, defensive tactic that only weaker teams use. Mourinho may have won the league, but he will never be known for elevating football to a higher level. If you can't understand this point and I have no doubt you and your fellow Chelsea supporters won't, then it is not worth discussing.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

^ they do understand your point, but they either dont care at all (have same mentality as Mourinho) or they just dont want to acknowledge it. That is why there is no need to discuss this old topic. They are winning the league playing similar to how they won the UCL and if they keep on winning there would be no reason to change their playing style for as long as Mourinho stays. The main difference is recognized when this season Chelsea play this way they are praised by their fans but when United wins while playing horrible football we know we need to correct that, we know we can play better and win playing nice football and we are the first to criticize our team because, it is not always about winning, and I say not always because a in certain occasions and circumstances in which a win is needed by all costs any positive results is justified regardless of the performance.

But what are we doing criticizing Chelsea for how they played against us and how they often play? They won and they are about to win the league... We should be congratulating them.

But should we be congratulating a team for their wins, or for how they play? Netherlands in the 70s won nothing yet they managed to be recognized as one of the best teams in history of football.

If what non Chelsea fans are saying after the game sound salty or may come off as a bad loser speech, I will just say that at the moment when when a Chelsea fan starts demanding more football from their team regardless of the victories, most of the people will stop complaining or criticizing Chelsea.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Guys, chill. Exactly like Tuanis said, Chelsea's fans and Mou refused to acknowledge the fact that we, and a lot of other natural fans dislike their playing styles. But it's their choices, we respect that. Would be nice if they aknowledge our frustration not at the result, but how the game went.

Of course I didn't like the game, that no doubt about it, we lost. But the main reason was, it was such a boring game. I was hoping for much more entertaining game, JUST a bit more open and more "game turn of event" or "jaw dropped situation". There was absolutely no such thing... Well I chose to dislike it so much.

Chelsea won, though, if that's what matters most. congratulation.

• History

Guys, chill. Exactly like Tuanis said, Chelsea's fans and Mou refused to acknowledge the fact that we, and a lot of other natural fans dislike their playing styles. It's their choices.

Of course I didn't like the game, that no doubt about it, we lost. But the main reason was, it was such a boring game. I was hoping for much more entertaining game, JUST a bit more open and more "game turn of event" or "jaw dropped situation". There was absolutely no such thing... Well I chose to dislike it so much.

Guys, chill. Exactly like Tuanis said, Chelsea's fans and Mou refused to acknowledge the fact that we, and a lot of other natural fans dislike their playing styles. But it's their choices, we respect that. They also need to respect our frustration not at the result, but how the game went.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Okey. Here is something that non-Chelsea fans don't know and therefore I for one will explain it as simple as i can. You are the manager, you are missing your first and second choice strikers, you are on top of the league with 7 games to go, playing against 1 of the 2 inform teams who are trying to catch you, which are Arsenal and Manchester United. So the question is as a manager what would satisfy you in this situation? Playing safe for a draw or be naive and go all in for no reason? Of course everyone would go for a draw so what to do? Mark all their threatening players such as Rooney and Fellaini and play counter attacking football. Mourinho gave you all that possession to play back passes as much as you want for the 90 mins, he did not care a bit. He controlled the game from the first minute till the last. If you think that football is just about possession then you are completely wrong. Arsenal used to have all the possession they could but what happened? Their fans got frustrated by their team for not taking shoots but rather pass the ball around instead, how is that entertaining? I could write a lot about this game and how Mourinho owned United at their best but I won't.

Arsenal and Manchester United at the beginning of the season were playing boring football and got many sloppy wins just like we did in some matches, but the difference is that we've been on top of the table since day one with only 2 (away) losses. We have been dominant and Mourinho deserves all the credit. Fact: Chelsea never lost to Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United & Liverpool since Mourinho came back in 2013.

Notice that we also have the most goals in the league (Just putting that there)

At the end of the day, if we play to entertain other fans (which we really don't care about), no one will celebrate with us winning the title anyways.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

^ I agree with you. Better to play safe at end. However I was shocked when I saw 30% possesion by Chelsea.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@AlexBatak: fair enough. We can see why your manager did that.

But it doesn't mean we enjoy it. I am a bit bias here, that's no doubt. But I have seen so many natural fans slam your "point-is-the-only-purpose" tactic.

I would love to see the champion play like a champion though :) When we got the point back at the beginning, trust me man... all of us showed how shameful our performances were and how De Gea saved our asses. We acknowledge it, but we were happy that we made it to top 4.

• History

@AlexBatak: fair enough. We can see why your manager did that.

But it doesn't mean we enjoy it. I am a bit bias here, that's no doubt. But I have seen so many natural fans slam your "point-is-the-only-purpose" tactic.

I would love to see the champion play like a champion though :)

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Tuan_jinn Fair enough at "but we were happy that we made it to top 4."

And we are happy too. :)

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

If we had Costa I believe we would have played like we usually do against big teams, like that 3-1 win last year. Having said that we would still have had less possession as that is just a tactic we use. Even with Costa, I'm sure we would have still played Zouma or Ramires ahead of Oscar/Willian.

Any fan whether City, Arsenal etc. would have been happy if their team did what Chelsea did and secure the title. We all hate on our rivals at times but at the end of the day you're happier when your team get the three points, than play beautifully and leave empty handed... something LVG covered in his post-match interview. Shaw was a joy to watch, Herrera was solid apart from some mistakes, and Young, McNair etc. all played well like LVG said. He's extremely happy with his performance, but concedes that fans won't be happy as they left empty handed.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"If we had Costa I believe we would have played like we usually do against big teams"
So, exactly like you played. Don't get that wrong, but it would be similar match just with more yellow cards :).