Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Carlo Ancelotti Sacked by Bayern Munich
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

http://www.espnfc.com/bayern-munich/story/3215502/bayern-munich-part-company-with-coach-carlo-ancelotti-after-psg-defeat
Bayern Munich part company with coach Carlo Ancelotti after PSG defeat

I didn't follow Bayern Munich when Carlo was involved but this is sad news to me. I watched the first half of the game yesterday and I have to say that aside from the fact that Bayern was COMPLETELY unlucky, PSG capitalized on the counter and were the better finishers. Not to mention the fact that had Neuer been there the game could've looked a bit differently.

Thoughts? Also @Croatian I remember seeing your thread a few days back. Is this how you expected things to end?

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I guess Pep didn't have it so easy at Bayern, eh?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I guess Pep didn't have it so easy and Bayern, eh?

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

they're not at the top of bundesliga. but they've only played 6 games!
and lost a group stage game to psg!
and they were not that bad last year.

pretty stupid to sack him imo.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's too short patient. I feel bad for him.

And Neuer's injury comes at the worst time. THe replacement is SO SO SO terrible, I haven't seen any goalie being this bad in all the top flight leagues.

Bayern is aging and they need time to refresh...

• History

It's too short patient. I feel bad for him.

And Neuer's injury comes at the worst time. THe replacement is SO SO SO terrible, I haven't seen any goalie being this bad on the top flight league.

Bayern is aging and they need time to refresh...

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@tuan_jinn Well, he should have started Hummels really. Also, why put Muller and Rodriguez on the wing? Poor decision to bring such a lineup against that kind of opposition. :( Also, like Croatian already said, there are other option than Ulreich for replacing Neuer, why not give a chance to a youngster instead? All in all, I feel like he made poor decision for his starting lineup in this game among some other. Still doesn't deserve this but at least, I can see some of the reasoning behind the sack. Really have to wonder where he will go next though, hope its Milan. As for his replacement, they will need a quality manager, any thought as who it could be?

Another thing that come to mind is the fact that a lot of Bayern player didn't seem so motivated or even happy with Carlo as the boss, some player like Lewandoski and Muller in particular come to mind. Talking about Lewandoski, I remember he said he wanted Bayern to spend more on player this summer, maybe they should have listened to him. :(

• History

@tuan_jinn Well, he should have started Hummels really. Also, why put Muller and Rodriguez on the wing? Poor decision to bring such a lineup against that kind of opposition. :( Also, like Croatian already said, there are other option than Ulreich for replacing Neuer, why not give a chance to a youngster instead? All in all, I feel like he made poor decision for his starting lineup in this game among some other. Still doesn't deserve this but at least, I can see some of the reasoning behind the sack. Really have to wonder where he will go next though, hope its Milan. As for his replacement, they will need a quality manager, any thought as who it could be?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Bayern fired the man that would make a good switch of generations and make the transition go smooth.
Losing 3:0 to PSG with Neymar is hardly Ancelotti's fault but that's how it works now, 1 bad week and you're done, don Carlo will be fine, in the end of the day it's Bayern that has the problems.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

remember when people were saying Ancelotti did better than Heynckes? lol

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Not like Heynckes had like a million chances while Ancelotti was fired after 1 season, jokes on you buddy

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Quikzyyy who tf said that? lol

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I don’t remember people saying ancelotti did better than heynckes but i did hear pep being better than heyncke.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Just for perspective:

Jupp Heynkes, in the summer of 2011, took over a Bayern Munich team who had finished 3rd in the Bundesliga the year before, and took them to 2nd in the league, a DFB-Pokal final, and a Champions League final. The very next year he won all three competitions, and promptly retired.

Carlo Ancelotti took over a Bayern who had won the league 4 years in a row before him, even winning a double in Pep's last year, and then only brought in one trophy.

While I agree that the dismissal is pretty stupid, it's not as though you can say Heynkes was somehow protected in comparison to Ancelotti. Still, it's sad that football is this way now.

I bet Liverpool will sign him up, if they fire Klopp.

• History

Just for perspective:

Jupp Heynkes, in the summer of 2011, took over a Bayern Munich team who had finished 3rd in the Bundesliga the year before, and took them to 2nd in the league, a DFB-Pokal final, and a Champions League final. The very next year he won all three competitions, and promptly retired.

Carlo Ancelotti took over a Bayern who had won the league 4 years in a row before him, winning a double in Pep's last year, and then only brought in one trophy.

While I agree that the dismissal is pretty stupid, it's not as though you can say Heynkes was somehow protected in comparison to Ancelotti. Still, it's sad that football is this way now.

I bet Liverpool will sign him up,if they fire Klopp.

Just for perspective:

Carlo Ancelotti took over a Bayern who had won the league 4 years in a row before him, even winning a double in Pep's last year, and then only brought in one trophy.

I bet Liverpool will sign him up,if they fire Klopp.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Nice perspective, sadly thats not the only time he took over Bayern, he lost the Bundesliga race a lot throughout his Bayern career, got one season perfect with a great team all in their prime years, all titles and quickly retired and became a myth that german fans think somehow everyone should repeat that, even though Heynckes himself didn't even dare to try and defend anything...

Bayern politics of not even having a clue about how to make a transition will bite them in the ass, but at least Ancelotti's team got Süle, Tolisso and Coman for the future.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo I don't have any opinion on Heynckes but I agree firing Ancelotti at this time seems stupid, he haven't fail terribly at anything yet despite some poor results recently. He should have been given a chance to fix it, too bad he won't have it. Now what I think we should focus on is where is Carlos going to go and who is gonna replace him at Bayern, those question are more important that knowing if Carlo could have been better than Heynckes imo. Seriously hope Carlo goes to Milan, they could really use his help.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

The main reason he got fired was because there were some star players that were against him, as mentioned by Bayern's president. Feel bad for James because he was loaned to Bayern with the intention of regaining his level of play under Ancelotti only for him to be fired soon after :<

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

So much stuff to talk about. Firstly, Ancelotti's sacking is right thing to do at the moment because he lost trust from key players in Robben, Ribery, Boateng, Muller, even seemingly Vidal. Lewandowski would quite literally force a move if we didn't sack Ancelotti. He did decent in first season but right now it was shittiest Bayern since Wolfsburg took league. We play without idea and without chemistry, all balls go to either Kimmich who is then forced to cross or Alaba who doesn't know how to cross at all. Ancelotti lost it. It was only logical thing to do, knowing all teams would also go for Nagelsmann, and we need to get him before anyone else does.

@raimondo, anyone who says Pep failed doesn't have a clue. If we had some luck we would pass Atletico and everyone would praise Pep as best in world. Pep had two years to make German team play completely different football which was played in Spain. He did it quite well. If he had more time he would make CL contenders for sure. We also played quite good football.

@Golazo,

Bayern fired the man that would make a good switch of generations and make the transition go smooth.

Transition? We only lack young wingers (Coman and Gnabry), most of our squad is in prime and we are looking for replacements and bought replacements last summer. Neuer has Fruchtl right out of academy. We have Sule and peak Boateng-Hummels with Javi still in good years. We have still-in-good-age Alaba and Bernat as backup. We have Kimmich as rightback with no real backup except Rafinha who is out of form. We have Thiago, peak Vidal, peak Rudy in midfield, aswell as Tolisso and James. Muller and Lewa are in prime.

Transition won't come for atleast two more years and I doubt Bayern's board doesn't have a plan.

Losing 3:0 to PSG with Neymar is hardly Ancelotti's fault but that's how it works now, 1 bad week and you're done, don Carlo will be fine, in the end of the day it's Bayern that has the problems.

Yes it is. It is clearly Ancelotti's fault. Firstly it was idea of game, or lack of it. 17 corners? Every action goes to Kimmich who then crosses hoping for someone to get chance? Nah it does not work like it. Also he picked Sule and Javi to defend against super fast Neymar and Mbappe, instead of picking Boateng. Also picking midfield of Thiago-Vidal-Tolisso was such a shitty idea I can't believe he really thought it would work. Same as not atleast using Robben instead of James.

Our only problem was Ancelotti.

Nice perspective, sadly thats not the only time he took over Bayern, he lost the Bundesliga race a lot throughout his Bayern career, got one season perfect with a great team all in their prime years, all titles and quickly retired and became a myth that german fans think somehow everyone should repeat that, even though Heynckes himself didn't even dare to try and defend anything...

This is seriously dumb. You are basically saying Heynckes had zero work in result we had at end of 2012/13 season. Heynckes had 5 games to save our season in 2008/09. That's all he had started with in Bayern. He got four wins and made us get second place after Wolfsburg which didn't even look bad at the end. He then managed Bayer for I think two seasons and came back in 2011/12. We lost to fantastic Borussia side in both league and cup but still got to UCL finals in which only luck helped Chelsea win the game. That's his first season with squad that was in big problems. Next season was best season Bayern saw as club in 21st century. We won league by 25 points and had 21 clean sheets. Both Rummenigge and Beckenbauer claimed that was best Bayern ever. That's how good we were. And you are saying we won it because of prime Ribery and Robben.

And how much cr*p you can post. Heynckes didn't decide to go himself but club wanted to bring in Guardiola because it was golden chance. Heynckes knew it and made us win treble and peacefully retire as one of greatest figures in Bundesliga history.

You know how old is he now? 72. Treble happened 5 years ago. Now calculate how old he was. It was right moment to retire.

Bayern politics of not even having a clue about how to make a transition will bite them in the ass, but at least Ancelotti's team got Süle, Tolisso and Coman for the future.

You thinking we don't have clue about making a transition? If we kept this manager who doesn't even rotate frequently we would go same way Milan did. You are just too much of fanboy mate.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ancelotti is good manager but not better than Pep and certainly both aren't better Jupp "Der General" Heynckes

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Ancelotti was the only problem, how come he beat your team 4:0 away @Croatian? Who was the problem back then?

If Neymar dribbles past 5 players and gets the assist of the goal, is that really Ancelotti's problem?

Most of the games Bayern plays they dominate in most game stats, vs PSG:
Bayern posession - 63%
Shots - 16, 7 on target vs PSG 12, 5 on target
Corners - 18, PSG 1

Game before that is it Ancelotti's fault that the reserve goalkeeper lets the ball go through his hands like a total amateur?

Stop being deluded ok?

Ancelotti fired after 1 season is not his problem, it's Bayerns.
I bet you guys in Germany are the only set of people that actually tell stories how everything is fine it's only because of the manager but he's gone now Bayern wins everything for sure just get a german coach only a german understands football nobody else!

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Golazo,

If Ancelotti was the only problem, how come he beat your team 4:0 away @Croatian? Who was the problem back then?

Ironic you're saying that right after you said Heynckes had prime team. If that was prime team we would beat them too, right? We dominated and in the end won against Real in 2011/12. How come Heynckes beated Borussia, team who dominated Real and also came real close to win it. Of course Heynckes in your eyes isn't great manager but just one who had dominant set of players in squad.

Guardiola is clear fault for losing it and ogt dominated, I'm not even gonna lie.

If Neymar dribbles past 5 players and gets the assist of the goal, is that really Ancelotti's problem?

No, but his problem is whole formation/idea and how he presented it to players. If you don't know, he drew squad on board and left room without saying a word.

Most of the games Bayern plays they dominate in most game stats, vs PSG:
Bayern posession - 63%
Shots - 16, 7 on target vs PSG 12, 5 on target
Corners - 18, PSG 1

We had posession, we didn't have game. I don't understand how you can't just process it that we were absolutely shit thanks to Ancelotti. No idea in gameplay. Give ball to Kimmich, let him cross.

We had shots which weren't even dangerous, maybe one or two, while PSG used three big chances they got.

We had corners, 18 of them. Because we couldn't normally get to goal but had to cross in, ugliest Bayern in this decade.

Stop being deluded ok?

If I am deluded what are you? Do I really need to write all the shit you said against Heynckes? Or praising Ancelotti when we are so shit at this moment. He had second best squad in world undoubtely. We can't even get lead in Bundesliga by now, nor crush teams like we used to.

Ancelotti fired after 1 season is not his problem, it's Bayerns.
I bet you guys in Germany are the only set of people that actually tell stories how everything is fine it's only because of the manager but he's gone now Bayern wins everything for sure just get a german coach only a german understands football nobody else!

Saving our season is our interest, not problem. I'm not even German, I hope you understand that. My dad is Bayern fan, that's why I am Bayern fan. German coaches are tradition because they know German football from the earliest age. Nagelsmann is 30 and made village of 3,500 people and one small club get to 4th place in Bundesliga and playoffs of UCL. That's why we need him or Tuchel, because they make difference.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

To be fair, some manager just have a hard time making a good connection to certain club, just like great manager who suceed in club like Real Madrid can fail in Bayern, those kind of thing happen. Wish Golazo would try to understand that instead of only focusing on his first point. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The probelm is that I don't think Golazo watched many Bayern games this season to judge how well they were playing. I know I haven't but if Croatian is a fan I bet he has.

If the board say they lost the Bayern identity then that means something. At least they didn't trust Ancelotti, not the board, not the players. Better to leave than to continue.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Bayern identity is based on one historical season, their fans actually believe that everyone should repeat 1 special season each year, that happened only once in their whole history and because of that 1 season everything else that happened before that is forgotten. How is that realistic?

That results in a fan like Croatian that openly can say that Ancelotti is to be blamed, Pep is to be blamed and that's fine but maybe, just maybe if 2 very known managers got fired you should think that someone would ask a question, if maybe Bayern is a bit too arrogant in their own self-opinion and expectations.
Chelsea fired Ancelotti as well, Real Madrid as well, but in general fans thought that he was pretty good, that's the difference.