Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champion League Talk!
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Been a while since we last talked about CL, isn't? The group phase is nearly over, thats for sure and today's game were great for a neutral. There were some crazy scenario and it was quite exciting to watch. Here some of them:

• Lyon coming back from 2-0 to qualify as second of the group while Zenith failed to draw against Benfica.
  • Valencia eliminating last year semi-finalist Ajax in a 1-0 win.
  • BVB managing to be the first team to beat Slavia Prague at home (yep, Slavia draw every away game in CL) in the CL this season. Shoot-out to Burki who made some great stop in that game to keep his team at 2-1.
  • Ansu Fati becoming the youngest CL goalscorer with a beautifull strike to secure Barca win over Inter and dooming the Italian club to play the rest of their european campaign in Europa league.

So my final thought about today are:

• That I'm kinda glad Lyon got in over Zenith, neither are looking too great, but I really think that Lyon has higher potential than Zenith.
  • That I'm kinda dissapointed the Liverpool vs Salzbourg game wasn't more crazy like last time around. Would have been more fun.
  • That while I'm sad to see Conte Inter out already, I hope this mean he chose to focus more on the league and less on their european campaign.
  • That I really don't know what to think about Valencia. I mean, in a sense, it was quite the offset but on the other hand, I feel like they are just a bit less competitive than Ajax and that in the long run, them being in the knockout round isn't as interesting as if Ajax had made it.

Finally, about tomorrow, there is only 2 team I believe who aren't yet qualified already, meaning its ain't going to be quite as interesting but I'll talk about it nevertheless. The first of those team can be either Chakhtar, Dinamo and Atalanta and the second will be either Atletico or Bayer. Personally, I gonna predict Atalanta beating Chakhtar and qualifying in group C and Atletico beating Lokomotiv and finishing second in group D. What about you though?

Comments
Golefty 4 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Hopefully Halaand the "man child" can secure us an away goal or two, I dont think we can hold off PSG for 90 minutes without conceding.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hopefully Halaand the "man child" can secure us an away goal or two, I dont think we can hold of PSG for 90 minutes without conceding.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well first " surprise " despite Atleti used to defeat contenders past years ( juve, Bayern, Barça...) On double confrontations...

But it remains a surprise, this is what it costs you when you secure the League fast and get into a confortable mental position.

PSG getting past Dortmund was thé Logic, Spurs were not favorites against Leipzig and with injuries they were thé underdogs...

Im afraid of second leg, this is thé weakest Barça of thé décade on thé pitch despite being sexy on papier.

For me Bayern will take it this season, and imo City didnt get through yet. A weak Madrid are still Madrid...

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Only watching the highlights, hard to say who played well or not. Given how good the teams are at this stage, it is not surprising to see Liverpool going out, Dortmund out, Spurs out.

I am still pulling for City over Madrid, but that game can go in all kinds of directions.

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golefty after calling us cringe im even happier dortmund got eliminated and it was ome of the most comfortable victories in a knockout game

@Golefty after calling us cringe im even happier dortmund got eliminated and it was one of the most comfortable victories in a knockout game.
P.S. Did you see how they took the mick out of the haaland celebration? Hahaha