Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League 19/20
ArgjentD 4 years ago Edited
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Maybe it's still early, but who do you think will win UCL this season and why?!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Maybe it's still early, but who do you think will win UCL this season and why?!

Comments
Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Here To see Emobots reaction. :p

And btw, can we get some highlights? Where’s the video highlights section!

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

enter image description here

As for the highlight, they are still there, you just gotta scroll down. FR removed the thumbnail since Covid-19. Enough off-topic talk from me though. ;)

• History

enter image description here

uncle_touchy 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

So psg Vs Bayern.

Let's just call it now, there's no way psg are going to beat Bayern. I'd put my money on Bayern ripping psg an new butthole sorry. XD

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Pep is cursed for all the referees decisions that went his way while he was with Barcelona.

2009 and 2011 full of controversies. I know big clubs get their fair of decisions going their way, but the way Barcelona was having in Europe was unparalleled. That is why I am happy to see how karma is punishing Barcelona and Pep for all those times they got away with a crime.

PSG and Bayern is one of the most deserving finalists in long a time. I hope it will be very exciting match for neutral spectators.

For the first time in long time I can say PSG is a dark horse that will surprise and shock efficient Bayern. If it goes into extra time I can see PSG taking it home. Psgs Key will be winning at first half and forcing Bayern to play high line while hitting them in counter with pacy strikes. They will get their chances, just have to convert them

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Marcus: I think I agree, he really got his curse from those despite playing top football.

By that Logic, Real would be next. That team's cup is full of controversy.

MU have been paying for our controversy for the last 10 years :D. Time to shine guys

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

For morality, I hope everyone on planet Earth 🌍 supports Bayern Munich.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marcus agree.

however I don't think Bayern will have it that easy, look at Lyon, they had 3 big opportunities in the first half, Mbape would have finished them without a doubt and by the time Bayern would look back, it would be 0:2 or even worse. Hope Bayern will win it, they would be the first team in the competition to win all the games.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

The disrespect towards PSG... I’m not going to argue against the clearly biased comments saying Bayern will easily win the final, because they might actually do so. But pretending it’s an obvious outcome is ridiculous. I think everyone have noticed how high up on the pitch Bayerns defensive line is positioned, and running home against Mbappe is a lost run. Bayerns dilemma will be where to put that line, if they drop too much their team will be too elongated which will create room to play for example in front of the defenders. That is good for Neymar. If they put that line too high it will give possibilities to pass the ball behind their defenders which is good for Mbappe. PSG is not Barca 2020 or Lyon, they do have weapons that can hurt Bayern badly.

Bayern on the other hand will win if they can dominate the midfield and cut PSG defensive part off of the team from the offensive. And just like Bayern their CBs arent the fastest.

• History

The disrespect towards PSG... I’m not going to argue against the clearly biased comments saying Bayern will easily win the final, because they might actually do so. But pretending it’s an obvious outcome is ridiculous. I think everyone have noticed how high up on the pitch Bayerns defensive line is positioned, and running home against Mbappe is a lost run. Bayerns dilemma will be where to put that line, if they drop too much their team will be too elongated which will create room to play for example in front of the defenders. That is good for Neymar. If they put that line too high it will give possibilities to pass the ball behind their defenders which is good for Mbappe. PSG is not Barca 2020 or Lyon, they do have weapons that can hurt Bayern badly.

Bayern on the other hand will win if they can dominate the midfield and cut PSG defensive part of the team from the offensive. And just like Bayern their CBs arent the fastest.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

@ Pelle Your team is fighting two currents if you think about it. One is their history in the Champions League and how they lost in those big matches. The second is how their domestic league is viewed as a bit lower than La Liga, Germany, EPL, Serie A. There are some very solid teams, but the league is dominated by one team, PSG.

Now, your team has deserved to be in the final and you do have the players very capable of beating anyone in the world. I wouldn't say it would be a complete upset if Bayern lost and I am actually rooting for PSG to win.

Leading up to now, Bayern has been a very consistent, more complete team. PSG has threats for sure and if it comes down to a track meet, you have a very good chance to win it. You are not catching Mbappe on a breakaway, you will have your hands full dealing with Neymar and Di Maria. Your defense is just as good when they are on. Heck one of my fav defenders is Tiago Silva.

It's not so clear cut, but Bayern has to be the favorites. I hope to see a great game on both sides!

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

PSG has been good enough to win a UCL for a few years now, they just haven't. So people invariably believe they'll crumble when they meet serious opposition because it's happened so many times before.

Logically, this has no merit, every year is different. Try to convince most people of that, however, and you're in for a struggle.

I can see a situation where PSG win, I just see it as less likely than a situation where Bayern win.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

When Chelsea won UCL final against Bayern, everyone said that they will destroy us. Yes, you need a bit of luck. Well, in our case, when we had aging team with lots of internal issues, we need lots of luck. Yet in the end we didnt get a lot of clear chances in front of the goal, but when we did, our players hurried them.
Chelsea had years when we were arguably strongest club in the world but didn’t win crap and went out of competition. Same applies to many other great clubs that were strongest at particular year but didn’t win CL.

Same can happen with PSG! I believe it because Bayern has more pressure to win it due to high expectoration from everyone. PSG must be very compact in defense and hit them hard everytime they move high!

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea had years when we were arguably strongest club in the world

which years you mean?

Marcus2011 4 years ago Edited

03-04 Monaco
04-05 Ghost goal to Liverpool who we
05-06 Barcelona referee decision
06-07 Liverpool
07-08 Manchester United penalties
08-09 Barcelona

Our team was build specifically to win UCL ( That is what our godfather Roman wanted ) and dominate it, that is why year after year we were in final stages unlike teams like psg or city whose foundations and heritage wasn’t build right. Because even when we had internal issues ( pretty much every year after Jose) our team could play on auto pilot mode with any manager.
we shouldn’t have lost to those teams and we were rewarded with our weakest team in history but with strongest desire and will it.

• History

03-04 Monaco
04-05 Ghost goal to Liverpool who we
05-06 Barcelona referee decision
06-07 Liverpool
07-08 Manchester United penalties
08-09 Barcelona

Our team was build specifically to win UCL ( That is what our godfather Roman wanted ) and dominate it, that is why year after year we were in final stages unlike teams like psg or city whose foundations and heritage wasn’t build right. Because even when we had internal issues ( pretty much every year after Jose) our team could play on pilot mode with any manager.
we shouldn’t have lost to those teams and we were rewarded with our weakest team in history but with strongest desire and will it.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

Gonna be honest, I think any of those two could win it and I wouldn't be mad if PSG did it. I don't hate Bayern but their president is so full of it, its aint even funny anymore. Also seem to me like Bayern player are a bit over confident. I mean, don't get me wrong, they are the favorite to win it all, but it seem like they are a bit too sure everything will go their way.

Its really going to depend on player like Neymar and M'bappe for PSG though, if they show up at their best, then, this should be a great game.

I also expect more than 3 goal in this final, maybe it just me, but previous games of those teams didn't really made me feel like either of those defense were perfect.

• History

Gonna be honest, I think any of those two could win it and I wouldn't be mad if PSG did it. I don't hate Bayern but their president is so full of it, its aint even funny anymore. Also seem to me like Bayern player are a bit over confident. I mean, don't get me wrong, they are the favorite to win it all, but it seem like they are so sure everything will go their way.

Its really going to depend on player like Neymar and M'bappe for PSG though, if they show up at their best, then, this should be a great game.

I also expect more than 3 goal in this final, maybe it just me, but previous games of those teams didn't really made me feel like either of those defense were perfect.

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

I really hope that Marcus is just joking about Chelsea

Emrecan_58 4 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I'll be honest, PSG deserved to win UCL when they were destroyed by the referee against Barça's 6-1. They shouldn't have conceded that many anyways but I always thought they deserved to win it that year.

And for this year, we all saw Bayern's weaknesses against Lyon in the first 20 mins. PSG won't be merciful like Lyon did. I believe in the final everything is possible while Bayern are the favourites.

Emrecan_58 4 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Also, if Bayern wins the final before extra time, they will be a team to win UCL by winning every single UCL game.

That's something that never happens so you can understand why people are giving PSG so little chance.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

I said arguebly but the fact of Thebes matter is that referees or act should of Gods just wouldn’t allow Chelsea to win it when they were at their strongest.

That final in Moscow. It was John Terry that was supposed to get a red card not Drogba! And in 2009 , we saw how comfortably Barcelona beat United in the final like it was a walk. United had to play very physical game to keep up with them. Short guy Messi scores a header against them!! Just shows that real final happened in semi final against Chelsea. I won’t go any further kid, watch football.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@emrecan
Exactly! That year was a disgrace the way Barcelona won it because after psg no one really challenged as hard. Ofcourse, one can say PSG should have never let them comeback even if referees were on Barcelona side, but they forget how ruthless their attack and midfield were. You give that sort of leverage to a team and they will take in world class style.

2012 -2013 : Real Madrid to me was best team in the world yet failed to reach final.

Bottom line, sheer being best doesn’t guarantee victory in CL. You do need a bit of luck in this competition. What if I say that Bayern playing in neutral stadium with no spectators was their luck against Lyon. Lyon fans are loud and their home ground is a tough place to go to.

PSG has a chance so I am going for underdogs because year after year they just can’t seem to get it right when it was easy and now they have the type of team with style that they can play against comfortably.