Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cech joins Arsenal from Chelsea
ArsenalGunners 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 37 1662

chelsea goalkeeper has made a move across London to Arsenal. I don't know what to say about this transfer because Cech is still one of the best goalkeepers in the world but he is 33 so he will only be at the club for about 2-3 years. The downside is that ospina is apparently going to move out of Arsenal and fenerbahce are interested in him. I would rather sell szczesny rather than ospina. But welcome to Arsenal Cech!!!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

chelsea goalkeeper has made a move across London to Arsenal. I don't know what to saw about this transfer because Cech is still on of the best goalkeepers in the world but he is 33 so he will only be at the club for about 2-3 years. The downside is that ospina is apparently going to move out of Arsenal and fenerbahce are interested in him. I would rather sell szczesny rather than ospina. But welcome to Arsenal Cech!!!

Comments
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Petr Cech is only a successful medical away from completing his move from Chelsea to Arsenal.

The Gunners have agreed a fee of £10.9m with the Premier League champions and the Czech Republic international has also agreed personal terms in principal.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

So I guess this transfer may actually happen.. £11m is a good deal for an aging player that only got a year left on his contract. In a year Cech would be bosman and would probably leave for Arsenal anyways (as he apparently doesn't want to leave London). Might as well cash out on him now. He's way too good to be on the bench anyways. It seems that Mou doesn't want this transfer to happen, but orders came from top to sell him.

Arsenal will get a legend in between the posts.

ArsenalGunners 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Edwin van der sar joined United at the age of 34 and went on to become a United legend. Van der sar had 6 more world class years at United after joining them. I believe cech has 6-7 good seasons left in him too because goal keepers play well until their 40's look at Buffon as an example

Lodatz 9 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

It's pretty good business by the Gunners. I'm a teeny bit jealous, but so long as Saint Hugo goes nowhere, I'll live. ;)

ArsenalGunners 9 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Lol where did lodatz come from hasn't been on for a while :P

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Tuanis you're pretty much wrong here I believe ;-p. I think it's all down to Cech where he wants to move, and I've read everywhere that he wants to stay in London because of his family & kids, and I'd say Arsenal is the best option in London. I think London plays HUGE part in this move.

This move still isn't confirmed btw

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Tuanis you're pretty much wrong here I belive ;-p. I think it's all down to Cech where he wants to move, and I've read everywhere that he wants to stay in London because of his family & kids, and I'd say Arsenal is the best option in London. I think London plays HUGE part in this move.

This move still isn't confirmed btw

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

The move is now confirmed, based on footyroom transfer center.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is set for a medical today ahead of his proposed move to Arsenal

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Still not technically confirmed.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

What a game of Ospina vs Argentina, clearly MOTM. Some competition in the air in North London :)

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

It was only a while ago when young Petr Cech replaced the legendary Carlo Cudini, who then moved to another London club - Tottenham Hotpsur. It's almost deja vu.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@tiki Yea, that double save, specially the Messi's header, brilliant. I think it's a shame that we are selling him after his really successful first year.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Quickzy his save VS Otamendi was even more impressive.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, here we go