Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea
ArsenalGunners 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 37 1662

chelsea goalkeeper has made a move across London to Arsenal. I don't know what to say about this transfer because Cech is still one of the best goalkeepers in the world but he is 33 so he will only be at the club for about 2-3 years. The downside is that ospina is apparently going to move out of Arsenal and fenerbahce are interested in him. I would rather sell szczesny rather than ospina. But welcome to Arsenal Cech!!!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

chelsea goalkeeper has made a move across London to Arsenal. I don't know what to saw about this transfer because Cech is still on of the best goalkeepers in the world but he is 33 so he will only be at the club for about 2-3 years. The downside is that ospina is apparently going to move out of Arsenal and fenerbahce are interested in him. I would rather sell szczesny rather than ospina. But welcome to Arsenal Cech!!!

Comments
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I don't get this move. Ospina was perfect for his first class, highest save percentage of all PL goalkeepers who played more than 10 games. If it was Ospina for EPL and Cech for UCL, then I don't mind. Szczesny can learn from him a lot but it's a weird move. I will miss the the chant"OOOOOOOOOOospinaa" tho :(

ArsenalGunners 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

I really wanted szczesny out of Arsenal. He has cost Arsenal in crucial games such as the capital one cup final and has been too casual and let in cheap goals :/

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

FFS

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago Edited
1 461

Ospina :(
Szcz :(

Ospina was described as a very good keeper as soon as we bought him. Despite his negatives at the end of the season, he shouldn't be pushed at the number 2 position so quickly (or sold!). Szcz at his best (yes, he is inconsistent) rivaled Cech's clean sheet stats at one season (although the Chelsea and Arsenal defenses are different, to keep in mind).

I don't feel that we *need* an amazing keeper like Cech to win the BPL title/CL or what have you. Just my feeling. If he does play for us, then awesome! But I will miss Ospina/Szcz :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ospina was described as a very good keeper. Despite his negatives at the end of the season, he shouldn't be pushed at the number 2 position so quickly (or sold!). Szcz at his best rivaled Cech's clean sheet stats at one season (although the Chelsea and Arsenal defenses are different, to keep in mind).

I don't feel that we *need* an amazing keeper like Cech to win the BPL title/CL or what-have-you. Just my feeling.

Ospina was described as a very good keeper. Despite his negatives at the end of the season, he shouldn't be pushed at the number 2 position so quickly (or sold!). Szcz at his best (yes, he is inconsistent) rivaled Cech's clean sheet stats at one season (although the Chelsea and Arsenal defenses are different, to keep in mind).

I don't feel that we *need* an amazing keeper like Cech to win the BPL title/CL or what-have-you. Just my feeling.

Ospina was described as a very good keeper as soon as we bought him. Despite his negatives at the end of the season, he shouldn't be pushed at the number 2 position so quickly (or sold!). Szcz at his best (yes, he is inconsistent) rivaled Cech's clean sheet stats at one season (although the Chelsea and Arsenal defenses are different, to keep in mind).

I don't feel that we *need* an amazing keeper like Cech to win the BPL title/CL or what have you. Just my feeling.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Nice move but I fell we should keep Ospina...

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i would agree if cech plays for UCL matches though. sell szczesny please keep our OOOSSSPPPPPIINNNAAAAAAAA!!

Mainzfeldski 9 years ago
1 461

OOOOOOOOSPINA!!! Stay with us :D

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm not sure I understand all the opposition to this... it's like swapping Giroud for Lewandonski... sure one did his job well, but the other one is world-freaking-class.

Arsenal is going to be a pain to play with a great keeper.

Arsenal, England 37 1662

Sunflash this isn't a swap deal lol. Arsenal are buying Cech for £11m.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I know that... I meant that you are swapping players from within your own team... 11M is cake for a club like Arsenal.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Sunflash spot on, very nice move for Gunners, Arsenal just bought a winner...

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, I would take Lewandowski for Giroud without any regrets at any day.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

This is great news for Arsenal. Get rid of Szczesny, and put Cech as the starting GK with Ospina on the bench.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

As if this wasn't bad enough already, his first official game will be the Community Shield against Chelsea :((

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Reports Arsenal have signed Petr Cech are premature. Negotiations progressing but currently no deal in place

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

According to whom is it a done deal? Last I heard the clubs haven't agreed on a price and I know for sure that Mourinho wouldn't want to let him go to Arsenal. I somehow still find this hard to believe. But then again, Chelsea never refuses a player that wants to leave. If this happens it would be a great move for Arsenal, but the worst move ever for Chelsea since he's currently probably better than Courtois and Arsenal is a direct competitor for the title (Yes, I dare to say). At the Arsenal fans who questions this transfer, are you goddamn out of your minds?

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Best of luck to Cech to our rivals. May we have great matches in the upcoming future. Thank you for everything petr :)

Arsenal, England 37 1662

@KTBFFHSWE, The deal is not 100% complete but it's most certainly gonna be complete the next few days. There have been reports on reliable sources such as sky sports and bbc sports that the 2 clubs have almost come to a deal which is likely to happen.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Im starting to think Arsenal got Cech only so United couldn't have it... It is the only acceptable reason I see.